How could Dooley be so bad?

I'm just curious as how we lose to a UK team without a QB.....without Sal?!

Because we didn't score points with our amazing offense. That loss had nothing to do with the d

Are people seriously still wondering about the Dooley years? Talk about a dead and decaying horse

Reactions: 2 people
Because we didn't score points with our amazing offense. That loss had nothing to do with the d

Are people seriously still wondering about the Dooley years? Talk about a dead and decaying horse

I agree 100%! He was a cancer that still effects us tho, IMO.

In my experience, it is hugely gratifying to, from time to time, walk past the dead horse and hit it with a shovel once again, just for old time's sake. I think that's what most of us are doing here. :good!:

Reactions: 4 people
Yes Dooley had serious leadership problems. He didn't recruit well if at all, and when he did nobody wanted to work or play for him.

In 20 years of watching all forms of sports I have never ever seen a team give up the way Dooley's teams did. I don't even see that in my son's AYSO soccer league.

The worst part of the situation with Dooley, he damaged the program's reputation, hurt alumni relationships, coaching relationships, didn't produce results on the field or off. He is probably one of the worst coaching hires of all time. BUT the absolute worst part of all this

We are still paying him to be one of the worst F UP coaches ever until 09/2016

And, the good news is that it led us to a coach who, within two years has repaired those relationships, completely upgraded the roster, and finally has us going quickly in the right direction.

Make no mistake about it, though, Butch inherited an utter dumpster fire and he has done an incredible job to get us this far this fast.

It's over with and done! Let go of the past!!!
fire-dooley-rock.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Dooley was bad but unlucky too. The LSU game,the music city bowl plus the Ky fiasco, Plus he inherited tyler Bray who should have been sent home.

Dooley is not a bad guy, was just way in over his head and had no business being hired in the first place. Would have made a good WR coach IMO.

Tyler Bray was a brat. A hugely talented brat, but a brat nonetheless. If he'd been a true student leader, he could've been a factor in holding the team together. Instead, he was happy to show some rampant teen immaturity and bounce along in his seat as Dooley drove the bus right off the cliff. In short, Bray gave up. Real leaders don't give up. Ever. Even in a losing cause.

Tyler Bray was a brat. A hugely talented brat, but a brat nonetheless. If he'd been a true student leader, he could've been a factor in holding the team together. Instead, he was happy to show some rampant teen immaturity and bounce along in his seat as Dooley drove the bus right off the cliff. In short, Bray gave up. Real leaders don't give up. Ever. Even in a losing cause.

Second most prolific offense in the history of UT football. And thats how you remember the guy, as a quitter?

Second most prolific offense in the history of UT football. And thats how you remember the guy, as a quitter?

I'm sorry, how many championships did Bray lead his teams to? What win/loss percentages?

A quarterback is supposed to be more than a passer. Bray wasn't. I remember him as a talented but immature brat and, yes, one who gave up.

Reactions: 3 people

exactly

I'm sorry, how many championships did Bray lead his teams to? What win/loss percentages?

A quarterback is supposed to be more than a passer. Bray wasn't. I remember him as a talented but immature brat and, yes, one who gave up.

Are you kidding me? Are you a UT fan? I dont think you are if you're putting out lack of championships on Bray.
Thats one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time.

Bray was our best option and he put up big numbers his junior year. But he didnt win us any SEC titles with
the worst defense we've ever had, but lets blame it all on Bray anyway. Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Are you kidding me? Are you a UT fan? I dont think you are if you're putting out lack of championships on Bray.
Thats one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time.

Bray was our best option and he put up big numbers his junior year. But he didnt win us any SEC titles with
the worst defense we've ever had, but lets blame it all on Bray anyway. Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

I'm sorry, you seem not to understand the value, the importance, of on-field player leadership, or the cost to the team when it is lacking.

With your lack of comprehension of this aspect of football, I'm afraid there's not much way we can move this conversation about Bray forward.

p.s. In life, as in football, I tend to judge people as much by their character as by their performance. I learned the importance of character in the members of your team by long experience over many years in uniform. I give Bray full credit for his talent ... and full blame for his lack of character. Don't think I'm putting Dooley's failure on Bray's back, there's plenty of bad weight to go around from those years.

Last edited:
I'm just curious as how we lose to a UK team without a QB.....without Sal?!

I know this isn't going to be popular but I believe there were some players(Bray,Rogers) who knew they were ineligible for a bowl game and tanked it

Well yeah, he lost 3 games to Bama, each by 31 points. I have some insight on the issue.

I'm sorry, I'm not going to be lectured by some drive by troll who doesnt know what he's talking about.

Did you bother to check the score of those games? Yeah, thats all on our QB. :lolabove:

Dooley was bad but unlucky too. The LSU game,the music city bowl plus the Ky fiasco, Plus he inherited tyler Bray who should have been sent home.

I'll give you the NC bowl game as being unlucky, but that's it. The other two were a direct consequence of his utter ineptness as a D1 collegiate headcoach.

I'm sorry, I'm not going to be lectured by some drive by troll who doesnt know what he's talking about.

Did you bother to check the score of those games? Yeah, thats all on our QB. :lolabove:

Bray was freaking awful against Bama in the 1 1/3 games he played.

VN Store

Back