will we have to go with Guarantano to run the ball

Reactions: 1 person
We have one proven RB and an o-line that we hope will be better. I think the best thing we can do is have the QB in that gives us the best chance to have an effective and consistent passing game to back defenses off. That would take pressure off the running game to not have to carry the load initially.
Hopefully some of our unproven RB's will develop as the year goes on and we can become a balanced attack on offense.
I think Dormady gives us the best chance in the passing game

G looked kinda skidish in the spring game.

He did, but his entire spring wasn't like that. In fact, he performed as well as or better than QD for the majority of spring training. I think a lot of fans are unaware of just how close the competition for the starting job is, based mainly off the spring game alone.

I really wouldn't be surprised if either one of them won the job, it really is that close.

Agree. Defenses knew Worley wasn't really going anywhere.

We still had a really respectable run game in 2013 though, even with a passing game that was severely lacking.

OL is the key. If they can play up to their potential this year, the run game can thrive with anyone at QB. If they continue to underperform, then we probably will need a true DT QB to keep defenses honest.

Are Forgiven and D4H the same person?

I am pretty certain yes. If you go back and read all the interactions throughout this thread it makes complete sense.

It would seem Forgiven is a less intelligent alter-ego meant to highlight and combatent D4H's lunatic assumptions and evaluations. (no offense)

Reactions: 3 people
Behind the o-line we've had the last 3 years, it's definitely necessary. Do you remember what the offense was like in 2014 before Dobbs took over?

Unless you think the guys who were terrible the last couple of years along the offensive line are suddenly gonna get better this year, we'll need the threat of the QB run to keep defensive line's honest. Otherwise they'll be rushing like mad after our QB if he's a statue in the pocket.

Its not 2014 anymore. A lot has changed.

I am pretty certain yes. If you go back and read all the interactions throughout this thread it makes complete sense.

It would seem Forgiven is a less intelligent alter-ego meant to highlight and combatent D4H's lunatic assumptions and evaluations. (no offense)

I don't think so.

the only thing that makes sense is that you do not have any

QD is capable of picking up 5,6,7 and getting a critical first down, he also has a pretty big and accurate arm. Dobbs could pick up 16 on a busted play, break tackles and bust one for 60, and in my opinion JG is more like Dobbs as far as a runner. JG also has a pretty big arm, but I'm not sure about his accuracy and timing is where it needs to be yet. The QB battle is going to be interesting for sure!

Yeah I was drinking pretty heavy last night sorry for the strong worded posts. Nobody here is stupid... ya'll are just stubborn and like to start my motor running sometimes. It's just football.

IMO QD and JG are almost identical with the exception that JG gets flustered because things don't happen like he wants them to. That could just be a byproduct of youth. It does come across as "skiddish" but he's the ultimate competitor that gets frustrated when things don't go like he wants is what I read and see.

Yeah I was drinking pretty heavy last night sorry for the strong worded posts. Nobody here is stupid... ya'll are just stubborn and like to start my motor running sometimes. It's just football.

IMO QD and JG are almost identical with the exception that JG gets flustered because things don't happen like he wants them to. That could just be a byproduct of youth. It does come across as "skiddish" but he's the ultimate competitor that gets frustrated when things don't go like he wants is what I read and see.
all three QBs we have are talented. the true freshman may be the best of all three. QD will start . the point i was trying to make is we are very thin at running back. would we have to use JG to kick start the running game.

Its his drunk alter ego

Exactly. "U know nothing, Dog". As Ygritte, from "Games of Thrones" would say to me. Although, I was wrong about the day, Lyn-J did eventually commit. I, also think Cam Jones and Shocky will eventually commit to UT. But, I know what u mean, charger.

Btw, how u feeling? Were u able to finally get to eat some ice chips and hopefully, some real food? Best wishes and I hope u get to come home soon

Everything moved quickly after I was able to consume liquids. Real food and finally back home with my family. The concern is always appreciated. Thank you.

Still have to focus on your misses though, just because I want JG to have success here also. Seems like such a good, hardworking and focused kid.

What evidence do you have to base that on? Other than Trey Smith coming in, we'll be playing the same guys who were god awful last year.

I made the mistake last year of thinking experience would improve the offensive line. It didn't help last year. They were actually worse in 2016 than they were in 2015.

"should be" is not saying "will". we're 2 deep at every position. and it has the makings of what an SEC o line should look like.

if that's what happens....then this O line will definitely be the best one we've had since 13, and i'll just say that i think having a qb like QD and what could be a more reliable running game from the RB position, could really, actually, help the O Line.

as great as Dobbs was, let's not pretend that you can just rely on your qb breaking 30+ yard runs on as regular a basis as Dobbs did. and the majority of those runs were NOT by design.

i think this offense will "look" more like what an offense is supposed to look, and not depend on the big/spectacular play to be effective.

this offense will probably be more deliberate, will probably be geared to move the chains, and possess the ball a bit more than what we saw the last two years.

in that regard, i think that will definitely help the o line.

but as with everything in July.....it's always ifs.

as for the mistake you made last year...it's not the only one....

Last edited:

VN Store

Back