Recruiting Football Talk VII

When did RBs become an afterthought? When I started watching there were players like Marcus Allen, Roger Craig, etc. that got all the attention.
When they started changing all the rules to favor the offense in the passing game. When those guys you named used to play, defenses could manhandle wide receivers, so the running game was more crucial back then.

Reactions: rikberry31
Stud Finder on Make a GIF

When did RBs become an afterthought? When I started watching there were players like Marcus Allen, Roger Craig, etc. that got all the attention.
Some before those 2 RB's.

Billy Sims
John Riggins
Tony Dorsett
Joe Morris
Wilbert Montgomery
The Falcons Running Back can't remember his name
George Rogers.
Franco Harris

All these guys carried the water for their teams in the 70's and 80's

Last edited:
Emmitt to me was just a high volume RB that had insane durability. 15 years and he only finished 2 seasons with 4.5 YPC or more. Barry only had 2 seasons where he failed to reach 4.5 YPC or better on the year.

Emmitt only had 6 of his 15 seasons end with him averaging 90+ per game. Barry only had 2 seasons where he failed to average 90+ per game.

Billy Sims
John Higgins
Tony Dorsett
Joe Morris
Wilbert Montgomery
George Rogers.
Franco Harris

Gerald Riggs.

Billy Sims
John Riggins
Tony Dorsett
Joe Morris
Wilbert Montgomery
George Rogers.
Franco Harris

how did you forget Sweetness?

Emmitt to me was just a high volume RB that had insane durability. 15 years and he only finished 2 seasons with 4.5 YPC or more. Barry only had 2 seasons where he failed to reach 4.5 YPC or better on the year.

Emmitt only had 6 of his 15 seasons end with him averaging 90+ per game. Barry only had 2 seasons where he failed to average 90+ per game.
Barry’s last 3 PLAYOFF games he had -1 yards rushing, 40 and 65. Emmitt averaged 93 a game for the 17 he participated in. Barry’s average for his 6 was 64.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back