Your Realistic Predictions for 2013?

Well this has already been asked 500 times and I've already posted my predictions, but what the hell I'll take the bait.

vs Austin Peay (W) 1-0
vs WKU (W) 2-0
at Oregon (L) 2-1
at Florida (L) 2-2
vs South Bama (W) 3-2
vs Georgia (L) 3-3
Open
vs South Carolina (L) 3-4
at Alabama (L) 3-5
at Missouri (W) 4-5
vs Auburn (W) 5-5
Open
vs Vanderbilt (W) 6-5
at Kentucky (W) 7-5
Bowl game Win - 8-5

That's being extremely optimistic, IMO. At Missouri is no cupcake, ask Georgia. They didn't pull away until the 4th quarter. Also, Auburn is no cupcake either. They have way more talent than us and half the SEC, they just lacked the coaching. If they have that coaching this year, they could be a 9 win team.

This is what I think will happen also. But I think we have a chance to surprise Oregon and Florida.

I think we are a better team than last years record shows and I think there is a new excitement on the hill that will translate into a much improved team.

My expectation is that we go bowling, and that we beat either Florida, Oregon or Georgia during the season. That would be amazing. I really want to experience us beating a big team and pulling off an upset! I really despise the depressing threads on here while we are getting pasted.

Reactions: 1 person
7-5 regular season with the possibility with a suprise win of going 8-4. If we win 8 or more games I will have a smile on my face that rivals Jack Nicholsons Joker!

Really not trying to be pessimistic, but I'm guessing 6 wins and maybe a meaningless bowl game. However, I think we will improve and make strides going into 2014.

Well this has already been asked 500 times and I've already posted my predictions, but what the hell I'll take the bait.

vs Austin Peay (W) 1-0
vs WKU (W) 2-0
at Oregon (L) 2-1
at Florida (L) 2-2
vs South Bama (W) 3-2
vs Georgia (L) 3-3
Open
vs South Carolina (L) 3-4
at Alabama (L) 3-5
at Missouri (W) 4-5
vs Auburn (W) 5-5
Open
vs Vanderbilt (W) 6-5
at Kentucky (W) 7-5
Bowl game Win - 8-5

That's being extremely optimistic, IMO. At Missouri is no cupcake, ask Georgia. They didn't pull away until the 4th quarter. Also, Auburn is no cupcake either. They have way more talent than us and half the SEC, they just lacked the coaching. If they have that coaching this year, they could be a 9 win team.

Missouri isnt a good team and our starters are as good as Auburn IMO

With Austin Peay, Western Kentucky, and South Alabama on the schedule, all we have to do is win three actual games. SURELY we can get to 6 and a bowl.

APSU, WKU, South AL, and UK are wins. ..

UF, UGA, Bama, Oregon and USCe are loses. ..

Auburn, Vandy and Missouri are toss ups. ..

I think we can win 2 of the 3 toss up games(VU and Mizzou) but it could still go either way...

5-6 wins likely.

6-6 (3-5)

Missouri and Auburn are two toss-up games, imo. I think we will beat one and lose to the other.

To the people saying Auburn is a toss-up game and Vandy is a Win. You obviously didnt watch Auburn last year and didnt see their spring game.

Vandy is a 10x better team the Auburn right now and no I'm not saying Vandy is good, just that Auburn is really really bad.

I'd say Auburn (might) be worse then Kentucky.

Last edited:
Until Vanderbilt starts beating Tennessee on a regular basis, I will never go into the season expecting or thinking UT will lose to them. Vanderbilt hasn't beaten Tennessee in back-to-back seasons since 1925/1926. Auburn, on the other hand, has won the previous 5 meetings. Our last win was in '99. Tennessee historically struggles against the Tigers.

It's all just opinions, anyway.

Austin Peay - W
W. Ky - W
Oregon - L
Florida - L
S. AL - W
GA - L
SC - L
AL - L
*Mizzou - L
*Auburn - L
*Vandy - L
Ky - W

4-8 if they lose the starred games, 7-5 if they win them.

VN Store

Back