Practice Monday 8/18

Michael Williams signed with Maryland in 2011 but ask out of his letter of intent shortly afterwards. He never actually played or even practiced there. MW hasn't played in a game since his senior year in high school 2010.

Does this mean we have a FAST and MATURE CB with 4 years of eligibility that is not taking up a scholarship?
It doesn't get any better than this!!!

Attachments

• will-ferrell-old-milwaukee.jpg
    will-ferrell-old-milwaukee.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 313
Reactions: 1 person
Does this mean we have a FAST and MATURE CB with 4 years of eligibility that is not taking up a scholarship?

Plus he just has one of those SportsCenter names. :matrix:

Yes almost....I think he's a Sophomore in football even though he has ran track here for 3 years already.

End of training camp and you can see improvement all across the team. Just watching the weave, you can tell players were feeling good and having fun. The drills looked better yesterday than at the beginning of camp as well. Plus, we only had 1 major injury and just a few that kept players out of practice but not the season. Last but not least, no other sort of drama since that party in the Spring. I'd say this is as good a start to a season as we've seen in several years. Let's hope it translates on the field 2 Sundays from now.

End of training camp and you can see improvement all across the team. Just watching the weave, you can tell players were feeling good and having fun. The drills looked better yesterday than at the beginning of camp as well. Plus, we only had 1 major injury and just a few that kept players out of practice but not the season. Last but not least, no other sort of drama since that party in the Spring. I'd say this is as good a start to a season as we've seen in several years. Let's hope it translates on the field 2 Sundays from now.

I completely forgot about that!

No depth charts released yet guys? I thought today might be the day.

I wonder why no one is going nuts over the security of North's starting slot yet? I mean if he were the starter then surely Jones would have announced it by now. The fact that he has not announced it must mean that North can't get the job done and all of UT's WR's "suck", right?

AJ and Randolph haven't been announced as starters either have they? Oh my. UT is in big trouble. No one seems to be able to win their job.... except Worley.

<sarcasm>

Reactions: 2 people
I wonder why no one is going nuts over the security of North's starting slot yet? I mean if he were the starter then surely Jones would have announced it by now. The fact that he has not announced it must mean that North can't get the job done and all of UT's WR's "suck", right?

AJ and Randolph haven't been announced as starters either have they? Oh my. UT is in big trouble. No one seems to be able to win their job.... except Worley.

<sarcasm>

You forgot Smokey. I heard he hasn't been "bringing it" to practace like Butch wants.

I think Michael Williams had a scholly and played at Maryland. Transferred to UT on a track scholly, and is considered a "walk-on" for football. AFAIK, he has played a lot of football and is smoking fast. Coaches have not said he is 1st team, but we only know that he has been getting 1st team practice reps for a few days now. Peterman got those a day or two and VN had anointed him the starter a week or two ago.

Correct as needed.

I thought there was a rule (often referred to as the Bear Bryant rule) where if you are a 2 sport scholarship athlete, then you count against football for any scholarship monies you receive?

butch visited jashon after he had committed to vandy, long before signing day. Jashon tweeted that it was a waste of gas, because he would never go to tennessee. Tweeted anchor down afterwards. Franklin leaves vandy, jashon reconsiders his options, and the rest is history. Now, it looks like he might be starting at og at the place where he said he would never go.

love this action.... Gbo

And he's getting 1st team reps at CB?? :huh:

Keep in mind Michael Williams was a 3-star recruit out of high school, and was actually recruited by James Franklin (who was OC at Maryland). He's a walk-on because he transferred. His rating on Rivals was 5.5 (Cam's was 5.6).

Keep in mind Michael Williams was a 3-star recruit out of high school, and was actually recruited by James Franklin (who was OC at Maryland). He's a walk-on because he transferred. His rating on Rivals was 5.5 (Cam's was 5.6).

Your avatar... I seent what you might be doing there

<sarcasm>

C'mone! The only 2 official starting spots announced thus far has been Worley & now Jashon. The WR competition has been a fierce battle just like many other starting positions. What you're implying doesn't mean anything about the WR'S.

We already know deep down that certain starting spots are locks like AJ, Cam,& Randolph. You could say the same for North as well. He's without a doubt our top WR at this time. Who could argue that?

Now, the other WR slots are wide open but it doesn't matter because all of them will see the field in a rotation pattern unless injury or some other unforeseen circumstances. That's one position for sure that we have real depth in terms of talent & skillset. Experience though in this position is a different story.

Other than North, Josh Smith,& Croom we are lacking in experience from the WR position. Jacob Carter has experience too but it seems he has faded out of the depth chart chat except for special teams now. We'll see soon enough on the depth charts but I hope it's sooner rather than later that Butch gets these out.

C'mone! The only 2 official starting spots announced thus far has been Worley & now Jashon. The WR competition has been a fierce battle just like many other starting positions. What you're implying doesn't mean anything about the WR'S.

We already know deep down that certain starting spots are locks like AJ, Cam,& Randolph. You could say the same for North as well. He's without a doubt our top WR at this time. Who could argue that?
It was sarcasm. We had guys around here having an absolute cow over the QB battle. Some were sure that Jones must not think much of Worley if he had not already named him the starter. Others were sure that they all "suck" since Jones had not announced a starter.

Others picked "their guy"... either Dobbs or Ferguson or very late Peterman... and bristled when folks like me pointed out that Worley was getting the vast majority of the starter's reps meaning he was probably the starter...

Sorry you missed the sarcasm and welcome to the forum.

Now, the other WR slots are wide open but it doesn't matter because all of them will see the field in a rotation pattern unless injury or some other unforeseen circumstances. That's one position for sure that we have real depth in terms of talent & skillset. Experience though in this position is a different story.

Other than North, Josh Smith,& Croom we are lacking in experience from the WR position. Jacob Carter has experience too but it seems he has faded out of the depth chart chat except for special teams now. We'll see soon enough on the depth charts but I hope it's sooner rather than later that Butch gets these out.

Pig Howard

It was sarcasm. We had guys around here having an absolute cow over the QB battle. Some were sure that Jones must not think much of Worley if he had not already named him the starter. Others were sure that they all "suck" since Jones had not announced a starter.

Others picked "their guy"... either Dobbs or Ferguson or very late Peterman... and bristled when folks like me pointed out that Worley was getting the vast majority of the starter's reps meaning he was probably the starter...

Sorry you missed the sarcasm and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forums? :loco: I've been a member here for over 5 1/2 years bud! Sorry I didn't look at it as sarcasm!

Uh oh. The 'bud' gauntlet has been thrown down.

I consider any fellow Vol fan a bud of mine! Doesn't matter if I agree with their viewpoint or not. We're all VFL's! :)

On a side note:

Any new word on the releasing of the depth charts? Has to come soon & I was hoping this week.

VN Store

Back