D'Andre Payne

I saw it in the recruiting forum. Was hoping that someone would know something, not trying to be a troll

that article is from a year ago

I am aware. I'm just wondering if there is a strategy to get more signees this year. I am looking at a stacked class with more names circulating. I don't want to lose kids but something is going on. Only wondering...

Reactions: 1 person
I am aware. I'm just wondering if there is a strategy to get more signees this year. I am looking at a stacked class with more names circulating. I don't want to lose kids but something is going on. Only wondering...

Yes, over sign, see who is really good, get ones you don't want to transfer, and then over sign again.

Here's something crazy. Current limits on scholarships are 85 at any given time. Limit of 25 per calendar year.

How is it possible that some schools have said they will give four year scholarships to all athletes? Something has to give with this process unless the NCAA is going to allow the Power 5 conferences wide latitudes.

here's my .02 on attrition....and typically i am pretty player minded. if this is true. unless something major is going on, and we dont know of it....

THIS is Tennessee. no one is bigger than this program. we are on our way back, either youre with us or against us.

Yes, over sign, see who is really good, get ones you don't want to transfer, and then over sign again.

That's actually a strategy that alaBummer and alot of top programs use.

Scholly is actually only good for 1 year and has to be renewed every year so any coach can bring in their best class, see who's really going to become a star and let the guys that don't compete or aren't good enough transfer somewhere else.

This is big boy football and every kid that's serious about trying to become good enough to make the NFL understand all of this and will work their butts off.

Never forget that there's always several 4* and 5* star kids that hit college and become a bust and there's lots of different reasons for that.

Kids transfer out of all the top programs every year so it's nothing to get worried about.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Saw that there are rumors he is looking to transfer. Anyone know anything?

The way things are going, I am not surprised if all of the 2014 class ends up transferring.
I heard Michael Sawyers name on the radio yesterday. Not sure what they were talking about him for but hope he does not transfer.
I felt that Hendrix & Henderson would not be on campus very long. For some reason, most of the players we sign from the north usually don't stay on campus long. I know there are exceptions to it but most don't stay. I know Price, McCullough, Martin & O'Brien & Munoz stayed but all the others from the north left.

Just to think that a month ago, we were all wondering how we would fit all of these recruits into this signing class. Well, usually from November - January, there is alot of transition on the roster each season. This is a perfect example of it.

VN Store

Back