2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I obviously watched zero Arkansas games. Anybody watch them play? How can a FG% be that low. That is some uber inefficiency. Shooting in general more the problem or shot selection?
arkansas offense does not help a shooters percentage at all. it’s horrible. spencer would be a GREAT asset off the bench. double digit scorer on any night.

She had a lot of drama with Taliah Scott, but her numbers against SEC teams were impressive.
Reallyyyyy?? What happened? Im from Arkansas and I’m literally the only one out my friend group that’s an odd ball when it comes to women’s basketball. Lol whenever Tennessee used to play in Fayetteville, I’d be sitting with them in my orange lol.

Enough story time, they never mentioned anything between those 2. I didn’t know! 😩 now I have to go be nosey! 😂

Reallyyyyy?? What happened? Im from Arkansas and I’m literally the only one out my friend group that’s an odd ball when it comes to women’s basketball. Lol whenever Tennessee used to play in Fayetteville, I’d be sitting with them in my orange lol.

Enough story time, they never mentioned anything between those 2. I didn’t know! 😩 now I have to go be nosey! 😂
Apparently there was something on an Arkansas podcast in which Samara was salty about McDonalds All Americans, which many interpreted as directed at Taliah, and then just a few days ago was commenting on Taliah’s TikTok mocking her commitment to Auburn. 👀

Wondering if this is an either/or situation with them both being PGs? If we were to get both of them and Whitehorn/Kapinus, then we are at 15. Maybe they don’t plan on adding another forward/post?
She played mostlyfour guards and one post most of the time. Most teams usually have to match up or get beat a lot downcourt and off the dribble.

Last edited:
I wondered that too…I’d really like to add another post just for depth
Me too. I’m not sure what to make of the Spencer and Dwyer visits. Now I have a lot of questions! Does the staff not imagine Cooper as a PG? Or Boyd? (Or Wynn for that matter?) Do they expect Wells to miss a significant chunk of the season? Are we going to have two PGs on the court at most times, and only going to see one post on the court at a time?

agreed. we have enough guard depth if we add whitehorn, spencer/miami guard, and kapinus. would be good to use that last scholarship on another post.
I'm trying to figure out how they would spin it to all these players to get them to buy in. If they take all, there's only so much playing time to go around.

Reactions: glv98
Me too. I’m not sure what to make of the Spencer and Dwyer visits. Now I have a lot of questions! Does the staff not imagine Cooper as a PG? Or Boyd? (Or Wynn for that matter?) Do they expect Wells to miss a significant chunk of the season? Are we going to have two PGs on the court at most times, and only going to see one post on the court at a time?
Yeah it def seems they don’t see a pg on the team imo bc these are all 1 year players.

Really don't either as neither one are players that are that effective at least to this point in their careers. I would again think they were backup choices as we haven't got a commit that is verfied totally for either Whitehorn or Kapinus.

Reactions: VolFuture
Plus a lot of these players she is recruiting via the portal will have multiple years left. I believe we will have 6 graduating (doing quick math so correct me if I am wrong), so having multi year players come in is huge to build this foundation as she looks to add recruits in the '25 class.

Reactions: Vol 67 and alexvol
She played mostlyfour guards and one post most of the time. Most teams usually have to match up and get beat a lot downcourt and off the dribble.

You still have to match up with their posts in half-court defensive situations.

Incoming post defenders are:
Alyssa Latham 6-2
Lazaria Spearman 6-4

Returning post defenders are:
Puckett 6-2
Jill 6-5

? Tess 6-1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back