Tennessee Lady Vol News

Not surprised Jill can dunk; she's 6'5" she should be able to. I'm sure quite a few WBB players can dunk, we know Watkins can and does. It is good to see Jill apparently healthy and it's good to see any of our post players have actual hops. The last couple of years we didn't have any posts who you could slide a sheet of paper btw their feet and the floor. Said alot that JP was our best leaper.

Most of all, I hope this is some renewed confidence for Jill. Obviously she wasn't 100% healthy last season but her head seemed to be more of a problem. She didn't seem to understand the assignment and was painfully hesitant with the ball. Great if this signifies a renewal for Jill, would love to see her have a season she can leave feeling good about.
When you’re injured you’re confidence takes a hit, because u just can’t make the moves you know you’re capable of, you’re mind knows what to do but the the body can’t react.

Last edited:
First, we clearly did not see Jillian at her full potential this season-shoulder, concussion and who know what else limited her.

But, playing her as a back to the back post-up player is also clearly not the best use of her talents. She is 6'5 but she does not have a bang in the post body. She is better suited to doing what we saw in the dunk video. Attacking the rim, where she can use her quickness against other posts.

At the risk of re-visiting the past, I am sure the prior staff knew this as well but circumstances dictated using Jillian in this less than ideal manner. As long as Kellie kept running that old school high-low offensive scheme, someone had to play in that slot when Key was not available. Jillian and Karo took one for the team.

CKC's more open offense schemes should allow Jillian to play freer and better utilize her skills.
The previous staff didn't want to really use her at the 5 but had to with the condition TK had. They always referenced her being a 4 but sometimes a player has to play a new position to help out the team. I think everyone can agree she's not a true 5, but at least she has some experience there now.

The previous staff didn't want to really use her at the 5 but had to with the condition TK had. They always referenced her being a 4 but sometimes a player has to play a new position to help out the team. I think everyone can agree she's not a true 5, but at least she has some experience there now.

Well she’s probably going to see a lot of time at the 5 still. I think we’ll see more 5 out style dribble drive or 4 out with a high post. So the 5 player will be used more like a PF/Stretch 4. If Jill and Spearman can both pick and pop or pick and roll it opens up a lot of options for us.

Kaniya practicing!! Interesting Orange/Grey distribution

This is so important and such a great idea to have the LVFLs in and publicize it. Every link to LV tradition is important to maintain right now that we are kind of officially at the end of the Pat era. We very much needed to move forward but it's still hard for alot of folks. I don't want to see the program be "afraid" of its own tradition, afraid they'll be sucked back into "blue hairs", etc. This is very wise and reflects very well on the new staff. Good job!

This is so important and such a great idea to have the LVFLs in and publicize it. Every link to LV tradition is important to maintain right now that we are kind of officially at the end of the Pat era. We very much needed to move forward but it's still hard for alot of folks. I don't want to see the program be "afraid" of its own tradition, afraid they'll be sucked back into "blue hairs", etc. This is very wise and reflects very well on the new staff. Good job!
Seems like all the recruits haven’t been wearing the real jersey either.. Wonder if that stays..

Okay am I just blind!?! I see the assistant coaches but where is KC?? I know every family has the designated picture taker but surely she’s not on her phone going “on three…”!

Top left next to her mom (that might not be her mom, idk) on the far left

Or wait who is KC?

Kim Caldwell, right?

Last edited:
Top left next to her mom on the far left

Or wait who is KC?

Kim Caldwell, right?
Yes, Kim. Is that her in the blue hoodie? I’m sure you are correct but that does not look like her to me at all. I thought she was blonde? I guess the answer is yes I’m blind.

Yes, Kim. Is that her in the blue hoodie? I’m sure you are correct but that does not look like her to me at all. I thought she was blonde? I guess the answer is yes I’m blind.

At the risk of devolving into hair color, to me, her hair is a dirty Ashe blond, it will look lighter or darker depending on how you style it. Pulled up it looks darker underneath. She has some highlights going on that are more visible when it’s down.

I have a similar hair color and even without being color treated it’s surprising to me how much it changes with even just a little sun exposure. If I’m out and about a lot by August I’m very light.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Well, this is potentially huge news:

At the risk of devolving into hair color, to me, her hair is a dirty Ashe blond, it will look lighter or darker depending on how you style it. Pulled up it looks darker underneath. She has some highlights going on that are more visible when it’s down.

I have a similar hair color and even without being color treated it’s surprising to me how much it changes with even just a little sun exposure. If I’m out and about a lot by August I’m very light.
So what you’re saying is she’s about ten days overdue at the salon. I understand!!!😂😂😂

Speak of the devil…

If we’re gonna treat it like a business the athletes, outside of football, may not like that.

In business if you take a loss, you don’t get paid. So under that framework, unless you are generating positive revenue idk why or how you would be paid.

Wouldn’t be fair to take money earned by football and pay others with it whose program are a suck on the system.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
If we’re gonna treat it like a business the athletes, outside of football, may not like that.

In business if you take a loss, you don’t get paid. So under that framework, unless you are generating positive revenue idk why or how you would be paid.

Wouldn’t be fair to take money earned by football and pay others with it whose program are a suck on the system.
GUESS You are not familiar with the entire AMATEUR ATHLETICS concept. It is just being corrupted by the need to pay the top 2-3% wanting to play along side the rest. Wanna be fair, let them get their money they earn using facilities of the school but have to pay their own tuition, medical, room and board, etc. pro model vs amateur model. Pick one.

GUESS You are not familiar with the entire AMATEUR ATHLETICS concept. It is just being corrupted by the need to pay the top 2-3% wanting to play along side the rest. Wanna be fair, let them get their money they earn using facilities of the school but have to pay their own tuition, medical, room and board, etc. pro model vs amateur model. Pick one.

If you really get down to it, free tuition is just another form of (nontaxable) compensation.

VN Store

Back