Miles or Jones

LSU beat FL. and what is Miles record. I thought I heard 110 and 32. The #1 recruiting class next year. Tough choice.

Yeah but he has fertile grounds and his pick of the crop in La. Not so much at Tennessee. He walked into a Saban championship roster which jump started him. Just hard to compare when you look at the variables between the 2 programs and where they were when each coach took over.

Reactions: 2 people
I was just talking with a friend who is an LSU grad and we thought it was funny how younger generation of LSU fan don't know how bad they used to be and how UT fans don't remember what it's like to be good. Hopefully we'll continue to get better and they'll continue to get worse

It's funny how the next younger generation of UT fans think that the Philmer years were the norm.

It's funny how the next younger generation of UT fans think that the Philmer years were the norm.

We've won an SEC Championship in every decade until the last one. People should want and expect more of those, not 8-9 win seasons where you don't win anything.

Les Miles has won a bunch at LSU but he is a terrible coach. Seriously, if not for his recruiting ability, he would've been out long before this year. Butch has unquestionably made mistakes this year but I think he'll learn from them. LSU pulls talent from Florida, Louisiana, bama, and Texas and it can't be hard to get commitments there. There is a reason he keeps running off assistants.

Butch without question. GBO

Reactions: 2 people
So did Hal Mumme. Would you hire him?

His point was that it's odd to use "he can't develop QBs" as a reason not to hire someone when he had a QB drafted #1 overall.

It's not "he's good because he had a QB go #1 and everyone that does that is a great coach."

His point was that it's odd to use "he can't develop QBs" as a reason not to hire someone when he had a QB drafted #1 overall.

It's not "he's good because he had a QB go #1 and everyone that does that is a great coach."

That goes back to a point I was making earlier in the thread. I don't think it's that Les can't develop QBs. It seems like more often than not, he recruits the wrong type of QB (undersized guys who like to run but aren't great passers).

He had his most consistent offenses Flynn, Russell and Mettenberger, who were drop back passers.

We've won an SEC Championship in every decade until the last one. People should want and expect more of those, not 8-9 win seasons where you don't win anything.

We didn't win a championship in the seventies...Dickey won one in 1969 then we went 16 years until Johnny stumbled into one in 1985...Phil won two titles in 16 years...we've won 5 in the last 45 years...

One is a national championship winning coach. The other is a co co Big East champ.

I'd take Miles all day, every day.

He's been at number 1 numerous times in 8 years. I'll take that after what I've seen from Butch.

If you were an LSU fan you would have been calling for Miles to be fired in 2007.

Everyone seems to forget LSU under Miles was the only 2 loss team to make it into the BCS championship game.

LSU lost to Kentucky mid-year and then in the regular season finale versus Arkansas one week before we played them in Atlanta.

He damn lucky there were no undefeated teams that year.

Everyone seems to forget LSU under Miles was the only 2 loss team to make it into the BCS championship game.

LSU lost to Kentucky mid-year and then in the regular season finale versus Arkansas one week before we played them in Atlanta.

That's because he, you know, won a championship. Butch never even won the Big East.

Both those losses were in overtime btw

Even if he didn't work out in the end, Les still got a QB drafted #1 overall. Butch will never come close to such an accomplishment.

This may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen you post on here - pretty impressive really.

Recruiting great quarterbacks is all that is required to do that^.

If you haven't noticed Butch has that pretty well covered.

VN Store

Back