Couple of crazy rumors floating around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This incident happened this year, there's no way it would've had an effect on the previous 2 classes. We've already seen 7-8 kids leave out of last year's class and several reference his treatment of players (maybe they're soft, maybe sour grapes). Now these accusations and comments from a Cincy player and CMU boards. I'm only referencing this incident and thus would only have an impact going forward, if at all.

This year? I thought you had also referenced former players. A history of those in his wake kinda thing.
If you are only referencing one incident, then I see no need to fear repercussions in recruiting.
Not only would that be 1 story but it's a story where the alleged victim wasn't even among the accusers.
Doubt that will harm anything.

So it takes four days to locate the practice tape, and interview the alleged involved parties? I understand Cheek has other things to attend to, but surely Dave Hart should have been on it the day it broke.

All that happened in August/early September....never doubt it. The info wasn't supposed to get any further than that, but it did this week so I'd say a lot of work had to be done to make sure no one in on the original agreements back in August/sept was the leak.

Reactions: 1 person
You acting like a coach, in any situation, can't have an upper hand on an athlete is as naive as thinking Hillary knows nothing abort emails. I'm not accusing Butch of doing this; I think he and Mack are fine and have been since it occurred. But I also don't believe it's out of the realm for coaches anywhere to not wield their power over athletes.

All coaches at all levels weird their power over athletes.

This year? I thought you had also referenced former players. A history of those in his wake kinda thing.
If you are only referencing one incident, then I see no need to fear repercussions in recruiting.
Not only would that be 1 story but it's a story where the alleged victim wasn't even among the accusers.
Doubt that will harm anything.

Past players have just come out now it seems. Posey and Moore were only here for a year with Butch so they wouldn't/couldn't have had much of an impact on recruits.

Very first question. Brent Dougherty just asked what his take was on the whole situation and what happened. Butch gave more than he did Monday. Said it was absolutely false that he assaulted a player and that Hart and Cheek looked into it and found nothing. Blame him for clock mismanagement and not going for 2 but it hurts when his character his questioned. Something along those lines was all that was necessary Monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Very first question. Brent Dougherty just asked what his take was on the whole situation and what happened. Butch gave more than he did Monday. Said it was absolutely false that he assaulted a player and that Hart and Cheek looked into it and found nothing. Blame him for clock mismanagement and not going for 2 but it hurts when his character his questioned. Something along those lines was all that was necessary Monday.

Sorry, I misread. I thought u were saying their credentials were pulled. I'm sure they weren't hand picked for that "interview".

Everyone wants Seth Stokes credentials pulled for asking, so I figured we should extend it to tr Nashville radio guys too
I am not in the pull his credentials crowd, but these were two completely different situations. Stokes basically made an accusation then asked for a comment. The zone crew pointed our that Cheek said nothing inappropriate happened, and asked for his comments on a situation that had blown up into a national story. Big difference.

Ahhh , the poor grudites quest to get Hart and Butch fired mid-season has failed . Carry on gnashing and wailing . Till the next grumor .

It doesn't matter what anyone says really, if Butch doesn't start winning he's gone. All the top recruiting classes and hype videos in the world won't be able to save him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back