Confused about Kamara

Kamara is a great player. Shut him down, get him ready for NFL.
Kelly is not much less than Kamara. We can win out with Hurd and Kelly.

Bring on LSU or A&M!!!

He made it very clear that he didn't want to be ran up the middle (due to injuries he sustained last year). Jalen up the middle - Alvin to the outside. That's the way it has been for many different reasons. He would have to be 100% to even consider it, and then will he risk getting injured again? We'll see.

Maybe it's not the OC who is the problem with the play calls. It is the HC if he allows the players to dictate where they want to run the ball. I think you are JH's father, and I know JH has been vocal with the staff at times and that is not from what you have posted. Butch has not had really much choice because of depth at RB. If what you are posting is true and this staff catered to it, I can't wait till we have the depth where they have control instead. AK runs very well between the tackles and if he wants more than a ST player only in the NFL, he will have to do it. The players can't control the scheme and plays that are called and have a successful team. If they did that at Bama, the next guy on the depth chart replaces them. These kids do lay it on the line every game and are way more invested than we the fans but the money on all levels of college football from the conference thru the schools, AD, and coaches have changed the game so much that it is no longer recognizable from just two decades ago. Money ruins many a good things in life.

Edited for this: If AK is not 100 %, he should not play the rest of the year. I totally agree with that. However, if a player is 100 percent and games are meaningful, they should play at 100% effort. If not, you really could get hurt again and at this level, someone who is a backup who will give 100% effort should normally play over someone who doesn't. All should be SEC level players without much drop off once you have a program running like a title contender.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
He wants to play in NFL. His family has told UT NOT to release ANY of his medical information.. CBJ has threatened to remove press credentials from those in the media who release medical info on players, correct or incorrect, without the players or university's permission..

Well, the Law says he can not release medical information without approval of the player and/or his parents. CBJ will not do it without permission.

This is exactly the kind of thread that will result 3-4 weeks later in people criticizing Kamara for not playing because "everyone knows" that he was just saving himself for the combine.

It has happened before, and it will happen again. :no:

Reactions: 1 person
Lol we're 5-2.

Our two losses are to Top 10 teams, one in 2OT on their own field.

But sure, we'll call it a complete disaster, why not?

I said IT'S TURNED IN TO. When you're missing 6 starters and 10 backups, it's a complete disaster. Period.

Because Alvin was so significant in our 5 wins?

Yes he was.

He's the best RB on the team.

He's picked up many 1st downs on the ground and recieving.

Not to mention he's been a dynamic PR.

He's the best Running back on the team.

Maybe it's not the OC who is the problem with the play calls. It is the HC if he allows the players to dictate where they want to run the ball. I think you are JH's father, and I know JH has been vocal with the staff at times and that is not from what you have posted. Butch has not had really much choice because of depth at RB. If what you are posting is true and this staff catered to it, I can't wait till we have the depth where they have control instead. AK runs very well between the tackles and if he wants more than a ST player only in the NFL, he will have to do it. The players can't control the scheme and plays that are called and have a successful team. If they did that at Bama, the next guy on the depth chart replaces them. These kids do lay it on the line every game and are way more invested than we the fans but the money on all levels of college football from the conference thru the schools, AD, and coaches have changed the game so much that it is no longer recognizable from just two decades ago. Money ruins many a good things in life.

Edited for this: If AK is not 100 %, he should not play the rest of the year. I totally agree with that. However, if a player is 100 percent and games are meaningful, they should play at 100% effort. If not, you really could get hurt again and at this level, someone who is a backup who will give 100% effort should normally play over someone who doesn't. All should be SEC level players without much drop off once you have a program running like a title contender.

Lol. If the staff completely catered to the players, then Jalen would be running north-south like he did in Northwestern last year. I think they did that to appease him, because yes, he was very vocal about how much he disliked the offense. He stayed, but as you can see, nothing has changed. Butch will die with this offense. It revolves around the strengths of our QB. End of story.

And yes, Alvin didn't want to run up the middle. Did he? Sometimes, but not very often. Just because I write something that people don't like or don't want to read, it doesn't make it any less true.

Yes he was.

He's the best RB on the team.

He's picked up many 1st downs on the ground and recieving.

Not to mention he's been a dynamic PR.

He's the best Running back on the team.

Ok. That's why he's been on the field hardly at all the last 2 years? Why is that? I mean, he was our best back, right?

He'll be a great ST player or slot receiver in the league, but he's not taking an NFL beating every week. One of the reasons he wasn't on the field much at UT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Because Alvin was so significant in our 5 wins?

Whether he was running up the middle or not is irrelevant to this post. He was very significant in our wins.
I'm always one to defend Jalen but if you're just going to randomly take shots at Kamara, I don't see how that makes you any better than the ones that go after your nephew.

Reactions: 11 people
Ok. That's why he's been on the field hardly at all the last 2 years? Why is that? I mean, he was our best back, right?

He'll be a great ST player or slot receiver in the league, but he's not taking an NFL beating every week. One of the reasons he wasn't on the field much at UT.

Not on the field much? What games are you watching?

Kamara is tied for the team lead in receptions at 22 and second on the team in rushes at 64.

He had 107 rushes and 34 receptions last season.

Kamara's biggest problem is an offensive coordinator who has spent two seasons paying lip service to getting him the ball more but only has done it once which was due to injury with Jalen Hurd out.

Throw in some terrible offensive line play and it's a wonder Hurd, Dobbs, and Kamara get what they get.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Whether he was running up the middle or not is irrelevant to this post. He was very significant in our wins.
I'm always one to defend Jalen but if you're just going to randomly take shots at Kamara, I don't see how that makes you any better than the ones that go after your nephew.

I'm not taking shots at Alvin. I only stated that he was not our premiere back nor would he ever have been. It doesn't really have much to do with him running up the middle, but that certainly is a factor now that you mention it. He could not sustain the beating that is delivered week in week out with our lack of linemen. His legs were constantly injured with the little playing time that he got.

It's not a knock against him. It was one of the reasons that he didn't play a lot and would have never assumed carrying the bulk of the load on this team. Maybe another one, but not this one.

Last edited:
Not on the field much? What games are you watching?

Kamara is tied for the team lead in receptions at 22 and second on the team in rushes at 64.

He had 107 rushes and 34 receptions last season.

Kamara's biggest problem is an offensive coordinator who has spent two seasons paying lip service to getting him the ball more but only has done it once which was due to injury with Jalen Hurd out.

Throw in some terrible offensive line play and it's a wonder Hurd, Dobbs, and Kamara get what they get.

You just answered your own question. He'll be a great slot receiver. Lol.

Don't you think Jalen would be embarrased to call you his uncle after some of the stuff you post?

Should be interesting to see Hurd and Kamara in the NFL -- UT hasnt had a RB that excelled in the NFL since Foster

Lol. If the staff completely catered to the players, then Jalen would be running north-south like he did in Northwestern last year. I think they did that to appease him, because yes, he was very vocal about how much he disliked the offense. He stayed, but as you can see, nothing has changed. Butch will die with this offense. It revolves around the strengths of our QB. End of story.

And yes, Alvin didn't want to run up the middle. Did he? Sometimes, but not very often. Just because I write something that people don't like or don't want to read, it doesn't make it any less true.

Looked great doing it versus am. Shut up dad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
You just answered your own question. He'll be a great slot receiver. Lol.

Reading comprehension is not a strong suit for you is it? The only question I asked was what games have you been watching and you ignored it.

You stated he has barely been on the field for two seasons and I provide stats to prove he has been on the field quite a bit for this team.

And likely not as much as he needs to be.

But it's apparent any defense of Kamara will be taken by you as a shot at Hurd so it's a pointless discussion.

I personally think both Hurd and Kamara have been hamstrung by this offensive line and suspect play calling. There is room for both players on the team and there will be room for both of them in the NFL at running back as well though.

Too bad you can't rise above taking potshots at Kamara to prove your points whatever those may be though.

Have a good one.

Reactions: 8 people
I've been his uncle, mom, dad, best friend, friend of the family and prior coach. Volnation likes to troll itself apparently.

Well, I've never seen you do jack before to deny the uncle claim, but you post some information that should remain confidential when you get your feathers ruffled.

Reactions: 5 people
Yep, against that sh!t defense.

Hate to break it to you, but if you're putting up 700 yards of offense on any team, they're NOT very good. Ahaha.

I mean, Jalen's played some bad defenses over years and hasn't put up the stats Kamara did vs A&M.

And so you're not confused, I like Jalen, he'll always be a VFL. He'll be the leading rusher when he leaves and that's great.

Yep, against that sh!t defense.

Hate to break it to you, but if you're putting up 700 yards of offense on any team, they're NOT very good. Ahaha.

Did hurd do it against Ohio? I'm confused, you can't talk out of both sides of your mouth.
My point is to not rip Hurd bc it is evident he is struggle bussing this year, but to show you that you can't use opponent argument bc the same can be done for your boy.

I dig you think ahahaha is a cute ending to your retorts. Ahaha

Last edited:

I wonder what they will do in the NFL? Will they say that they dont like going up the middle when talking to NFL teams?

Reactions: 1 person
This is a good place to say this. I saw more creativity with the run game last year and not that much this year. That's been disappointing to me.

VN Store

Back