Heupels "Micky Mouse offense:

I'm just saying the perception is still out there amongst some NFL people.
I get what you're saying, I'm saying they have to take into account that it's not a 1 back system. If anything that should benefit RB's from Tennessee because they don't have the mileage. That position in general doesn't really matter what system u come from, either u can tote the ball or you can't.

JMHO But creating mismatches is what an offense is supposed to do and the pace helps by limiting the subs for the defense..When CJH gets the personnel on the field that is a great matchup against the defense they're facing, that's great awareness..Not "Mickey Mouse" offense just great preparation and great coaching..Anybody who can't see that shouldn't be an analyst..Period..

Reactions: J C Higgins
I’ll tell everyone how “Mickey Mouse” Heupel’s offense is. He scored 72 pts in 6 Qtrs against one of the greatest defensive coaches in CFB history with far inferior talent.

I’ll tell everyone how “Mickey Mouse” Heupel’s offense is. He scored 72 pts in 6 Qtrs against one of the greatest defensive coaches in CFB history with far inferior talent.
Who cares what so called analysis layabout our offense? When one can continue to win games with less talent than the teams we play, that must be better coaching by our coaches. Back in the past, the T formation was a gimmick and the triple option was a gimmick. Any new wrinkle on offense or defense is a gimmick until coaches finger out who to stop it. When that happens, another new offense will emerge and become the new gimmick. When any offense puts 52 points on a Saban defense, it must be a pretty good offense. Our offense requires skilled players at certain positions and that and coaching is what makes our offense effective. We saw last year, what our offense can not do with out the skilled players on Bothe sides of the ball.

Reactions: J C Higgins
Who cares what so called analysis layabout our offense? When one can continue to win games with less talent than the teams we play, that must be better coaching by our coaches. Back in the past, the T formation was a gimmick and the triple option was a gimmick. Any new wrinkle on offense or defense is a gimmick until coaches finger out who to stop it. When that happens, another new offense will emerge and become the new gimmick. When any offense puts 52 points on a Saban defense, it must be a pretty good offense. Our offense requires skilled players at certain positions and that and coaching is what makes our offense effective.
OR.....MAYBE

Their DL has been better than our OL the last 2 years and last year we were limited in what we could do because of our QB.

Who cares what so called analysis layabout our offense? When one can continue to win games with less talent than the teams we play, that must be better coaching by our coaches. Back in the past, the T formation was a gimmick and the triple option was a gimmick. Any new wrinkle on offense or defense is a gimmick until coaches finger out who to stop it. When that happens, another new offense will emerge and become the new gimmick. When any offense puts 52 points on a Saban defense, it must be a pretty good offense. Our offense requires skilled players at certain positions and that and coaching is what makes our offense effective.

OR.....MAYBE

Their DL has been better than our OL the last 2 years and last year we were limited in what we could do because of our QB.
Alabama's defensive line, on paper, was better than our offensive line when we put 52 on them. We had the skilled players and coaching to beat them. Last year, our skilled offensive players were just not as talented as they were the year before, especially at the two most important positions, QB and WRS.

Last edited:
Re: Who cares what so called analysis layabout our offense? When one can continue to win games with less talent than the teams we play, that must be better coaching by our coaches.

Exactly what a great coach does. He produces the most from the player talent with which he has to work.

Last edited:
OR.....MAYBE

The only difference between us and UGA is 5-6 years worth of recruiting classes. Its not their "NFL" style offense/defense. Its literally a difference in talent. Since Kirby took over in December of 2015 UGA has recruited off the charts. Tennessee on the other hand went through 2 coaching changes, 2 NCAA investigations, and dozens of transfers. Since 2016 UGA has recruited (according to 247) 47 (3*) , 139 (4*) , and 41 (5*) . Many of those 5* kids were #1 and #2 at their position coming out of HS. Tennessee on the other hand, 112 (3*) , 84 (4*) , and 6 (5*) . I know some of you are on the "stars dont matter train" and i get that, i understand that, but results have spoken for themselves. Since Kirby took over UGA has won the East 6 times and won the SEC twice, UGA has also won 2 of 3 national titles it has been in. They can call our offense (Gimmicky) all they want. You put the same talent on the field, we hang 50 on them just like LSU did. Until the talent gap is closer, UGA will continue to beat us like a drum.

Honestly it is hard to watch this offense when it is really cooking and call it Mickey Mouse. The entire point of the game is to out scheme the other team. If you continually have guys running free in the secondary then you are obviously able to out scheme the defense. Can't say that I don't see how it wouldn't translate well into the NFL outside of the tempo.

I mean they’re not wrong on skewing numbers. Wide splits are going to force DBs out further away from helping with the run. RBs are going to have better numbers and get less abuse. Traditional offense will make it much easier on the safety and corners to help in run support and beat the hell out of the running back. I guess if that’s a kids jam in recruiting.
My guess is that for the reasons you mentioned, this offense or versions of it will become conventional in the next decade. The wife splits make life difficult for the back end of a defense.

The only difference between us and UGA is 5-6 years worth of recruiting classes. Its not their "NFL" style offense/defense. Its literally a difference in talent. Since Kirby took over in December of 2015 UGA has recruited off the charts. Tennessee on the other hand went through 2 coaching changes, 2 NCAA investigations, and dozens of transfers. Since 2016 UGA has recruited (according to 247) 47 (3*) , 139 (4*) , and 41 (5*) . Many of those 5* kids were #1 and #2 at their position coming out of HS. Tennessee on the other hand, 112 (3*) , 84 (4*) , and 6 (5*) . I know some of you are on the "stars dont matter train" and i get that, i understand that, but results have spoken for themselves. Since Kirby took over UGA has won the East 6 times and won the SEC twice, UGA has also won 2 of 3 national titles it has been in. They can call our offense (Gimmicky) all they want. You put the same talent on the field, we hang 50 on them just like LSU did. Until the talent gap is closer, UGA will continue to beat us like a drum.
I don't know if you realize but we're saying the same thing. I'll say stars aren't an end-all-be-all, but they are a decent indicator.

I don't know if you realize but we're saying the same thing. I'll say stars aren't an end-all-be-all, but they are a decent indicator.
Right, i mean we can bring up the 2022 Alabama game. They had wayyyy more talent than us, and still lost.

I Googled "Josh Norris" and I did not find anything resembling a football coach, writer or media credentialed person. I did find a Hockey Player. Was that him? Should I narrow my search to Disney? Maybe the "Mickey Mouse Club"?

When Jaylen Wright was annouced as the Dolphins pick, the guys on NFL network did make it sound like playing in Heupel's offense was a negative. Nothing bad was said about Wright, but they made it sound like playing in that offense can skew his number's to look better than if he was playing in a more conventional offense.
Isn’t that the fault of coaches who slavishly commit to playing in conventional offenses?

OR.....MAYBE

OR............ they have better athletes. Milton has nothing to do with why they were able to stop our run game. It was more about them having better athletes (especially at LB) and Smart had a good scheme to stop Heupel's rushing attack.

VN Store

Back