The Official Tennessee @ #12 Georgia Game Thread, 12:00pm ET, ESPN

The way I see it everyone is upset because this team is better than what most thought they would be in the off season, but we just aren't good enough yet to win these games, we are in them though and it is frustrating. So now we have to rant and complain even though at the beginning of the season most of you said 5-7 or 6-6 would be realistic.

IT STILL IS! :crazy:

GBO!

One of two.

The goal line fumble was the death blow. The other was bad, but didn't give them the go ahead score. Had Hurd kept control (and I'm not blaming the kid) it would have been a safety instead.

So really, one fumble was the game.

Bad OL backed up at the 1 yd line is not good.. The special teams the field position game killed us..

Ok was much improved but yeah not getting blocks farther down the field in our own EZ was bad, with the way Worley and our receivers were playing, field position wasn't a problem but one series the one when our QB was out.

Look, I'm not a Peterman fan but the kid didn't cost us the game. He was in for about two offensive series in the whole game. He played for a total of about 5 minutes. What about the other 55 minutes of the game that was played? If Tennessee stops #3 we win the game. It didn't happen. Nobody else has stopped him this year either.

Actually, 3 but who's counting.

The goal line fumble was the death blow. The other was bad, but didn't give them the go ahead score. Had Hurd kept control (and I'm not blaming the kid) it would have been a safety instead.

So really, one fumble was the game.

Yeah but it kept us from potentially scoring.

Agreed...after this game. Time to revisit the Torrance Gibson recruitment. Dobbs will be the only returning scholarship QB, IMHO. Don't know what it is with Peterman, and our OL didn't help him any, but there is a HUGE dropoff from Worley to him.

Yeah, it's called Georgia feasting on Peterman with blitzes every play, while the offensive line implodes - and Bajakian not adjusting.

Reactions: 3 people
We're not any closer, until we start winning these games. Last year we actually took George into over time didn't we? How are we any closer?

Because we had a stud loaded O-line. We are much better at our skill positions for sure. Hurd had over 100 yards rushing and Worley had 3 big TD passes and no INTs. We are getting there.

I normally don't post just sit back and read, but imho had Worley not gotten hurt we probably would've won. Play calling hurt us in late 1st and 2nd quarter. Peterman was horrible, and we didn't get some calls that we should have. With all of that we were still in it even after the fumble. Every one can piss and moan and be pissed off but any true fan is going to be. We can play the what if game all we want, but eventually, hopefully soon, things will start falling our direction. With as many true freshmen that we are playing I am extremely proud of this teams fight. They don't give up like we have gotten used to seeing.

I know this is VN and it's to be expected but Peterman is a Vol he took some hard shots out there and got back up. He's not the most talented but he's what we had to work with at the moment. He wasn't intentionally trying to do poorly. How about not having a hatefest on him.

Reactions: 3 people
I know this is VN and it's to be expected but Peterman is a Vol he took some hard shots out there and got back up. He's not the most talented but he's what we has to work with at the moment. He wasn't intentionally trying to do poorly. How about not having a hatefest on him.

I hate calling peterman a vol.

Get a life dude.

LOL. You must be watching different games when they come on. When your running back consistently gets hit 2 yards in the backfield and your QB picks himself up of the ground every play, that it turn PROVES that this O line hasn't been very good...at all....in any game we've played. You can't argue that.

Gurley is a freaking beast. That has got to be the best running back this year. Aside from Bama, we've played our hardest games this year.

VN Store

Back