Over/Under 7.5 wins (ESPN)

How I see it

Wins: Indiana State, UMass, SC, UK, Southern Miss, Mizzou, Vandy

Toss ups: GT, FLA, UGA

Losses: Bama, LSU

That's 7 wins w/o the toss ups, so I can see getting the over

We beat GATech.... And besides it just being a heated rivalry game, I don't know why folks think FL is going to be so good? They are breaking in a newer QB and lost a ton of talent on D.....

We beat GATech.... And besides it just being a heated rivalry game, I don't know why folks think FL is going to be so good? They are breaking in a newer QB and lost a ton of talent on D.....

Probably because Florida was breaking in new qbs each of CJM's first two seasons and still won the SECe both years. And Florida always has a strong defense, a "ton of losses" notwithstanding.

Reactions: 1 person
Florida could start their cheerleaders on both sides of the ball and the mascot as QB and I would be concerned. They are in my head, if no one else's. Coarksoakers.

Probably because Florida was breaking in new qbs each of CJM's first two seasons and still won the SECe both years. And Florida always has a strong defense, a "ton of losses" notwithstanding.

Do you believe that Florida's Defense will be that good this year as well? Just wondering, i think they have to have some drop off atleast in the Secondary!

FL hasn't been good before, yet we've found ways to lose. 12 losses in the last 13 games will make it a toss up.

Reactions: 2 people
Rember this about Florida guys... They will always field a competative simply because they have the talent numbers. Even when they had Ron Zook they were better than average and beat us.

Do you believe that Florida's Defense will be that good this year as well? Just wondering, i think they have to have some drop off atleast in the Secondary!

No idea. I hope they crater and are one of the worst defenses in modern college football history.

Question is, given the poor circumstances that Florida has found themselves in each of McElwain's first 2 seasons, when they still represented the East in the SECCG, will it even matter?

UF shouldn't be as good as they were on defense last year, but some of that is speculation.

UF hasn't fielded a good team in years. Maybe this is the year everybody falls off enough.:)

Rember this about Florida guys... They will always field a competative simply because they have the talent numbers. Even when they had Ron Zook they were better than average and beat us.

Zook could get players, he just didn't know what to do after that.

it could have more wins or losses than people think. i could make a good case on both sides. it should not take long to find out . GT , FL, GA will be close calls . Tennessee will be slight under dogs in all 3. they could be 0-3 or 3-0 . 3-0 they have the big MO for a grate season. 0-3 and they could do that even with a good team .it could be a death nail for the rest of the year, lets hope for 3-0

it could have more wins or losses than people think. i could make a good case on both sides. it should not take long to find out . GT , FL, GA will be close calls . Tennessee will be slight under dogs in all 3. they could be 0-3 or 3-0 . 3-0 they have the big MO for a grate season. 0-3 and they could do that even with a good team .it could be a death nail for the rest of the year, lets hope for 3-0

We're gonna beat Florida and Georgia....McElwain walked into a very talented roster...but he's lost 15 players to the NFL draft...I know some Gators believe he's got the same level of talent but I don't believe it...I think we go into the swamp and dominate them for 4 quarters instead of just 2....

Last edited:

I'm no grammar nazi, this is just too much fun to pass by. So, my apologies in advance for teasing. :)

• "more wins or more losses than people think" = we're gonna sneak in a 13th regular season game...shhh, don't tell the NCAA.
  • "a grate season" = I think this means, like playing out in the street, with the storm drains and the grates covering them, our lads are gonna play loose and relaxed
  • "death nail" = cigarettes? "nails in your coffin"?

Let's see...so...cigarettes...playing in the street...sneaking in a 13th game...sounds like we're going gangsta in 2017!

All in good fun, no insult intended. :good!:

UF shouldn't be as good as they were on defense last year, but some of that is speculation.

UF hasn't fielded a good team in years. Maybe this is the year everybody falls off enough.:)

I think they were 5th in the country in total defense last year that is a pretty good team all things considered, there offense didn't have to score much, since their defense stopped the opponent most of the time.

I think they were 5th in the country in total defense last year that is a pretty good team all things considered, there offense didn't have to score much, since their defense stopped the opponent most of the time.

They went 9-4 and lost by 10, 18, 21, and whatever Bama decided was enough.

I'm no grammar nazi, this is just too much fun to pass by. So, my apologies in advance for teasing. :)

• "more wins or more losses than people think" = we're gonna sneak in a 13th regular season game...shhh, don't tell the NCAA.
  • "a grate season" = I think this means, like playing out in the street, with the storm drains and the grates covering them, our lads are gonna play loose and relaxed
  • "death nail" = cigarettes? "nails in your coffin"?

Let's see...so...cigarettes...playing in the street...sneaking in a 13th game...sounds like we're going gangsta in 2017!

All in good fun, no insult intended. :good!:

I see what you did there!

Ifall you have is grammar, everything looks like a knell.

That's not directed against you 82 (or anyone) and it is meant in good fun (or bad pun). :loco:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitely OVER 7.5

Would love 15-0 and I'm sure that's the goal, but I'd put money on 8+ (8+ covers 15 so it's not negative).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back