Tennessee Lady Vol News

That is exactly what to look for. After this past season, I would call it the Angel Reese Effect. LSU added another like talented post in Aneesa Morrow and all of Angel's numbers dropped out. When you are not the only player that can score the ball or rebound the ball at a high level, the numbers don't look as gaudy. Caitlin Clark doesn't score the points she scored if she has 2 or 3 other all-Americans on her roster but probably becomes more efficient because of it. It should be interesting to see how Juju grows with this recruiting class that they are bringing into Southern Cal this year. She is a tremendously talented player.
Angel is a player willing to sacrifice to win just like Juju, so her numbers will go down. There’s a reason Kennedy Smith and most likely Kiki is going there because Juju is not a selfish superstar. Clark did have 2 WNBA players on her roster Martin and Stuelke but non are ball dominant so Clark had the ball in her hands anyway with a green light. Reese numbers went down but she was still an All American and Sec player of the year.

The first three look legitimate after that it is a lot of teams that could get that fourth spot.
What I've seen in the SEC the last 5 years is that there always seems to be some surprises and big upsets throughout the season, so it should be interesting. I wouldn't sleep on Johnnie Harris and Auburn. She has been moving that team in a positive direction and had some good additions this off-season. Christy Curry and Alabama holding on to much of that core team from last year will also be really tough. The teams top to bottom are not separated by much unless you are Missouri. Then you are not that good LOL....

That is where they picked us the year Kellie Started and we finished 3rd. I would like to see at least a duplicate of that or better this year.
That would be great in a much greater league now than before. I certainly want a better than a #5 SEC finish with only one team member recruited out of high school once our coach is in their 5th year.

Reactions: brittannica
We have the money now, so we should be able to get the top high school recruits.
That should help a lot, but the programs that are already really successful right now also have plenty of money, so they will have a competitive edge until we start having similar success. The vast majority of the very top transfers and high school recruits are going to programs/coaches that have gone to the Elite 8 at least once in the last few years. Also, success brings in more NIL so once the success train starts going it gathers momentum unless a coach flubs it like they did in Arizona.

Last edited:
We have the money now, so we should be able to get the top high school recruits.
That's right and 2.3 million in nil funds for the women's Basketball team and all the sudden we might be able to recruit again. Just think if we had those same funds in the recruiting wars where we finished as second choice over the last 2-3 years. Things may be very different right now.

Last edited:
That should help a lot, but the programs that are already really successful right now also have plenty of money, so they will have a competitive edge until we start having similar success. The vast majority of the very top transfers and high school recruits are going to programs/coaches that have gone to the Elite 8 at least once in the last few years.
Yes but most of them have top players already, they can’t pay all of them, this is the year for us to grab a few since we won’t have any.

Maybe she can take that next step, she does seem to move better without one side of her body taped.
I maintained all season long that Jill was underperforming or misused or something, whether it was her shoulder, the concussion, or just playing the five. Would love to see her play freely and show off her speed, length, and hops.

I maintained all season long that Jill was underperforming or misused or something, whether it was her shoulder, the concussion, or just playing the five. Would love to see her play freely and show off her speed, length, and hops.
I think it was mostly her shoulder, she wasn’t really moving that well with all that tape, but the concussion also set her back. Having a healthy season and putting the work in this offseason might do her wonders.

VN Store

Back