Practice Monday 8/18

Of all the things Butch said I definitely liked his comment about the improved team speed the best. I don't know how many times in the last few years that we just couldn't keep up with opposing offenses.

Reactions: 1 person
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxjCImJu2bk[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrktjrADy5M[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPaXcQSalw4[/youtube]

BvWAz7fIQAAL0Sm.jpg

A Big Move Pays Off For Robertson - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

This is not from practice today, it's from the thread about Butch granting a wish from Ray Guthrie's bucket list. Anyway, looks like he has gained quite a bit of good weight. Hope he is healthy all year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I echo the thanks for all the practice updates. I also will say that this is the first season that there seems to be tangible improvement in fall camp in a long time. Some of that likely has to do with the talent level being much higher, but it's still very good to see it.

It will be a tough season, but I am optimistic that we will be able to watch the team get better. Haven't been able to say that for a while.

Of all the things Butch said I definitely liked his comment about the improved team speed the best. I don't know how many times in the last few years that we just couldn't keep up with opposing offenses.

2010-2013 were painful years, as far as speed is concerned. Watching Trey Burton outrun our secondary in 2012 was enough for me to stomach.

Reactions: 2 people
Love the picture of Butch. He just looks so natural in orange, and like a winner.

Obviously off subject, but I would look natural in one of those pull-overs he is wearing. All the good stuff seems to be "team only". Adidas has really corny fan gear. Anything that looks good, we can't get. Hope Nike changes that..

Reactions: 4 people
Obviously off subject, but I would look natural in one of those pull-overs he is wearing. All the good stuff seems to be "team only". Adidas has really corny fan gear. Anything that looks good, we can't get. Hope Nike changes that..

Hope recruits get the good stuff....:)

How long ago did Butch shift Jashon Robertson over to OL? I know he's got HS experience, but that's impressive to pick things up that quickly.

This is GREAT news to hear! The braces they where certainly could have saved his knee in this case. Really happy for Trevarris! :good!:

Rocky Top Insider@rockytopinsider 4m
Trevarris Saulsberry's injury isn't serious, Jones said. Could be a few days or a week, but Jones said it's not a season-ending deal.

:rock: great news!

How long ago did Butch shift Jashon Robertson over to OL? I know he's got HS experience, but that's impressive to pick things up that quickly.

About a week and a half ago.
He's a a smart young man from MBA Nashville. He will be a great Vol!'

Did I read that Sauksberry did NOT have any kind of brace on his leg? If so then that could be good news. May be just a bad sprain.

"DT Trevarris Saulsberry, who was injured in the open practice Saturday night, watched practice with crutches, but with no visible brace or cast on."

To say this is good news is the understatement of the week. We are going to need him this season.

Robertson: Marcus Jackson has really helped me a lot. I just focus on one thing everyday. The coaches tell me I have an opportunity to help.

Robertson: offensive line is tough, I have work on technical aspects so it becomes more natural.

Robertson: Coach Jones felt I could help the team more on the offensive line. All of my brothers in the room have helped me and pushed me.

Robertson: I want to make my family proud. I'm glad to be where I'm at.

Robertson: Wrestling really helped me with leverage. I wrestled from 8th grade until my junior year.

Glad CBJ wasted that gas to go visit Jashon. This is why you don't bad mouth 17 y/o kids going through the recruiting process. You just never know how things are going to turn out.

Reactions: 8 people
Glad CBJ wasted that gas to go visit Jashon. This is why you don't bad mouth 17 y/o kids going through the recruiting process. You just never know how things are going to turn out.

Absolute TRUTH! Wish our fanbase would pay attention to this.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back