“climate emergency”

Mine will be fine. Like I said, we set things straight at the dinner table every night. I hate it for the kids that dont have proper family structure.

Isnt is amazing how these progs feel the need to tell others how to live? Like some meglamania complex. In before someone says but conservatives say...

In my experience the wokeness hasn't hit our classrooms here; particularly in any kind of mandate way. Where it's gaining foothold is the massive growth of non-teaching personnel on campus covering every woke angle you can think of. The classroom here is kind of an oasis but I can see the writing on the wall. All these non-teaching personnel have to justify their jobs so more and more "programs" get created and tuition keeps going up to pay for all these people.

If you do not mind saying, what field do you teach? Just thought it interesting that you woirked at ORNL at one time, so woud think some type of sciences.

Reactions: AM64
If you do not mind saying, what field do you teach? Just thought it interesting that you woirked at ORNL at one time, so woud think some type of sciences.

Marketing. I did some marketing research for commercializing scientific discoveries at ORNL for a couple years. Since then I apply Marketing to STEM and Healthcare discovery and startups

In my experience the wokeness hasn't hit our classrooms here; particularly in any kind of mandate way. Where it's gaining foothold is the massive growth of non-teaching personnel on campus covering every woke angle you can think of. The classroom here is kind of an oasis but I can see the writing on the wall. All these non-teaching personnel have to justify their jobs so more and more "programs" get created and tuition keeps going up to pay for all these people.

I haven't been on a campus in earnest for many years, but when I read about what's going on at the university level that expansion away from the old core keeps showing up. I assumed a lot of woke stuff came not from the core classes but more from classes pandering to special interests.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I haven't been on a campus in earnest for many years, but when I read about what's going on at the university level that expansion away from the old core keeps showing up. I assumed a lot of woke stuff came not from the core classes but more from classes pandering to special interests.

Just a guess, but much of it comes from the fields that leave you with little future career opportunity like the liberal arts. Gotta explain away why someone spent $200K and trouble making a living or paying back the student loans. A Correlation IMO. Hello my name is Bob.."I have a BS degree in Wokeness".

Let's get serious about depopulating by America leading by example. I propose the easiest and most climate-friendly way to thin the herd. See map below. Equal populations represented. The most logical approach is to drive those living on both coasts into the sea. I am starting the like this climate emergency the more I think about it.
View attachment 362030
Does Acme sell a saw large enough to cut off both coasts?

Reactions: McDad and AM64
Does Acme sell a saw large enough to cut off both coasts?

be92315853abfc3597036876d15725a4.gif

Marketing. I did some marketing research for commercializing scientific discoveries at ORNL for a couple years. Since then I apply Marketing to STEM and Healthcare discovery and startups

You jolted me back to the days of working with marketing people from companies like Hewlett-Packard when they were selling top notch test equipment and hadn't gotten into the PC market. Those people were excellent and really knew their equipment - same with people from instrumentation at Honeywell, Tektronix, and especially Endevco (accelerometers for vibration and some very unique piezoelectric pressure transducers). One Endevco rep I knew called one day and said you'd never guess where I am - turns out he was at Disney and they were testing a new ride. Those guys were a real credit to marketing - you could call and work through a problem with equipment or figure what you could do differently because they knew their stuff or the engineers you needed for consultation.

Reactions: Orangeburst
You jolted me back to the days of working with marketing people from companies like Hewlett-Packard when they were selling top notch test equipment and hadn't gotten into the PC market. Those people were excellent and really knew their equipment - same with people from instrumentation at Honeywell, Tektronix, and especially Endevco (accelerometers for vibration and some very unique piezoelectric pressure transducers). One Endevco rep I knew called one day and said you'd never guess where I am - turns out he was at Disney and they were testing a new ride. Those guys were a real credit to marketing - you could call and work through a problem with equipment or figure what you could do differently because they knew their stuff or the engineers you needed for consultation.

We used to have direct access as field reps to engineering and tech support. Different company now, but now open up a case with customer support and receive a case number. So as you try and articulate a problem with back and forth you spend countless time and emails to come to resolution, if at all. What could be handled in a 5 minute phone call now takes days of back and forth. Half the times you get half answers and leave yourself wondering "what?", did you even read the email.

My son taught HS because he thought he could make a difference. He probably did, but you can't fight the system. A PhD and teaching again at the college level suits him better, but you can tell he's burning out on teaching, and this last year hasn't helped.

The public school issue probably is a lot less a local that you would hope. Policies come from on high - like ivy league pie in the sky liberal crap from on high. Stuff that's adopted by government policy and forced down the pipe - he who has the gold makes the rules kind of thing. University schools of education are full of the nonsense being pushed into public schools. Once you accept the thought that buying into and understanding the theory of teaching is more important than mastery of the subject taught there's little hope of kids getting what they need particularly in math and sciences. They are going to get what the "more educated" liberals shove down from ivy towers of liberal thought.

Well part of me hopes your son sustains his passion, good teachers are so valuable and so hard to find.

VN Store

Back