Over/Under 7.5 wins (ESPN)

By that logic, you think Florida SHOULD have won against us last year? They were ahead 21-3 midway through the 3rd quarter, after all.

Fact is, both 2015 and 2016, against Oklahoma once and Florida both seasons, either we or they COULD have won, and the only one that SHOULD have was the one that did...we were that closely matched.

p.s. Weren't we in the Swamp 2 years ago against Florida? Pretty sure we were. Home against Oklahoma, but away vs. Florida.

Yes they should have. I was is Seward, AK that day. Caught the game at lunch (halftime) before heading to the glacier. Had no idea we won until hours later. Couldn't believe it. Do teams lose games they shouldn't? All the time. Does it make it any better or easier to accept? Not at all.

2 years ago (season wise) was 2014 where we up 9-0 and lost 10-9, AT HOME

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Yes they should have. I was is Seward, AK that day. Caught the game at lunch (halftime) before heading to the glacier. Had no idea we won until hours later. Couldn't believe it. Do teams lose games they shouldn't? All the time. Does it make it any better or easier to accept? Not at all.

I think you mean three seasons ago, '14 ('16 was last season, '15 was two seasons ago).

In any case, we'll have to disagree about what we mean by the word "should," I guess. When two teams come into the game evenly matched, neither one of them can count on winning; either COULD win, but neither SHOULD. That's how I'm using the word. I understand you're using it differently.

Cheers. Go Vols!

The famous "F U Florida" chant. Memories.

I remember the guy beside me saying, that's cute and all but they just beat us again.

No lie. The only thing that would actually surprise me this year is if we were to beat Bama.

All we gonna do is win ! This is the year that will propel us to dominate Cfb! Jones recruits like a mad man and we haven't had a great season in a while. When we win the Cfp this year we will start our domination of fricken bama and Cfb! Go VOLS! Undefeated !

I think you mean three seasons ago, '14 ('16 was last season, '15 was two seasons ago).

In any case, we'll have to disagree about what we mean by the word "should," I guess. When two teams come into the game evenly matched, neither one of them can count on winning; either COULD win, but neither SHOULD. That's how I'm using the word. I understand you're using it differently.

Cheers. Go Vols!

Regardless of the number of seasons ago, I meant the darn home game. :)

Could, should, would and ifs and buts.

I don't see why so many people are scared of Ga Tech.

I see toss ups as : LSU, florida and uga.

And Bama being the only game where TN is clearly the underdog.

I see 8-9 wins in regular season but hoping for more.

I have said it several times but the Hurd situation and injuries were the major reasons for the losses last year (not coaching). Let's hope this team gels and no major injuries.

I have said it several times but the Hurd situation and injuries were the major reasons for the losses last year (not coaching). Let's hope this team gels and no major injuries.

Coaching is the reason the Hurd "situation" was a distraction. It should have never gotten to that point!

Reactions: 2 people
Coaching is the reason the Hurd "situation" was a distraction. It should have never gotten to that point!

I'm in the belief that the Hurd situation was the biggest factor in the SC loss. I know I'm in the minority and that's fine.

I absolutely agree that Butch is responsible for letting it get to that point and that's my biggest, not only, issue with him at this point.

VN Store

Back