Practice Monday 8/18

Moseley seemed to have the inside track until this past week when Williams started getting first team reps. Unclear if it's a motivational thing or if Williams is outplaying him in practice. We shall see...

It would be great if it is a matter of both Mosely and Williams playing great. Would love to see us have some quality depth in the secondary.

Reactions: 2 people
Howard: @ToddKellyJr6 is a mature freshman. He knows the right places to be at the right time.

Howard: Our secondary has more speed, more skill. They are quick on the perimeter.

Howard: The WR corps has more much depth. We have more talent everywhere.

Howard: @UTCoachZA wants to make you a great player. If you take his challenge, he can take you to the next level.

Howard: I see Josh Malone willing to do anything he can do to improve.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
3027260.jpg

3027266.jpg

3027285.jpg

Love the picture of Butch. He just looks so natural in orange, and like a winner.

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe its more about finding 1A and 1B.. They play maybe 8 series a game and splitting 60/40 The same could be said about Sutton, but nobody has been mentioned on that side.

Agreed, in that scenario being named the starter is not a huge deal.

I see what you guys are implying but Cam Sutton is without a doubt our #1 CB. There's no way he splits 60/40 playing time on his side of the ball. He will only come out due to injury or rest. He would have to be playing awful bad in order for another CB to replace him on the field.

Any word on depth charts being released today? Did Butch or any other coach address that after today's practice? Should we expect it later today or when? Thanks!

Hurd: Pass protection is one of the most important things in college football. @UTCoachG talks about being a protector.

Hurd: I have grown closer to my team. The offense is really clicking. We pride ourselves on tempo.

Hurd: I love the fans. I love how they support the team. It's amazing the support they give. I love how the fans love the team.

Hurd: We have a great chemistry between the linemen and the running backs. We are together as a unit.

Hurd: It's amazing what @UTCoachLawson and the strength program do. They push us really hard and I'm thankful for that.

Hurd: The defense has been outstanding. They push us every day with different schemes and looks everyday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Robertson: Marcus Jackson has really helped me a lot. I just focus on one thing everyday. The coaches tell me I have an opportunity to help.

Robertson: offensive line is tough, I have work on technical aspects so it becomes more natural.

Robertson: Coach Jones felt I could help the team more on the offensive line. All of my brothers in the room have helped me and pushed me.Robertson: I want to make my family proud. I'm glad to be where I'm at.

Robertson: Wrestling really helped me with leverage. I wrestled from 8th grade until my junior year.

Wow.

They tight.

Reactions: 4 people
Can someone go back and find Butch transcripts from Cinci preseason, year 2? He seems very optimistic and excited to see results from training camp, and I'm just curious to see if there's a similar vibe. Mainly because he turned it around from 4-8 to 10-3. I have to admit that I didn't pay too much attention to Cinci, so I'm just wondering if he's got the same persona.

I see what you guys are implying but Cam Sutton is without a doubt our #1 CB. There's no way he splits 60/40 playing time on his side of the ball. He will only come out due to injury or rest. He would have to be playing awful bad in order for another CB to replace him on the field.

I'm talking about the CB opposite Cam. It could be a 60/40 deal with Moseley and Williams.

Reactions: 1 person
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQ-_qrIoQE[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP-ZujZ68f4[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPc_pAC3LxI[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OqJs_dEhMQ[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BamHeT48R6E[/youtube]

Reactions: 4 people
Quotables from the Vol Football twitter:

Tennessee Football @Vol_Football
JONES: Last practice of training camp. We'll have a team event tonight then take two days off to get academics in order.

JONES: We have to stop the run, first and foremost.

JONES on the o-line: It's about what we expected. It's not about the search, it's about depth.

JONES: Some will be ready game 4 or 5, some will be ready for Utah St. But I'm encouraged with the development I see.

Robertson: Marcus Jackson has really helped me a lot. I just focus on one thing everyday. The coaches tell me I have an opportunity to help.

Robertson: offensive line is tough, I have work on technical aspects so it becomes more natural.

Robertson: Wrestling really helped me with leverage. I wrestled from 8th grade until my junior year.

Howard: @ToddKellyJr6 is a mature freshman. He knows the right places to be at the right time.

Howard: @UTCoachZA wants to make you a great
player. If you take his challenge, he can take you to the next level.

Howard: I see Josh Malone willing to do anything he can do to improve.

Hurd: Pass protection is one of the most important things in college football.

Hurd: The offense is really clicking. We pride ourselves on tempo.

Hurd: We have a great chemistry between the linemen and the running backs. We are together as a unit.

Hurd: The defense has been outstanding. They push us every day with different schemes and looks everyday.

I expected Michael Williams to make a move this season. He was a scholarship player at Maryland he can really play. Were probably gonna see him get a couple pass interference calls he really pressures WR's expect he will get a few Int's as well.

VN Store

Back