Miles or Jones

Fisher wasn't coached by Butch except his freshman year. Butch does get credit for recruiting him, but no one is arguing that he can't recruit.

That's true, you're right. I still count it as close but that's probably just making a discussion over nothing.

Richt has never one the big one and it amazes me that Miles gets called over rated for his achievements. He has been to 2 national championship games, has a ring from the 2007 game,and consistenly wins 9-10 games a year in the toughest conference in FB. TN fans would do back flips if we had these results on the field for the past decade.

We ran Fulmer off, so I don't believe you. Some Tennessee fans are never happy.

Reactions: 1 person
Who is a better in game coach - Miles or Butch?

Think before you answer. Miles has had a few prominent rolls of the dice pay off in his career. He's also had multiple gaffes.

Les Miles has never said anything that 3 people have understood. It would drive me nuts if he came here. I think he is a special kind of stupid! Not sure how he gets recruits or wins games!!!

Since getting body-slammed by Alabama in that infamous championship game, LSU’s annual SEC records have been 6-2 (2012), 5-3 (2013), 4-4 (2014) and 4-3 so far this season. In Miles’ first seven seasons at LSU, the Tigers had only one team finish .500 or worse in conference play (they went 3-5 in 2008, Alleva’s first year as athletic director, when tension between him and Miles first developed). Miles won 81.9 percent of his SEC games in those first seven seasons, compared with 61.3 in the four years since.

Just something to consider.

Reactions: 2 people
If Butch bails for Va Tech would love to see Miles here. Put that man with a couple of good coordinators and he'll win championships again

If Butch did bail for Va. Tech, he has to be he lowest I.Q. football coach in the SEC. If he wants to go that direction, bye, bye Butch. Hopefully Hart doesn't give him any incentive to stay. No extension, no raise.

Miles...experience and track record count.

Not even close...shouldn't be a question.

Not to worry though....our administration would never hire somebody with that much juice.

Butch will be fine as long as we temper our expectations. He recruits very well, runs a clean program, and is a great ambassador for our school. He's just never going to win at a high level in my opinion. 8-9 wins and a bowl game is about what can be expected...not much more.

So you think Butch has already peaked? This season is about as good as he will ever do? Not being argumentative just wanted to clarify.

If Butch did bail for Va. Tech, he has to be he lowest I.Q. football coach in the SEC. If he wants to go that direction, bye, bye Butch. Hopefully Hart doesn't give him any incentive to stay. No extension, no raise.

Jones will be here for several more years.

One is a national championship winning coach. The other is a co co Big East champ.

I'd take Miles all day, every day.

He's been at number 1 numerous times in 8 years. I'll take that after what I've seen from Butch.

Yea wylo I would love to be ranked number 1 and by the end of the season be watching the wheels fall off.

You people are off your rockers!

Reactions: 3 people
Miles all day in a heartbeat - anyone who thinks differently must not care about wins and losses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back