Tennessee Lady Vol News

I think it was mostly her shoulder, she wasnā€™t really moving that well with all that tape, but the concussion also set her back. Having a healthy season and putting the work in this offseason might do her wonders.
I sometimes forget Jillian is one of two McDonald's All-Americans on our roster. I would love nothing more than for her to have a breakout senior season! The potential is definitely there.

I sometimes forget Jillian is one of two McDonald's All-Americans on our roster. I would love nothing more than for her to have a breakout senior season! The potential is definitely there.

First, we clearly did not see Jillian at her full potential this season-shoulder, concussion and who know what else limited her.

But, playing her as a back to the back post-up player is also clearly not the best use of her talents. She is 6'5 but she does not have a bang in the post body. She is better suited to doing what we saw in the dunk video. Attacking the rim, where she can use her quickness against other posts.

At the risk of re-visiting the past, I am sure the prior staff knew this as well but circumstances dictated using Jillian in this less than ideal manner. As long as Kellie kept running that old school high-low offensive scheme, someone had to play in that slot when Key was not available. Jillian and Karo took one for the team.

CKC's more open offense schemes should allow Jillian to play freer and better utilize her skills.

Last edited:
First, we clearly did not see Jillian at her full potential this season-shoulder, concussion and who know what else limited her.

But, playing her as a back to the back post-up player is also clearly not the best use of her talents. She is 6'5 but she does not have a bang in the post body. She is better suited to doing what we say in dunk video. Attacking the rim, where she can use her quickness against other posts.

At the risk of re-visiting the past, I am sure the prior staff knew this as well but circumstances dictated using Jillian in this less than ideal manner. As long as Kellie kept running that old school high-low offensive scheme, someone had to play in that slot when Key was not available. Jillian and Karo took one for the team.

CKC, more open offense schemes should free Jillian to play freer and better utilize her skills.
No having Rickea took the spotlight put her in a position that was not her best. I look forward to her having a much better season next year. She could be one of the players that take a huge step forward in her game.

No having Rickea took the spotlight put her in a position that was not her best. I look forward to her having a much better season next year. She could be one of the players that take a huge step forward in her game.
I thought about mentioning that factor as well but JIllian did not exactly shine in those games without Rickea, where she played more in that power forward slot. She had good outings against Troy and Memphis but not much in those critical four games with Indiana, ND, OK, and OSU.

Last edited:
I thought about mentioning that factor as well but she did not exactly shine in those games without Rickea, where she played more in that power forward slot. She had big games against Troy and Memphis but not much in those critical four games with Indiana, ND, OK, and OSU.
Looking back at it now I just think it was health, so being healthy this coming season we should see her at her full potential.

I had forgotten about Jillian's AA honor! And if we add a Ruby this weekend to go along with our Jewel, we will have 3 McDonald's All Americans (not to mislead that Jewel is our other one - Cooper is).

Fun Fact: Cooper was one of the best players in the McDonald AA game, having 15 points and making 3 three pointers.

Last edited:
That may be a new development. Gives credence to the idea that she was not a 100% during the season or else NIL $ is truly motivating...
She was also injured, shoulder injury and concussion. She also had an NIL deal last year. I'd say injury is why she didn't move ad well last year. Her shoulder was wrapped the entire year.

Iā€™m so sorry, yā€™all, but Jillianā€™s dunk had to be the most exciting piece of news to me this offseason. I would love to see her be the star of the show next season šŸŒŸ
Cora Hall just announced on KnoxNews that UConn will play the Lady Vols in Knoxville during the 2024-25 season. Geno told her so after Maya Moore's induction in the Women's Hall Of Fame.

I havenā€™t seen much talk about this hire out of WVU, but tbh, after watching how WVU played this past season I think it might be a big hireā€¦SIAP

He worked alongside Caldwell at Glenville State, serving as director of strength and conditioning from 2018-20 and assistant athletic director from 2019-20.

Not surprised Jill can dunk; she's 6'5" she should be able to. I'm sure quite a few WBB players can dunk, we know Watkins can and does. It is good to see Jill apparently healthy and it's good to see any of our post players have actual hops. The last couple of years we didn't have any posts who you could slide a sheet of paper btw their feet and the floor. Said alot that JP was our best leaper.

Most of all, I hope this is some renewed confidence for Jill. Obviously she wasn't 100% healthy last season but her head seemed to be more of a problem. She didn't seem to understand the assignment and was painfully hesitant with the ball. Great if this signifies a renewal for Jill, would love to see her have a season she can leave feeling good about.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back