Game Thread Lady Vols vs Notre Dame

LOL I felt the same way!! :crazy:

I was so happy that shot went in! Because before that MeMe had a turnover and I just knew she would. But she redeemed herself. :)

Yep, and she nailed it. We had a number of missed opportunities as a team, but she nailed it when it counted most.

Good Lord was I about to flip my chair on that Jackson three at the end. I swear she had enough time to get out her phone and text whoever had the ball and tell them to pass it before they actually did so. Pfew! Close.

I was typing "damn, meme's back in" when she hit it. Fully expected a brick. Holly's best coaching decision tonight was playing the best players in the second half.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know what game you were watching, but MeMe was wide open on that three that she hit to give Tennessee the lead. I can't believe ND gave her that open a look.

ND had seen all the bricks Meme had been laying the last few games so she was the only one who should have been left open.

I don't know what game you were watching, but MeMe was wide open on that three that she hit to give Tennessee the lead. I can't believe ND gave her that open a look.

I think they just mixed up my post with Allen's three at the end. No biggie. We're all used to folks complaining about the team's mistakes round here, probably.

I couldn't believe they gave her that look, either. They did it again later but we were looking for something else inside. Still, it worked out!

I think Holly needs to go with Nunn over Middleton. Send Middleton a message she can't come in and play like she has been playing the last few games.

Reactions: 4 people
I was typing "damn, meme's back in" when she hit it. Fully expected a brick. Holly's best coaching decision tonight was playing the best players in the second half.

Agree and Nunn should be starting and playing more minutes from now on out.

ND had seen all the bricks Meme had been laying the last few games so she was the only one who should have been left open.

Maybe, but if a guard can't hit a three when they're that wide open, well - good thing we didn't have to find out what that would mean.

I'd probably play Dunbar over Middleton she didn't do anything tonight but she played five minutes without any goof ups.

Scouting should have shown that she loves that spot. She won't hurt you coming off a screen, but that corner 3 catch and shoot is nearly automatic for her.

Mabrey screwed up. She went to guard Diamond behind the arc when Young or Arike already covered her. That left MeMe wide open.

I haven't felt this good about a Lady Vol game in a while. I enjoyed the Stanford win and the Kentucky win but this comeback was the best win of the year.

Reactions: 7 people
I haven't felt this good about a Lady Vol game in a while. I enjoyed the Stanford win and the Kentucky win but this comeback was the best win of the year.

Stanford and Kentucky aren't that good, so it was misleading optimism.

Notre Dame is an elite team. This win means a lot.

Reactions: 2 people
They have given up in a few games this year but tonight they had that look in the last three minutes and I knew they had a chance.

Reactions: 4 people

Yes, we finally knocked off a heavyweight. I wonder what people's excuses will be for Notre Dame losing!? You know they're coming! Lol smh

VN Store

Back