2015 Vols Injury Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurt recruiting?

We have a 5* QB and a 4*, potentially a 5*, WR already committed for the 2017 class and you can bet they're helping to recruit top guys and they'll tell them not to listen to Lies from other programs.

Kids get hurt for 1 main reason my friends....It's football in the SEC.

Either get yourself in shape or go play for Memphis, LOL!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!
Memphis finished at #25 in the final AP poll.

Reactions: 2 people
Is the injury rate higher at Tennessee than other places? Honest question - I don't know, nor do I know how to find out. It has seemed like there's been a lot.

prob so.

and it seems like teams keep most of their business under wraps and ours is out there for the entire world.

Is the injury rate higher at Tennessee than other places? Honest question - I don't know, nor do I know how to find out. It has seemed like there's been a lot.

Doubt it. Injury reports roll off the front page of ESPN's web site like a ticker tape. Meanwhile, we sit around VN staring at the Vols from 3 inches away, using a magnifying glass, and are shocked at all the wrinkles. The vast majority of us couldn't name five players on any other SEC or Power 5 team, and have no idea what their injury situation looks like...but seem convinced that it's far worse here than elsewhere.

Lack of perspective has never been known for helping to stop hysteria.

Reactions: 7 people
Doubt it. Injury reports roll off the front page of ESPN's web site like a ticker tape. Meanwhile, we sit around VN staring at the Vols from 3 inches away, using a magnifying glass, and are shocked at all the wrinkles. The vast majority of us couldn't name five players on any other SEC or Power 5 team, and have no idea what their injury situation looks like...but seem convinced that it's far worse here than elsewhere.

Hey!
There's Mean Joe Greene, uh... Kanye West, Dorsette, Too Tall Jones and Spurrier. I just can't think of the team right now. :ermm:

Reactions: 1 person

i could give you everyone elses roster. CFB is great. I soak it all in.

I think Jones needs to dial back on the intensity--it's a LONG season. This team will be burnt out and hobbling by week 8.

As much as I dislike Memphis, that was a decent team with a soft schedule, but they won. Justin Fuente won't be coaching there long if he keeps it up.

They took UCLA to the limit and was right with Ole Miss till the 4th quarter, amazing the improvement that team showed

This is why you recruit, because every year you will have key injuries to your team that will set it back. We are still one year away from really being competitive. This is a 7-5 season, with a chance at good bowl game.

Reactions: 1 person
Happens everywhere. I work for va tech and they panic as quick as the rest of us. They are down a couple projected starters already as well. *hugs* it will be okay.

And by cutting back on intense practices, we go into Oklahoma and these players get hurt and 2nd team gets no chance to prepare to play all year. Be glad it's happening before the season starts. Injuries happen everywhere. The reason we hear about these is because everyone is on this site, following all the UT reporters on Twitter, etc.

Auburn's injury list...not bad

2015 Auburn Injuries
Player Name Injury Return Date
SS Tray Matthews Hamstring Back at practice, limited
CB T.J. Davis ACL Unknown

And by cutting back on intense practices, we go into Oklahoma and these players get hurt and 2nd team gets no chance to prepare to play all year. Be glad it's happening before the season starts. Injuries happen everywhere. The reason we hear about these is because everyone is on this site, following all the UT reporters on Twitter, etc.

Yep. Just as many injuries years ago, it just wasn't followed as close. Star qb would have been big news but outside of that, not so much.

Gotta love those quality losses we get every year

This.. Not defending Memphis.. They are a good team and will be this yr. they got a quality coach and like someone else has said he won't be there much longer..

Croom tore his knee in December so there wasn't a great chance of him playing early anyway. Perry it is a shame but not a huge loss and he will benefit from a redshirt. McNeil is a bigger deal and a real shame. Hopefully it is nothing permanent.

It appears that we've had more than our fair share of injuries during the preseason, at least according to this list (which doesn't include McNeil):
NCAA Football Injuries College Football Injury Report Betting Lines, Odds & NCAAF College Free Picks - DonBest.com

Per the NCAA:
• The overall injury rate in NCAA football is 8.1 injuries per 1,000 athlete exposures (games and practices combined).
• Football players are nearly seven times more likely to be injured during a game than in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back