Practice Monday 8/18

What's the story behind this?

Butch visited Jashon after he had committed to Vandy, long before signing day. Jashon tweeted that it was a waste of gas, because he would never go to Tennessee. Tweeted anchor down afterwards. Franklin leaves Vandy, Jashon reconsiders his options, and the rest is history. Now, it looks like he might be starting at OG at the place where he said he would never go.

Reactions: 7 people
Watching video reminded me how far we have come since last year. This time last year Max Arnold was in the two deep for safety and played quite a bit. No offense to Arnold. I can't but think the defense will be much better.

Reactions: 1 person
What's the story behind this?

@VandyBound51 Butch jones stopped by to day..wast of gas #anchordown #VandyNation turn up

@VandyBound51 keep living in the past bro y'all have hit #rockybottom

I'm sure Jashon looks back on this and laughs. He is obviously passionate and a hard worker. Glad he is a VOL!!

Reactions: 2 people
Kelly Jr sounds like Michael Jackson

If he's got the footwork to match we should be in good shape at S. Dude could dance for days.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
@VandyBound51 Butch jones stopped by to day..wast of gas #anchordown #VandyNation turn up

I'm sure Jashon looks back on this and laughs. He is obviously passionate and a hard worker. Glad he is a VOL!!

What is amazing is that this former vandy commit is the best lineman we signed! Vandy signed several linemen in the last few years that we could use.

Oh! I thought you were talking about Sutton. You know anything about this: http://www.volnation.com/forum/10440445-post32.html

Really having difficulty reconciling this CB thing with Mathew's supposed comments about our problems at CB. First, we know from last year that Sutton is pretty solid. At least an average CB in the SEC. Also, we know that Moseley came in during the Spring and beat out all the upper classmen. Now we're seeing Williams come in and give Moseley a real run for his money. And, when you have a guy as fast as Williams if he has ANY football skills at all then he is going to probably be pretty proficient, if inexperienced. So, based on these facts I'm having a difficult time reconciling what Mathews said.

Haha good stuff. Makes me proud of our staff. Kid will give his all for this team.

I just wanted to get in a post to check out my first avatar picture. I stole it from a picture above, because I love the expression on Butch's face. How does it look?

Sorry to take up a post in a regular thread that actually provides real information. Thanks for what you do, Fingers, Zasnow and the rest of you addicts

Im going to capture it tommorrow and use it as wallpaper on my computer. And you are right about his expression.....it will keep me in gear!

Robertson: Marcus Jackson has really helped me a lot. I just focus on one thing everyday. The coaches tell me I have an opportunity to help.

Robertson: offensive line is tough, I have work on technical aspects so it becomes more natural.

Robertson: Coach Jones felt I could help the team more on the offensive line. All of my brothers in the room have helped me and pushed me.

Robertson: I want to make my family proud. I'm glad to be where I'm at.

Robertson: Wrestling really helped me with leverage. I wrestled from 8th grade until my junior year.

"I want to make my family proud." Now this is the type of player I like---motor, mind, and family values. I'm pulling for you!!

A big THANKS to Fingers and all who kept us updated on all of the practices and interviews. It really helped pass the time until the season starts. I also really like to see and hear about all of our young players and the team concept coming out of the interviews. It makes it feel like the old Tennessee where everyone was there for each other. GO VOLS!!!

Really having difficulty reconciling this CB thing with Mathew's supposed comments about our problems at CB. First, we know from last year that Sutton is pretty solid. At least an average CB in the SEC. Also, we know that Moseley came in during the Spring and beat out all the upper classmen. Now we're seeing Williams come in and give Moseley a real run for his money. And, when you have a guy as fast as Williams if he has ANY football skills at all then he is going to probably be pretty proficient, if inexperienced. So, based on these facts I'm having a difficult time reconciling what Mathews said.

I think Michael Williams had a scholly and played at Maryland. Transferred to UT on a track scholly, and is considered a "walk-on" for football. AFAIK, he has played a lot of football and is smoking fast. Coaches have not said he is 1st team, but we only know that he has been getting 1st team practice reps for a few days now. Peterman got those a day or two and VN had anointed him the starter a week or two ago.

Correct as needed.

Cam is definitely not "just average" but i know what youre saying. I think Corner will be a pleasant surprise.

Thanks, Fingers et al, for the updates. I'm trying not to peak too early. Good stuff.

Thanks to all you guys for the updates and the pictures. This old man really enjoys seeing and reading about our vols.

I think Michael Williams had a scholly and played at Maryland. Transferred to UT on a track scholly, and is considered a "walk-on" for football. AFAIK, he has played a lot of football and is smoking fast. Coaches have not said he is 1st team, but we only know that he has been getting 1st team practice reps for a few days now. Peterman got those a day or two and VN had anointed him the starter a week or two ago.

Correct as needed.

Michael Williams signed with Maryland in 2011 but ask out of his letter of intent shortly afterwards. He never actually played or even practiced there. MW hasn't played in a game since his senior year in high school 2010.

VN Store

Back