Interesting take on Cuonzo/Cal from Cal site

The numbers don't bear that out. We had the 19th most efficient offense in the country. Not for one game. For the whole season. That's why we never got run out of the gym, except for one game. We lost close ones and generally won big. That we lost so many close ones points to some bad luck, like both T&AM games.

Cant agree with your "bad luck" theory. We were and have been for thepast three years worst team i can remember in the last 5 minutes of a game. If we weren't up with game in hand with 5 minutes to go we most often got beat.

Reactions: 1 person
if they start a petition now and by the time the season starts, then they might have a chance.

I hate to break this to you but the IQ of average students/fans at Cal is too high to waste their time on dumb petitions. We have way more morons in our UT fanbase right now (at least 36,000 certified via recent Pearl petiiton) than they have total fans. :crazy:

Last edited:
I hate to brake this to you but the IQ of average students/fans at Cal is too high to waste their time on dumb petitions. We have way more morons in our UT fanbase right now (at least 36,000 certified via recent Pearl petiiton) than they have total fans. :crazy:

It's break...not brake.

Reactions: 4 people
Thanks - I fixed it. Now instead of pretending to be a smart a$$ you can perhaps try to respond to the actual post.

If you want to dog iq's of UT fans while misspelling a word while giving a sarcastic answer, you are going to get called out. Take your medicine, or layoff smartass comments about stupid fans if you can't use the right words.

Reactions: 2 people
If you want to dog iq's of UT fans while misspelling a word while giving a sarcastic answer, you are going to get called out. Take your medicine, or layoff smartass comments about stupid fans if you can't use the right words.

As far as IQ goes, misspelling a word is not as dumb as pushing a petition to bring back a coach we recently fired for NCAA violations. You all know that perfectly well but would rather change the subject by running spell checkers to make yourselves feel less ignorant.

Reactions: 3 people
As far as IQ goes, misspelling a word is not as dumb as pushing a petition to bring back a coach we recently fired for NCAA violations. You all know that perfectly well but would rather change the subject by running spell checkers to make yourselves feel less ignorant.

Bro...you are your own worst enemy.

keep crying. There is a help group here. Maybe you can start a subforum of some sort for misinformed crybabies.

And even after today, I'm still glad Martin is gone. Just wish he would've taken a couple of you with him.

Reactions: 3 people
Why would you say that? Is it just because I decided to spend a little time on Wednesday evening messing with few rednecks on the anonymous bb forum? :)

The fact that you don't know the difference between "break" and "brake", tells me all there is to know about you. Now, you better sign offline, your mom is expecting a phone call.

Last edited:
We are all forgetting, Martin didn't leave on account of the petition, more money, depleted roster, or basketball stuff it was for the good of his family. Besides he is a good guy because he survived cancer or something. To me basketball is entertainment not a religion like football.

They're about to witness the most boring team/coach and the worst in game play calling they've ever seen.. They have no clue what's about to hit them.

Good luck cal bears, hope ur previous coach left Martin with some good recruits like ours did, or it's not gonna be pretty.

You must be insane if you thought ccm was left great players. I know you happy he's gone but don't be delusional.

Its funny to here all of these people say that his coaching style and teams were boring. But if you look at the final 4 all of those teams had grind it out styles. Played great defense and didn't score a lot of points. Plain and simple that style wins ballgames. These wide open style offenses look good but will they take you far in the tournament. I don't think so or every program would be doing it.

Stopped reading when you said "great defense". Zo's teams played great defense for about the last 7 games. There were about 90 games before that in which they played below average defense.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Coach Martin's style may have been boring to some and perhaps he just wasn't the flavor Vol Nation was seeking. But the numbers below were posted recently from another site. Numbers really don't lie.

Martin’s record in three seasons: 63-41 overall, 32-20 in Southeastern Conference play. Martin’s winning percentages: .606 overall, .615 in SEC games. The highlight was this year’s run to the Sweet 16 as a No. 11 seed – a run aided by facing No. 14 Mercer in the round of 32, and nearly ended in the play-in round before an overtime escape against Iowa.

Pearl’s record his last three seasons: 68-37 overall, 29-19 in SEC play. Pearl’s winning percentages: .648 overall, .604 in SEC games. The highlight of those final three years was that run to the Elite Eight as a No. 6 seed – a run also aided by facing a No. 14 seed in the round of 32 (in this case Ohio) and a narrow round-of-64 escape over San Diego State.

I refer to this as the Post-Lofton Pearl years.

Stopped reading when you said "great defense". Zo's teams played great defense for about the last 7 games. There were about 90 games before that in which they played below average defense.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Nope. They played insanely great defense for those last games. They played great defense the rest of the time. Ken Pomeroy puts them at 19th in the country and 2nd in the SEC at defensive efficiency (which is points allowed per 100 possessions, so as to take out pace -- Ken also adjusts for SoS); and sports-reference (which doesn't adjust for SoS) has them second in the SEC as well. And, incidentally, both of them have UT second in the SEC and top 20 in the country in OFFENSIVE efficiency as well (.02 points behind Kentucky for Pomeroy).

Martin decided that, with 10 seconds to go in a Sweet 16 game, our best chance to score was to throw the ball to our center--12-15 feet from the basket--when every other coach in America would have thrown it to one of our two slashers. He had to go.

which fictional character you guys think embodies 'Conzo' the most?

if i had to not put much thought into it, Rip Van Winkle.

Brakin news: Zo gone, move on.

Braking news for you: This has nothing to do with Zo at this point - I know he is gone and have no problem with the new coach - actually kind of like him so far. However morons who pushed the Pearl petition are not gone and it's still too much fun messing with them and watching them trying to somehow rationalize that insanity to move on just yet.

VN Store

Back