will we have to go with Guarantano to run the ball

this is not a court room . it is a forum where fans share ideas. if you do not like my ideas i am ok with that. there are no shortage of treads for you to express your self on. try one

Well, I've taken a liking to this one... and particularly because you keep digging. By this point, an honest person would have realized they were wrong and stopped pushing the point. A wise person would have said, "You know, maybe you guys are right".

The only question is how foolishly ignorant you are willing to look before you give up.

You DON'T know. None of us do. Even those on the team and the coaches don't know for sure how either will react in a game situation or how effective they'll be. We are certain that QD is significantly bigger which usually implies more strength and power. We are fairly certain from reports that they have similar straight line speed.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah... and I keep finding those people and pointing them out.

The craziest part to me - His threads, no matter which 'his' we're talking about, have the most replies and stay atop the boards.
Somehow, it's provoking conversation and even seeing posters that usually disagree.. agree.
Maybe not crazy but funny at least.

Well, I've taken a liking to this one... and particularly because you keep digging. By this point, an honest person would have realized they were wrong and stopped pushing the point. A wise person would have said, "You know, maybe you guys are right".

The only question is how foolishly ignorant you are willing to look before you give up.

You DON'T know. None of us do. Even those on the team and the coaches don't know for sure how either will react in a game situation or how effective they'll be. We are certain that QD is significantly bigger which usually implies more strength and power. We are fairly certain from reports that they have similar straight line speed.
play nice

The craziest part to me - His threads, no matter which 'his' we're talking about, have the most replies and stay atop the boards.
Somehow, it's provoking conversation and even seeing posters that usually disagree.. agree.
is that not the idea of the forum to provoking conversation and have a little fun at it..

Post provoking posts are the key ingredient to a trolls business.

Many are here to have fun talking Vol football. Others are here to have fun at the expense of Vol football.

What buggs me is the "Vol" fans that have their fun at the expense of our players, coaches, and program. I've got no use for any of that, allow the dawgs, gators, and bammers to do their best to discount the Vols, not our own under the guise of being realistic.

i am saying we may or may not need one this year. we have the best OL in the SEC

We need a QB that can read a defense and either:

Give to the RB.

Keep and run.

Pass the the open receiver.

Execute a called run, keep, or pass.

Even with the greatest line of all, when our QB has to decide keep or give, based off what the DE does(He can't do both.) or who the FS covers(He can't cover both.) but decides wrong, it makes the line look bad or the receiver look bad on the field, but the QB look bad in the film room.

But yes, maybe so or maybe so.

He did, but his entire spring wasn't like that. In fact, he performed as well as or better than QD for the majority of spring training. I think a lot of fans are unaware of just how close the competition for the starting job is, based mainly off the spring game alone.

I really wouldn't be surprised if either one of them won the job, it really is that close.

Where did you read he performed better than Dormady at any point during the spring? I know it's a close competition but don't pull statements out of your ass to promote the guy you want to win.

we had to go to a running QB in the past to have a good running game. will history repeat

It's really this simple. Does QD throw that much better and run good enough or does JG run that much better and throw good enough?

IMHO I want the the QB to throw that much better and run good enough and right now that is QD. We have running backs to run the ball. John Kelly is a beast and CFA and Chandler is outstanding plus just because Josh Dobbs was durable does not mean JG will be.

QD should start until he gets BEAT out for the spot. He's done his time and deserves a shot.

;-)

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 2 people
Post provoking posts are the key ingredient to a trolls business.

Many are here to have fun talking Vol football. Others are here to have fun at the expense of Vol football.

What buggs me is the "Vol" fans that have their fun at the expense of our players, coaches, and program. I've got no use for any of that, allow the dawgs, gators, and bammers to do their best to discount the Vols, not our own under the guise of being realistic.

Maybe it's in perception.

All I see is a group of Vol fans that have been at each others throats for months, joining together defending Dormady.
But I'm definitely a glass half full kinda guy so whatever.

If your offensive plan doesn't include frequent QB runs, you won't win in the 21st Century SEC.
Had Brent Schaeffer stayed in school, Fulmer would have 3 more NC rings.

it's really this simple. Does qd throw that much better and run good enough or does jg run that much better and throw good enough?

Imho i want the the qb to throw that much better and run good enough and right now that is qd. We have running backs to run the ball. John kelly is a beast and cfa and chandler is outstanding plus just because josh dobbs was durable does not mean jg will be.

Qd should start until he gets beat out for the spot. He's done his time and deserves a sho

;-)

tennesseeduke
well said

Maybe it's in perception.

All I see is a group of Vol fans that have been at each others throats for months, joining together defending Dormady.
But I'm definitely a glass half full kinda guy so whatever.

I'm in.

As a fan base we have turned a corner and have united.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back