Mel Kiper: Jalen Hurd rated the 3rd best RB prospect in the 2017 Draft

Nkemdiche was allergic to the opposing team's offensive backfield for 3 years at OleMiss. You've criticized Adoree Jackson as not being very good in college and living off his highschool star rating. If you're consistent, you've gotta say the exact same thing about Nkemdiche. The guy is a phenomenal athlete, but his play/production nowhere near matches his physical abilities. That's the primary reason why, despite his athleticism, that he dropped so far and barely snuck into the first round of the draft.

LOL. Did you miss the combine? The off field issues caused his drop. Everyone said that week he bombed his interviews and many teams took him off the board.

That was the primary cause of his drop not his inconsistent film. That contributed but it wasn't primary. All the experts pointed out that his performance against Alabama was #1 overall pick worthy. But then he had no impact in games against lesser opposition.

What this tells me is that Robert is the restless genius type. He probably losses interest against subpar competition but is 100% focused when he plays a team like Alabama.

As a result, I strongly believe Robert will be a pro bowler in the NFL. The kid has once in a lifetime gifts. With Bruce Arians in his ear, I think he reached his potential.

P.S. I just don't like Adoree's film. Robert was inconsistent but when he was on, he was special. I never felt that way about Adoree.

Last edited:
LOL. Did you miss the combine? The off field issues caused his drop. Everyone said that week he bombed his interviews and many teams took him off the board.

That was the primary cause of his drop not his inconsistent film. That contributed but it wasn't primary. All the experts pointed out that his performance against Alabama was #1 overall pick worthy. But then he had no impact in games against lesser opposition.

What this tells me is that Robert is the restless genius type. He probably losses interest against subpar competition but is 100% focused when he plays a team like Alabama.

As a result, I strongly believe Robert will be a pro bowler in the NFL. The kid has once in a lifetime gifts. With Bruce Arians in his ear, I think he reached his potential.

P.S. I just don't like Adoree's film. Robert was inconsistent but when he was on, he was special. I never felt that way about Adoree.

He was already dropping before he dropped himself out of the window. As a matter of fact, many if not most had him falling completely out of the first round altogether. He was fortunate the Cardinals decided to roll the dice on him take him before he dropped further. For some context, compare him to his teammate Tunsil who suffered from off field perceptions equally the if not moreso than Nkemdiche.....at one point, each was discussed as a top 5 pick, if not the #1 overall pick.....Tunsil dropped only to the 13th pick while your boy RN fell all the way to 29. Some try to blame it solely on the hotel incident, and I'm not saying that it didn't play a significant role, but he was plummeting well before that happened because a lot of scouts and analysts questioned his effort/motor and why a guy with those elite measurables was little more than a run stuffer at OleMiss. As far as what he'll do in the NFL?.....he's got Jadaveon Clowney written all over him IMO....a tiger doesn't change his stripes, especially after he's already got his money in the bank. He's likely to only become more of what he's always been...a bonehead who'd rather hit a bong than give maximum effort on the field.

Time will tell about Adoree. I haven't seen him enough to even form an opinion. Have just seen that he's very highly thought of by all the PAC-12 coaches and writers since he's made so many All-Pac12 teams.

He was already dropping before he dropped himself out of the window. As a matter of fact, many if not most had him falling completely out of the first round altogether. He was fortunate the Cardinals decided to roll the dice on him take him before he dropped further. For some context, compare him to his teammate Tunsil who suffered from off field perceptions equally the if not moreso than Nkemdiche.....at one point, each was discussed as a top 5 pick, if not the #1 overall pick.....Tunsil dropped only to the 13th pick while your boy RN fell all the way to 29. Some try to blame it solely on the hotel incident, and I'm not saying that it didn't play a significant role, but he was plummeting well before that happened because a lot of scouts and analysts questioned his effort/motor and why a guy with those elite measurables was little more than a run stuffer at OleMiss. As far as what he'll do in the NFL?.....he's got Jadaveon Clowney written all over him IMO....a tiger doesn't change his stripes, especially after he's already got his money in the bank. He's likely to only become more of what he's always been...a bonehead who'd rather hit a bong than give maximum effort on the field.

Time will tell about Adoree. I haven't seen him enough to even form an opinion. Have just seen that he's very highly thought of by all the PAC-12 coaches and writers since he's made so many All-Pac12 teams.

This is true he didn't drop because of combine he was dropping before it even started few had him still going really high

You're basically arguing about something for which you have no evidence. None of us know which teams would've taken him before Arizona if his off-field character was sterling. I'm sure he probably wouldn't go top 5 but I'd guess the 10-15 range would be reasonable.

But who cares how far the on-field lack production caused him to fall vis-a-vis the off-field issues. This is an academic discussion for which there will never be an answer.

What matters more is how his pro career goes. I think I'm a good judge of character. I never liked Clowney. I thought he would bust in the league. Its all in the eyes. He didn't have the look of someone who wanted it.

Nkemdiche has the look of someone who wants it. I felt the same way about Tyrann Mathieu. Like Mathieu, Robert's a good kid with some bad influences around him. With the great influence of Bruce Arians and those vets at Arizona I think the kid balls out.

Plus the draft process humbled him. All his life he had folks kissing his ass. Now he's finally being challenged. I think he answers it.

Last edited:
Haven't been on in a couple weeks but this is awesome! Hurd is a freight train awaiting for pure domination. Dude is going to be super fast this year to go along with his size and a better, more experienced line. This year is going to be fun to watch.

You're basically arguing about something for which you have no evidence. None of us know which teams would've taken him before Arizona if his off-field character was sterling. I'm sure he probably wouldn't go top 5 but I'd guess the 10-15 range would be reasonable.

But who cares how far the on-field lack production caused him to fall vis-a-vis the off-field issues. This is an academic discussion for which there will never be an answer.

What matters more is how his pro career goes. I think I'm a good judge of character. I never liked Clowney. I thought he would bust in the league. Its all in the eyes. He didn't have the look of someone who wanted it.

Nkemdiche has the look of someone who wants it. I felt the same way about Tyrann Mathieu. Like Mathieu, Robert's a good kid with some bad influences around him. With the great influence of Bruce Arians and those vets at Arizona I think the kid balls out.

Plus the draft process humbled him. All his life he had folks kissing his ass. Now he's finally being challenged. I think he answers it.

Robert Nkemdiche = Jadaveon Clowney 2.0. The only difference is that Clowney actually performed in college. Also, as far as your ability to judge character goes.....did Clowney ever have any off field issues at SCar?

So to sum up....Clowney performed in college and Nkemdiche didn't. Clowney didn't have off the field issues in college, Nkemdiche had multiple off the field issues in college. But you think, as things shape up right now, that Nkemdiche will be the better pro. Ok.

Last edited:

You're a good judge of the character of people you've never met?

You're a good judge of the character of people you've never met?

You can tell a lot about a person by looking into their eyes. Just look up pictures of some of the most evil people in history.

The eyes give it away.

They are the keys to the soul as they say.

I don't know where draft gurus rank Hurd, but looking at the backs out there, it's easy to see Fournette and D. Cook being rated above him. IMO, Chubb has to prove he's fully recovered from injury if he hopes to be ahead of Hurd. Hurd's biggest obstacle will be splitting time with Kamara. That could potentially hurt him in the eyes of NFL front offices(though personally I think it's great for our team because you get fresh legs). I'm not sure what other backs are out there. I know there's McCaffrey from Stanford, but will he be seen as a RB or a WR when the draft rolls around? He's been pretty dynamic for Stanford, so I could see him being highly rated.

I think McCaffrey is Reggie Bush 2.0 .

Reactions: 1 person
I'll disagree and think he is on par with Bush. If he had a 5 on his helmet last season instead of an S, he would've won the Heisman.

Not with half as many tds as the other guys had last year. Bush had more tds with way more people stealing tds. Lendale White had 26 tds Bush's Heisman year. He still had 19. He had almost 3000 yards while White had almost 2000. On Stanford Bush would have had 30 something tds.

Not with half as many tds as the other guys had last year. Bush had more tds with way more people stealing tds. Lendale White had 26 tds Bush's Heisman year. He still had 19. He had almost 3000 yards while White had almost 2000. On Stanford Bush would have had 30 something tds.

Or......McCaffrey didn't have a second guy like White to help carry the load....didn't have a Heisman-winning QB like Leinert to help spread the defense's attention. All the focus was on him.

You cherry-picked the TD stat. I suspect it's because it's really the only one you had. Bush was a phenomenal athlete, a great football player and I think that the nod still goes to Bush over McCaffrey overall, right now. But look at the yards McCaffrey amassed last year on offense and special teams....it was unreal, especially when he was THE ONLY key, the only player on Stanford's team that had to be accounted for.

For the record, he had 2664 yards from scrimmage, 7.3 yards per touch, 13 tds. He added another 1,070 yards and 2 tds on special teams.

Last edited:
Or......McCaffrey didn't have a second guy like White m to help carry the load....didn't have a Heisman-winning QB like Leinert to help spread the defense's attention. All the focus is on him.

You cherry-picked the TD stat. I suspect it's because it's really the only one you had. Bush was a phenomenal athlete, a great football player and I think that the nod still goes to Bush over McCaffrey overall, right now. But look at the yards McCaffrey amassed last year on offense and special teams....it was unreal, especially when he was THE ONLY key, the only player on Stanford's team that had to be accounted for.

For the record, he had 2664 yards from scrimmage, 7.3 yards per touch, 13 tds. He added another 1,070 yards and 2 tds on special teams.

McCaffery wouldn't happen to be Caucasian would he? Explains K-Town's presence. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back