Miles or Jones

No. It takes almost zero effort to recruit to LSU. While I sometimes admire Mile's nerve, he often wins in spite of himself. His offense has always underachieved and Saban has owned him and the West.

He almost always has a top defense with insane talent.
Offense? Can't seem to have consistency with it.

No...Miles wins by just having more talent on the field...so far Jones has shown he can get talent so I wouldn't change for someone whose strength is basically no better than what we have...

Two years from now when Jones has a fully loaded roster, he'll either be competing for championships or on his way out...but it's too early to toss him at this point...

Reactions: 1 person
Who is a better in game coach - Miles or Butch?

Think before you answer. Miles has had a few prominent rolls of the dice pay off in his career. He's also had multiple gaffes.

LOL! MIles has his team just show up to Bama for the NC game...the worst job of having a team ready to play I've ever seen...the LSU O looked stunned because they ran the exact game plan they always do and Bama stopped it...

Les is a horrible game day coach...I rank him behind Fulmer and Phil was an average game day coach...

Reactions: 2 people
Miles or Jones? Jones

Miles or DeBord? Debord

Miles or Dooley? Miles

LSU has a most interesting debate - Les is a "young 62" and could land a good position somewhere.

Butch has his best years ahead and has worked his butt off to rebuild Tennessee so unless he walks out for some reason - it is his ship to steer for 7 more years. Enjoy stability guys - quit envying coaching replacement drama every 3 years. Enjoy the drama at South Carolina, Missouri and LSU vicariously.

Reactions: 4 people
I can't believe LSU is even considering buying out the man. I thought TN fans were the tops for calling for the head of a good coach, but apparently insanity rules everywhere. Miles is statistically and NC-wise the best coach they've ever had, and 3 weeks ago they were favored to win it all. Top that off with what is currently the #1 recruiting class, so it's not like his glory days were a decade ago. VA Tech, So. Carolina, or Miami will cream their jeans if he is fired from LSU and they are able to make a huge upgrade. Miles wins, and they seem to forget it.

The only possible explanation is that he hired Sunseri to run his defense this year.

Richt has never one the big one and it amazes me that Miles gets called over rated for his achievements. He has been to 2 national championship games, has a ring from the 2007 game,and consistenly wins 9-10 games a year in the toughest conference in FB. TN fans would do back flips if we had these results on the field for the past decade.

Slightly disagree. Looks a lot like Fulmer at UT and the folks got tired of that. Tenn is on the verge of winning 8 and possibly 9 games ( after a decade of sucking) and I am already seeing VNation complaining Jones is no good and we need a change. No backflips

Miles was bailed out by Derek Dooley putting 13 men on the field. If he'd lost that game I'm not sure he wouldn't have been fired much sooner.

He completed messed his pants in the last secs of that game and got bailed completely out.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch jones is not leaving Tennessee for the dumpster fire at Virginia tech. That would be the most foolish thing ever

Depends on what your looking for, if you want to run a regional program that is satisfied with 8 win regular seasons and make 3 million a year while doing it the VT is the place for you.
Minimal stress job for the profession.

VN Store

Back