The Official Tennessee @ #12 Georgia Game Thread, 12:00pm ET, ESPN

Look at what we are putting on the field. It's been explained over and over that they'll look like world beaters one minute and look lost the next. Just relax and enjoy watching them mature and turn in to what we know they are going to be. Improvement is evident every week.

I'm pretty sure we went three and out after both TOs. I understand lack of execution, but no, coach Jake's play calling was overall mediocre today.

This is gonna be a long year for NegaVols! We can win any of the remaining games; 10+ point long shots in a few games (bama) but we can play with anybody.

We will compete for SECe title. If we beat Ole Miss, I say we do it!

There wasn't any quit in this team today. We got screwed on the calls today (Gurley TD, running on fair catch, etc), suffered untimely turnovers, had to deal with a significant injury and our Oline let Peterman down.

Gators enjoy your little streak...it ends on 4 October, 2014! Neyland Goal post coming down!

This is gonna be a long year for NegaVols! We can win any of the remaining games; 10+ point long shots in a few games (bama) but we can play with anybody.

There wasn't any quit in this team today. We got screwed on the calls today (Gurley TD, running on fair catch, etc), suffered untimely turnovers, had to deal with a significant injury and our Oline let Peterman down.

Gators enjoy your little streak...it ends on 4 October, 2014! Neyland Goal post coming down!

Let's just beat Florida.

Reactions: 4 people
This was another tough loss to Georgia, and many may descend into pessimism now for the rest of the season, but despite some continuing areas of concern (QBs getting beaten up due to insufficient OL play; continuing baffling playcalling by Bajakian, no kick returns ever by Sutton, yet another demonstration of lack of QB depth of this team), there are still lots of reasons to feel hopeful about the continuing progress of this team:

1) Great play by Worley under pressure (important because he is under pressure a lot);
2) turnaround by Croom after key drops in OK game, today made a great TD catch and another great catch in 4th Qtr;
3) Hurd is becoming an SEC caliber running back, turning in his best performance yet;
4)Pig Howard back in the game, making a great TD catch;
5) Ethan Wolf is back from injury and is proving to be an outstanding TE;
6) Helm also makes a couple of key catches, including the PAT for 2 (we can actually convert two pointers now!);
7) D Barnett becoming a great DE for a true freshman;
8) Devrin Young finally making two good kick returns; we've needed this all year; Pickett making a decent return himself. Maybe Sutton should be relieved from return duties and focus on CB play where he excels;
9)Not sure about this one, but I thought I heard one of the announcers say GA only converted one 3rd down in the second half.

Given the condition of the rest of the SEC East, I think UT's odds of winning at least 4 SEC games and going to a bowl look better than they did a couple weeks ago. Vandy, KY, Mizzou and FL all look beatable, possibly even SC who only beat Vandy by 2 scores.

Ha ha-this loss won't think anyone in the pessimism, as long as we win more than we lose the rest of the season.

The decade of moral victories appeasing this Fanbase is long gone.

I didn't expect us to win this game, and I like what I see on the field. The reality of this situation is, I'm not willing to call us better until we actually start winning.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm pretty sure we went three and out after both TOs. I understand lack of execution, but no, coach Jake's play calling was overall mediocre today.

If I could change one thing today, pass more on 1st down and not be so predictable.

Also after that double reverse...later in the game I would have passed out of that (like the Pig Howard pass) or had a flea flicker for that young secondary.

You'll feel better after we whip Florida. It's possible that bamma is the only close game we have left. It's also possible Chatt. is the only win left. I just know that I haven't been this optimistic four games into the season in years.

I do think all of our remaining games are winable outside the Bama game, probably. Problem is our Offensive line is a much bigger problem than any of us thought. They are worse than ever expected.

Worse than the one in 2010 when we had to start two undersized walk-ons (Sullins brothers). I like Robertson, but I think it should be Weisman at RG. Kerbyson should go back to RT, and we need to play Blair at LT. He played well in the JUCO ranks. Cannot believe he is worse than a true freshman who keeps getting beat.

Last edited:
I do think all of our remaining games are winable outside the Bama game, probably. Problem is our Offensive line is a much bigger problem than any of us thought. They are worse than ever expected.

Worse than the one in 2010 when we had to start two undersized walk-ons (Sullins brothers)

I agree but they have shown us flashes of goodness and they were very improved from OK game. Plus with the run game back in play, it helps tamp the pressure off of Worley.

OK and UGA are probably the two best pass rushing defenses we will face all season, not that bama and FL aren't very good ones.

Worse than the one in 2010 when we had to start two undersized walk-ons (Sullins brothers). I like Robertson, but I think it should be Weisman at RG. Kerbyson should go back to RT, and we need to play Blair at LT. He played well in the JUCO ranks. Cannot believe he is worse than a true freshman who keeps getting beat.

Our suspect OLine could be an asset if we play call around it. Gonna take brains. Everybody's coming. Deal with it.

If I could change one thing today, pass more on 1st down and not be so predictable.

Also after that double reverse...later in the game I would have passed out of that (like the Pig Howard pass) or had a flea flicker for that young secondary.

Yep, they did this in the 1st quarter but quit in the 2nd and 3rd. Jake had a good gameplan, he just sat on his hands after we got the lead. The real problem was the great field position we did nothing with in the 3rd quarter. Don't fault him for Peterman, because nothing will work with him because he's awful, but if you use the same short quick passes on 1st down from the first quarter to start the 2nd half then TN likely takes better advantage of the UGA turnovers and field position and Worley may never get hurt.

They threw on 1st down in the 1st and 4th quarters and it worked. In the 2nd and 3rd they didn't and that was when they did nothing. The offensive coaching is fine, what they have now will get this bunch to 8-9 wins. My question is can they beat the Sabans, Stoops, etc. enough to win a title once they get the talent and experience.

Butch is the man for the job. Obviously I am getting ahead of myself, but but he needs to realize that in order to win big games in this conference you have to be more consistent in your play calling.

Personal Conduct Foul! American Pig and VOLorNuttin...this is your first warning! Next one will result in an ejection.
Telling someone they should commit suicide deserves a punch to the chops. Just that simple. It's one thing to insult someone, but that shi!te is way uncalled for. There are kids who have been bullied with that kind of talk and actually taken their lives because of it. So, anyone I hear telling someone to commit suicide needs to get knocked on their keester.

And just who are you? Didn't see moderator under your screen name.

Last edited:

Good point, Wiesman played well last year and we need to see if Blair is one of those players who suck in practice but dominate in the game (like Haynesworth was I believe).

I felt this was gonna be our toughest test in east. But Ole Miss scares me every bit as much as Bama in the west.

VN Store

Back