Game Thread Lady Vols vs Notre Dame

They have given up in a few games this year but tonight they had that look in the last three minutes and I knew they had a chance.

They actually shot the ball well the entire game. The difference was that they tightened their defense and shut down Notre Dame's backdoor cut parade.

how many times coachJ ask holly to call a T O. Smallvol?

:)

First half when they went on that double digit run...very unhappy. Second half he was doing serious coaching...fortunately holly listened to his advice. He and TO made the right calls...I was so nervous just about sick.

My unsung hero, welcome to Vol Country Ms Nunn, playing physically tough defense, led by DD won this game for us. Great win for our program on a night when all of our former lady Vol players were in the house representing Pat!! Coach Warlick, the game changed when you had Russell and Nunn in at the same time HELLO!!!!! This game was also great for recruiting, another top 3 class is on its way for 2018!!

Reactions: 4 people
I criticize Holly when we lose so I must give credit where credit is due. Good Job Holly and staff! Congrats Lady Vols! I'm hoping this is a turn around for the Lady Vols. The look in Diamond's eyes reminds me of the intensity and confidence she played with in High School and AAU. I'm hoping we can build on this win.

Reactions: 5 people
My unsung hero, welcome to Vol Country Ms Nunn, playing physically tough defense, led by DD won this game for us. Great win for our program on a night when all of our former lady Vol players were in the house representing Pat!! Coach Warlick, the game changed when you had Russell and Nunn in at the same time HELLO!!!!! This game was also great for recruiting, another top 3 class is on its way for 2018!!

I was thinking the same thing...those minutes by Nunn were key! I've described Nunn as "average" on the past. Tonight, she rose above average and played elite!

Hard for me to believe this was our team. We lost to freaking Ole Miss and just beat the number six team in the Nation.

This is a completely different team on the road.they have won one game .....at Vandy ....this year with the rest being losses .Lets see if they can build on this win.

impressive win by the LV's. That's the intensity they need for 40 minutes a game to keep Holly in the seat. Hope this is the turning point for the program this season.

Reactions: 2 people
This is a completely different team on the road.they have won one game .....at Vandy ....this year with the rest being losses .Lets see if they can build on this win.

it does piss me off the way they play at times
they can do so much better

Watching this game i have had some bad things going on in my personal life. And as i was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for another disappointing loss. I admit i almost lost it. This victory meant so much to this fanbase. Im still in shock. Thank you Lady Vols. Thank you Holly. And thank you Lady Vols fans for being the best all around group another fan could ask for. This was We Back Pat nite. And i for one felt like she was with us tonight. Im just so dang emotionally ecstatic for this win tonight. I love this University and Lady Vols team so much. Great win. Hell of a game.

Reactions: 9 people
Good win by the Lady Vols. Looks like there still some fight in 'em yet.

Completely unrelated, but how the heck is Virginia Tech not in the top 10 w/ a 16-1 record? Seems strange, even if their SOS isn't that strong they should've been locked into the top 10 w/ that record.

VN Store

Back