Samara Spencer to Tennessee!

It’s really not any point in complicating the facts. CKC is bringing a winning system to a storied basketball program in Tennessee. If not CKC it would’ve eventually been someone else but I guess people are questioning the system because it’s associated with CKC & not vice versa.
Before getting the obvious this system won’t work… so on so forth.. this system has been around a very long time on this level before CKC adopted it into her former programs.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Well here I am again, the MARSHALL Alumnus. I continue to be intrigued by those who are debating whether Coach Caldwell will actually apply her brand of basketball for the Lady Vols. Fear not, my friends. She will do it much more than any of you can imagine. All she has needed is the players who can implement it. She is going to press the hell out of her opponents. And if her players can hit their threes, she will win championships. As I said before elsewhere, her teams will get turnovers, steals, and more offensive rebounds than you can imagine. If a player misses a shot or two, Caldwell will insist that she keep shooting. Caldwell really does not care whether her players hit or miss, she will stay with them throughout the game. And she will substitute between 9, 10, or 12 players each game. But above all, she will insist that they are relentless in playing defense. She requires speed, quickness, determination in rebounding, and three point shooting ability. And if other teams attempt to guard the three-point line, she will have her players drive the ball into the lane for layups as plan B. And trust me, those lane shots will be WIDE OPEN. There is a lot more to be said about KIM CALDWELL, but the one thing you will never have to worry about is the opposition. Once she gets her players she and them, will fear no one.

It will sink in after they see the kick ass results......Make room in the trophy case.

If Wynn and Strickland make the top ten their minutes from last season will increase, likely dramatically, based upon your coaches past methods. I think both of those players, due to their athleticism, will be in that top ten.
Me too I’ve seen enough to think they are pretty big pieces for CKCs system

I had originally put out a “way too early SEC order” for next season a few weeks ago that looked something like this:
SC
TX
LSU
OK
OM
Bama
UT/Aub/KY
the rest

I would be more inclined today to do it this way:
SC
TX
LSU
OK
UT
OM
Bama/Aub/Ky
the rest…

Im starting to believe UT will be better than OM and the others below OM now. They could overtake OK, we need to see how the rest of the portal season shakes out. Would not surprise me if UT, which has 3 more spots to offer lands one or two other good ones that fit their style. There is momentum, it’s possible. Either way, it is going to be a helluva lot of fun watching this new coach and her system in year one. At the very least, I expect to see a team from UT that nobody looks fwd to playing, the games will be 40 minutes of intense effort and not every team is ready for that nightly.
OM recruiting class is very coach Yo but will be interesting to see how much use and help those new additions will be

No big get from her imo

Reactions: Rooster1
OM recruiting class is very coach Yo but will be interesting to see how much use and help those new additions will be

No big get from her imo
Coach Yo recently stooped, imo, to begging for players on SM to look at OM, I think she has hit her ceiling btw. I’m not saying they will take a big fall from here, but they will fall behind the two new entrants to the SEC and it just feels like some of the air is leaking from their ballon now. She seems like the type of coach that eventually their message (method) starts to wear thin at some point. Maybe it’s just me, I’m on record stating I’m not the biggest fan, and still cannot put a finger on why.

Coach Yo recently stooped, imo, to begging for players on SM to look at OM, I think she has hit her ceiling btw. I’m not saying they will take a big fall from here, but they will fall behind the two new entrants to the SEC and it just feels like some of the air is leaking from their ballon now.
Yeah I’ve noticed that too. They had some huge losses too like Rita who isn’t talked about enough in the paint.

I agree they will be competitive but I’ve listened to her talks and she and I just see basketball/college so different

Reactions: Rooster1
Well here I am again, the MARSHALL Alumnus. I continue to be intrigued by those who are debating whether Coach Caldwell will actually apply her brand of basketball for the Lady Vols. Fear not, my friends. She will do it much more than any of you can imagine. All she has needed is the players who can implement it. She is going to press the hell out of her opponents. And if her players can hit their threes, she will win championships. As I said before elsewhere, her teams will get turnovers, steals, and more offensive rebounds than you can imagine. If a player misses a shot or two, Caldwell will insist that she keep shooting. Caldwell really does not care whether her players hit or miss, she will stay with them throughout the game. And she will substitute between 9, 10, or 12 players each game. But above all, she will insist that they are relentless in playing defense. She requires speed, quickness, determination in rebounding, and three point shooting ability. And if other teams attempt to guard the three-point line, she will have her players drive the ball into the lane for layups as plan B. And trust me, those lane shots will be WIDE OPEN. There is a lot more to be said about KIM CALDWELL, but the one thing you will never have to worry about is the opposition. Once she gets her players she and them, will fear no one.
Thank you. Excellent!

Reactions: knoxvol52
If Wynn and Strickland make the top ten their minutes from last season will increase, likely dramatically, based upon your coaches past methods. I think both of those players, due to their athleticism, will be in that top ten.
Strickland would have played more had it not been for two concussions. She could have stolen Tess' minutes imo. Ace directly told me it was hard coming back from two concussions and you def can't take a chance with head injuries

Back to the thread, looking at some Samara Spencer game film over the last two season this is an outstanding addition to the current roster that is shaping up very strongly.

Tennessee gets one of the best PGs from right in the SEC. Spencer is a very skilled guard. Strong presence as a leader. She will be a candidate from SEC POY and All-SEC.

I will post some takeaways from the games I watch today!

Lets gooooooo!
GBO🍊!

what you see is someone who calls it as they see it. I wasn't a fan of CKH either, and said similar things about her when she was hired, and said those things until she was fired. with regard to what I mean, Caldwell gets a few decent 4star rated players and some believe the program has suddenly been resuscitated. CKH got a few 4star rated players to commit to the LVs and some raved about it. The outcome will be the same...not enough to make the LVs a contender in either the SEC or on the national stage - PERIOD!!! and NOPE, I'm not buying "oh she's been here for a month." the result will be the same after months, years even...no name recognition, no results where the top players will say this is a program that I want to be a part of. what's so compelling about Caldwell that she'll start appealing to top high school recruits? NOTHING! not personal, just my non-apologetic take on things. I can respect your right to have your opinion, but really don't care much about it. 😁
Well damn

Reactions: Orange. and Lucy
Back to the thread, looking at some Samara Spencer game film over the last two season this is an outstanding addition to the current roster that is shaping up very strongly.

Tennessee gets one of the best PGs from right in the SEC. Spencer is a very skilled guard. Strong presence as a leader. She will be a candidate from SEC POY and All-SEC.

Lets gooooooo!
GBO🍊!
This is a Coach Lazo get

I'm just old and stuck in my ways and probably a little dumb. And honestly not trying to be Mr Neg. But the underlying philosophy of scrambling your ass off to create extra possesions because you shoot alot but not well just doesn't make sense. Pretzel logic. Just work for, take, and hit good shots.

Again, as we've both said 100 times, it will settle into a modified version hopefully w better D and a better paced, spread floor O. In fact, what I watched of Marshall's half court O against Wake Forest was very impressive, lots of movement, lots of cutting, the things we've been begging for. But also had god awful shooting. Back around the loop to my big fear . . .
Yes, she has three years of experience in the SEC. That is invaluable, she brings a scout with her which is always helpful.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Lets gooooooo!
GBO🍊!
Where is the other commit you said was going to announce any moment yesterday? 🤔

LOL, that's a lot of excitement for someone who swears they're off the bus at regular intervals. I trust your judgment, so please talk me off the meh ledge about this. Don't we now have about half a dozen identical players, all with the same challenges?
Don’t go too far on the ledge. I believe that this new coaching staff has a game plan that we need to see in action before going too far out on the ledge. I also think there are at least two more portal players headed our way. Just trust and hang in there.

VN Store

Back