D'Andre Payne

I remember Will Overstreet saying that from day one on the practice field you could see who could play and who couldn't.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys think that Saban, Richt, and the "Ole Ball Sack" don't do this??? Of course they all do.

Its just that a few VN Trolls have decided to make it out to be the end of the world! :banghead2:

The fact is that, until now, we haven't been recruiting well enough to do any culling! We are just not used to having the luxury! JMO

Reactions: 3 people
Per Hubbs

Don't look for Jaylen Miller or D'Andre Payne when the Vols reconvene. We're told Miller departed, upset with a lack of playing time, while Payne did not give specific reasons before electing to return to his D.C.-area roots.

The way things are going, I am not surprised if all of the 2014 class ends up transferring.
I heard Michael Sawyers name on the radio yesterday. Not sure what they were talking about him for but hope he does not transfer.
I felt that Hendrix & Henderson would not be on campus very long. For some reason, most of the players we sign from the north usually don't stay on campus long. I know there are exceptions to it but most don't stay. I know Price, McCullough, Martin & O'Brien & Munoz stayed but all the others from the north left.

Just to think that a month ago, we were all wondering how we would fit all of these recruits into this signing class. Well, usually from November - January, there is alot of transition on the roster each season. This is a perfect example of it.

So basically if they aren't a starter, there are random rumors about them transferring. Got it.

See above for how they start... lol

And tell us how losing roughly 6 FR/SO for a program with zero proven depth isn't a bad thing?

Don't interrupt your razor sharpening to try to educate/depress me...these players could have developed into contributors...but they weren't...how many valuable snaps were lost? It's not good...nor is it bad. It's big time football.

Reactions: 11 people
And tell us how losing roughly 6 FR/SO for a program with zero proven depth isn't a bad thing?

Well, it's not as if this doesn't happen at every school, every year. It's part of changing a culture. You don't beg kids who didn't earn playing time to stay just because they were rated high coming out of high school. You just go recruit new guys to come in and hope they pan out better than the ones they are replacing.

Reactions: 2 people

Bad thing doesn't equal destruction of a program like some try to spin it.

It happens at a lot of major programs and to a greater extent when you take larger signing classes. The fact is we had to turn over a handful of players to make room for the new class. I'm sure that the coaches would have liked to have kept a few of the players that left the program; I'm also sure that there are a few that left that we were glad to be rid of as well. You can have a staff that evaluates talent perfectly and you still have no idea how those personalities are going to mesh together in a locker room. There are simply more dynamics at work than just talent.

Its alot easier to understand for FR/SO not getting alot of playing time on most D1 teams. But TN is an exception this year with all of the new players playing ALOT. When most of the FR class is playing and you aren't I would imagine this would make it really easy to want to transfer out.

Don't interrupt your razor sharpening to try to educate/depress me...these players could have developed into contributors...but they weren't...how many valuable snaps were lost? It's not good...nor is it bad. It's big time football.

Well said.

Been saying this all along. That 2014 class rating is no where in the top 10 after a year in. Too much attrition and the lack of depth will have the same effect that was produced by Kiffin and Dooley. Other programs are using this attrition against us this year.

Been saying this all along. That 2014 class rating is no where in the top 10 after a year in. Too much attrition and the lack of depth will have the same effect that was produced by Kiffin and Dooley. Other programs are using this attrition against us this year.

Yeah...we're down to #5. :glare:

Reactions: 4 people
Can't really say 2014 was a great recruiting class. We have lost too many off that class that were 4 star players. So, either Butch missed on talent evaluation or too many kids don't like what Butch is cooking. Either way, the defections are making Jones look bad and will set the program back for another year. Face it folks, Jones is spinning his wheels.

Can't really say 2014 was a great recruiting class. We have lost too many off that class that were 4 star players. So, either Butch missed on talent evaluation or too many kids don't like what Butch is cooking. Either way, the defections are making Jones look bad and will set the program back for another year. Face it folks, Jones is spinning his wheels.

Ok...excuse me another 4 star committed. :gone:

Reactions: 5 people

Oh give me a break. Out of everyone leaving who actually contributed this year?

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back