2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
52 percent two point field goal shooter.
Yes, and in our three point/layup offense scheme, with her speed and athleticism she may be getting a lot of the layups. She is just not about high school hype though she will be our highest rated HS recruit. She was all Freshmen ACC and would be considered our top transfer so far according to the ratings though personally I am more excited about Latham. Watching her highlights, I can see what the fuss is about.

Last edited:

Were getting closer.

She would complement Ruby so well in that she is already a great three-point shooter. It would give us at least two really good three point shooting guards, along with Tess and Sara who both have that potential as well. Given the histories of Cooper (pre -SC) and Destiny, it is very possible one of them if not both could start finding the range again.

Nice pick up if possible..when does she visit?
I hope she ends up a LV, it would be a big piece by adding a true PG type allowing Coop to move to her more natural 2-3 spots most of the time imo. I think having a PG in your new offense that is a good three shooter is also important. Hope you get her and Whitehorn as predicted, would make for a really good starting unit. I understand why the new staff has kept everything under tight wraps, it’s best especially in the first go around, no need to put added pressure on the coaches and visiting players.

She would complement Ruby so well in that she is already a great three-point shooter. It would give us at least two really good three point shooting guards, along with Tess and Sara who both have that potential as well. Given the histories of Cooper (pre -SC) and Destiny, it is very possible one of them if not both could start finding the range again.
An abundance of long range artillery! I’m starting to get excited. 😊

Can you tell us what those two sources are or post a link to them?

We're pretty selective on our outrage toward posting rumor as fact around here. Dark Phoenix got unmericifully roasted a couple of weeks ago for that in a matter not nearly as consequential as NIL money. I hope we can confirm the 2.3 mil or stop quoting it as fact.
…and the further out in time we move without someone posting requested credible reference, the less is should be used. There allegedly are two out there…

While I agree with that probability, you’ve posted this as fact. This is not like coaches salaries which, except for Vandy, are publically disclosed.
The interesting thing about that statement, which I also believe is true, is that the LSU athletic dept. is notorious for running deficits, and yet they continue to spend like demons. I get that NIL is a separate entity from AD expenditures, but it’s still fascinating how the Cajuns spend money.

I think we should all know this info. Pay transparency is important for negotiations.
Probably won’t happen until the players unionize and a CBA is set up. Until then, the cheaters, criminals and lawyers benefitting from the current arrangement will keep the numbers from public view.

IMHO. 😉

Probably won’t happen until the players unionize and a CBA is set up. Until then, the cheaters, criminals and lawyers benefitting from the current arrangement will keep the numbers from public view.

IMHO. 😉
I don’t disagree. I also think I harbor a lot of frustration because it’s really a circumstance of the rich getting richer, which I think erodes the original intent of NIL and more fundamentally college athletics. I fear maybe I’m getting old 😭

I don’t disagree. I also think I harbor a lot of frustration because it’s really a circumstance of the rich getting richer, which I think erodes the original intent of NIL and more fundamentally college athletics. I fear maybe I’m getting old 😭
It’s as old as college football and the NCAA. Unqualified student athletes were originally referred to as “ringers”.

You aren't wrong. It's going to leave the average joe out of the game in due time.

IMHO. 😉
Well, this is potentially huge news:

I guess Geno couldn’t develop her, as some on here would say.
Amari had plenty of opportunities to perform but always played at the same speed, did not like to play in the low post, and lacked any aggression at all. She was a great teammate but just did not fit into what UConn needed her to do. I hope she can find new life in Maryland as she is a really good kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back