The Official #18 Tennessee @ Georgia Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Ive said many times that realistic expectations for this program was 20 wins and a NCAA tourney berth.

This team was picked 13th out of 14 teams in our conference and is gonna reach both of those goals.

I cant complain much.

That's not saying much when you're fading...when you should be getting hot.

How this team is playing, they are going to get bounced early in the SEC/NCAA tournament.

Hey dumbass, stop looking at the record and LOOK on how they are playing down the stretch

They have won 8 out of 10 games bauce.

Barnes is coaching on borrowed time if he doesn't start recruiting some Top 100 players. Other coaches/teams in this conference, yes, even Vanderbilt, are signing top 20 players while Barnes sits back and rests on his laurels trying to coach up 3* players. We see what happens when our diamond in the rough 3* Williams goes against length and athleticism . He becomes a non factor. Two weeks in a row now.

I just don’t buy that...it was 1 fluke against UK, we beat them twice and we are in 2nd place in the SEC 3/4 of the way through the season. You would think people would’ve watched UK this year and realized simply adding a couple 5* freshman doesn’t mean you’re a Top 10 team.

I’m not one to cry conspiracy, but this happened about 5 minutes before tipoff, and they were messing with our goal. Now whatever they done I’m sure they fixed during halftime, but I was getting my wife more sprite. I’m going with this as to why we shot so bad anyway 😁.

Attachments

• AA59F78E-6D86-4948-BC22-7D639E4C9356.jpg
    AA59F78E-6D86-4948-BC22-7D639E4C9356.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: 2 people
Well, if he had the talent to be a factor game in, game out He wouldn't need a redshirt.... right TGO?

Last edited:
in typical Tennessee fashion, regardless of sport, we begin our end of season nosedive. right on queue.

Tenn cup syndrome. Like you said....regardless of the sport, this is UT. They'll find a way to fook things up. I've said it before....UT fans are like Charlie Brown thinking Lucy is finally going to let him kick that damned football. Never happens and he ends up on his back thinking how could he be so stupid to have believed in fools gold. We will find a way to piss away all the hard work of this season in the last half dozen games...in the easiest part of the schedule! It's UT. It's what we do.

Reactions: 1 person
When there are only 4 upper class men on the 13 man roster, red shirting somebody is a valid tactic.

Right, but what I am saying is that if he had the talent to avg. 8ppg and 6 or 7rpg., you meaning to tell me you'll sit that guy and play somebody like Fulk? All I am saying if Kent had the talent to make an significant impact RIGHT NOW he wouldn't need a redshirt.

Right, but what I am saying is that if he had the talent to avg. 8ppg and 6 or 7rpg., you meaning to tell me you'll sit that guy and play somebody like Fulk? All I am saying if Kent had the talent to make an significant impact RIGHT NOW he wouldn't need a redshirt.

Walker is the green, backup freshman post player that's getting the minutes this year. 18/19 year old post players that can compete with 21/22 year old SEC post players are extremely rare. Two of the other 3 players classified as freshmen can't take a RS... so it's basically RS either Walker, Pons, or Kent or keep the classes terribly out of balance.

Walker is the green, backup freshman post player that's getting the minutes this year. 18/19 year old post players that can compete with 21/22 year old SEC post players are extremely rare. Two of the other 3 players classified as freshmen can't take a RS... so it's basically RS either Walker, Pons, or Kent or keep the classes terribly out of balance.
Agreed. Simple question.This is the point I am trying to make. (Hypothetically speaking)If Kent had the natural talent to avg. 8 ppg and 6 rpg and make an impact right now... would you redshirt him? Yes or no?

Last edited:
BTW, Kent must have an incapacitating illness or injury. He's already played and therefore can't take a RS.

I thought Barnes said they were working on it.
https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Bolt/Vols-working-on-redshirt-for-freshman-forward-Zach-Kent-115040294

Last edited:
Invalid question. 8 ppg would be 5th highest and 6 rpg would be 2nd.

But that's the kind of talent and impact that would win is these kinds of games instead these undersized or undeveloped guys Barnes keeps bringing in. Agree, if not tell me the numbers you expect from a talented big guy that supposed to make an immediate impact?

Last edited:
But that's the kind of talent and impact that would win is these kinds of games instead these undersized or undeveloped guys Barnes keeps bringing in. Agree, if not tell me your expected numbers from a talented big guy?

Fully developed, man-child, talented BB players were never coming to the dumpster-fire TN program that had questions about getting to the NIT. Barnes has done a great job getting the mess fixed. Better players will come on board with consistent invitations to the NCAAT.

Fully developed, man-child, talented BB players were never coming to the dumpster-fire TN program that had questions about getting to the NIT. Barnes has done a great job getting the mess fixed. Better players will come on board with consistent invitations to the NCAAT.

Once again I agree. But answer this...do you expect a legit 4* or 5* that Barnes recruited to sit on the bench and redshirt or make an immediate impact on this team?

Last edited:
I just don’t buy that...it was 1 fluke against UK, we beat them twice and we are in 2nd place in the SEC 3/4 of the way through the season. You would think people would’ve watched UK this year and realized simply adding a couple 5* freshman doesn’t mean you’re a Top 10 team.

UK starts 5 freshmen. That's not the answer. Mixing in one or two 4 and 5 star players with some upperclassmen is what I am talking about. We don't have a super star " go to" type player on our roster which means we lose games like we did today when we can't buy a basket.

Two days ago, Barnes was the top of the list of "Coach of the Year". We lose to Georgia and some people are saying Barnes can't recruit--trying to say he isn't a good coach, etc.

Tennessee Vols Basketball: SI.com names Rick Barnes as coach of year candidate

Let's see how we finish before talking about COY. Barnes needs to make much better coaching decisions, especially with his rotations ( point guard being the main one) or we could easily lose 3 of the next 4 games.

VN Store

Back