Is Utah State really that good???

I doubt you guys score any TD's from rushing... but you will score on your DB's.... that's the only questionable spot right now on D.

We will score on our own DB's?

c71853cf5c1a12e7d5cce241a74ff6715c46e5109d9993d57cebb7dc7d8fbd01.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
sorry guys.... just having some fun.

Our D will be tough, but Tennessee seems like a team that get's better as the season goes on...... this will be a good battle.

Our DB's are the questionable spot this year. The snapping was an issue resolved...I think some posters on our board were overreacting to the scrimmage... every practice since then has been good.

Crow sounds delicious!

I cant help but feel more optimistic about this game.

Their average recruiting rankings back to 2011 barely crack the top 100. Mostly 2 star with a few 3 star each class...

What is the last team that beat TN that was that out matched on paper?

I do realize USU has a solid history of over performing and the Jury is somewhat still out with UT.

sorry guys.... just having some fun.

Our D will be tough, but Tennessee seems like a team that get's better as the season goes on...... this will be a good battle.

Our DB's are the questionable spot this year. The snapping was an issue resolved...I think some posters on our board were overreacting to the scrimmage... every practice since then has been good.

Crow sounds delicious!

Not trying to be snarky, seriously. I predict proficient passing and an average of at least 5 yards per carry on the ground. I predict a comfortable victory by 14-20 pts. If I am wrong, then I'll eat the crow. But I suspect not. We just have that much more talent than you. Sorry.

As did Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Auburn, USC.

But we held our own.

Not trying to be snarky here either, but what makes you different than those teams?

But we held our own.

Not trying to be snarky here either, but what makes you different than those teams?

So, your entire team from the past couple of years is returning. The entire team? And the coaching staff? Correct/

Reactions: 3 people

But we held our own.

Look at the similarities instead of the differences and you will find one thing in common: USU lost all of those games.

The score is immaterial. USU will forever be infinitely far from winning any of those games you mentioned, just as all of those teams will be infinitely far from losing those games you mentioned.

Infinity is a long way. In other words, there is no event that will ever change the outcome of your "close" losses at this point.

In fact, even with one "decent" team a year averaged in on your behalf, thus skewing the numbers positive, USU still averages losing to teams built like Kentucky and NC State. Tennessee's average losses come against teams built like Texas A&M and Oregon.

You Sir are no Texas A&M or Oregon.

The idea that top shelf teams play bottom tier teams to the best of their ability is laughable. Many teams go into those sorts of games trying out new things, rotating more players all while trying to keep their playbook vanilla. Sometimes that backfires. I also don't believe that UT will enter this game with that mindset or holding back.

Last edited:
hahaha..... thank you for the correction. This whole time I thought the whiskey I was drinking was some good stuff and made USU like Oregon! But now I have woken up to a heavy and painful hangover that I am just little ol Utah State.

I watched that youtube video of USU summer camp video, looks like the offense is just that QB taking off every other play.. or am I missing something?

hahaha..... thank you for the correction. This whole time I thought the whiskey I was drinking was some good stuff and made USU like Oregon! But now I have woken up to a heavy and painful hangover that I am just little ol Utah State.

Whiskey is the only explanation.

We have some good stuff 'round these parts. Jack and George are friends of mine.

It is notable that USU's best win came against a team that is about 40 spots behind UT's worse loss (looking at recruited talent which is a strong indicator of the quality of team and the predictability of wins). 40 spots is about the difference between Kentucky and Alabama in quality of team, to help you visualize the jump. That is last year. Tennessee's talent has improved, even with the loss of the players to graduation and the draft, and USU's has slipped.

USU could win this game, it just isn't very likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Yep, that's it. You guys have no idea who we are...and that's fine. Let's just wait until 8/31 at 5:00 and get this thing going....

Whoever wins, is drunk and happy. Whoever loses.....is drunk and angry!

But we held our own.

OU is not consistent (see last years games), UW plays in the Big 10, AU under Chizik without Scam Newton was atrocious, Lane Kiffin was at The dumpster fire known as USC.

Yep, that's it. You guys have no idea who we are...and that's fine. Let's just wait until 8/31 at 5:00 and get this thing going....

Oh I have a very good idea of who you are. Unlike the talking heads I don't care about record as a lone indication of quality. Record or stats derived from such would require similar opponents to derive meaningful results.

Ever heard of garbage in, garbage out? That is what is going on here. Teams can be gauged by the quality of player that they recruit. Recruiting players and hoping to coach them up, or making them perform well above expectations is a dream of every coach, it just isn't a way to win many games against teams whose players are, at a baseline, substantially more athletic, big, strong and capable than yours.

I'll say it again, USU can win this game (Appalachian State did beat Michigan, and Georgia Southern did beat Florida), it just isn't very likely.

No need to get angry over losing a game.:)

I watched that youtube video of USU summer camp video, looks like the offense is just that QB taking off every other play.. or am I missing something?

They probably know that's how to beat us. We can't contain a QB to save our lives. Maybe our freshmen can but it's unproven.

They probably know that's how to beat us. We can't contain a QB to save our lives. Maybe our freshmen can but it's unproven.

If Derek Barnett can chase down Devrin Young, he absolutely can contain a QB scrambling on a surgically repaired knee. And if the D-line can knock him down a few times, that offense will start to struggle mightily. See: Shaw, Connor - 2013

If Derek Barnett can chase down Devrin Young, he absolutely can contain a QB scrambling on a surgically repaired knee. And if the D-line can knock him down a few times, that offense will start to struggle mightily. See: Shaw, Connor - 2013

I really really hope you're right, we'll see.

I find it rather ignorant for USU fans to come on here and be chaffed by UT fans feeling we are favored and should be favored.

Sure either team could snag a win. If USU wins they have significantly overachieved And UT's players and coaches have underachieved. That's it... To me those are undeniable facts

You are spot on bud

VN Store

Back