The Official Tennessee @ #12 Georgia Game Thread, 12:00pm ET, ESPN

I felt this was gonna be our toughest test in east. But Ole Miss scares me every bit as much as Bama in the west.

Ole Miss still hasn't been truly tested yet. Memphis will possibly give them a good game but still a lot of unknowns in the SEC including Mizzou. Should learn a lot about Ark/aTm today 14-14 all presently.

Worley once again demonstrated his toughness. If Worley had that last 40 seconds (I think we got screwed on that 4th down play) to try to get us in FG range I say 40-50% we get it. What a story that would have been if we'd again went to OT and somehow win today. Worley would have been legend after the injury.....close...so close. One thing for sure is our Vols fight no matter what and that will soon start to turn close loses into wins. GBO.

Reactions: 1 person
I felt this was gonna be our toughest test in east. But Ole Miss scares me every bit as much as Bama in the west.
I'm not scared of Ole Miss at all. Their toughest game thus far was Boise St. which is no better than Utah St. this year.

They have a handful of good players, but so do we, on the defensive side alone. We've out-recruited them by far, the past 5 yrs or so, except that 2013 cla$$

He's been FUNCTIONAL all year...what we saw in the fourth quarter was greatness! He was tentative before...after the dingup, that scab got pulled off! :aggressive:

Just thinking about this comment. Those connections to Pig and North in 4th were brilliant. With Hurd coming on too and Smith and Pearson due to return, the O may be coming alive.

Wow, that was a tough one. Just now calm enough to think straight again.

Number 2 qb, no matter who it is, is gonna be an issue this year when needed.

The line is improving, but youth and inexperience showed. They will be okay, but we must recruit depth there ASAP.

Hurd made his first major mistake. Let's see how he responds. I think he grows from it. He ran HARD all day.

Worley is a tough player. Hope he heals fast.

Special teams weren't special, but weren't bad either.

Our defense is legit. Gurley will gurley and his backups are pretty dang good too, but our d looked good overall. Depth is the killer there. We are recruiting that hard for next year.

The VOLS are still in for a good finish and likely a bowl. We will likely finish with 8 wins or maybe better if healthy.

I saw a lot to cheer for and the future looks bright.

Reactions: 1 person
WOW!

Great game by the VOLS! A few throws high, and a long run given up by the D were the deciding factors. Worley finally showed the it factor, played with heart, made the good throws, managed the game well.. Crow tastes so good because Worley showed me what I always knew he could do but had my doubts that he would ever show it. We will win the East. A few better play calls by the OC and we get a W; nevertheless, the OC called a great game.

Just thinking about this comment. Those connections to Pig and North in 4th were brilliant. With Hurd coming on too and Smith and Pearson due to return, the O may be coming alive.

They are showing signs of life, nice to see.

ESPN is all how Georgia is the greatest team ever right no...no mention of UT's effort.

Hog wash, if I wasn't for that Girly Gurl, they'd have no team... bet all those that put big bucks us losing by 17 and more are crying now.. hate hate an L but dangn't our boys played hard and that was a close game!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back