'19 GA LB Jamie Pettway (Missouri signee)

Pruitt wearing orange?!?!?

Fake news!
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Reactions: 2 people
albany, ga. Linebacker jamie pettway was one of a handful of prospects in knoxville over the weekend to check out tennessee. The 6-2, 235 pound linebacker left rocky top impressed with what he saw.

“it was good,” pettway said. “it was my first time up there. It's a great university. I love the facilities and the coaching staff. “it was a perfect experience. The people there love football. They have a great environment. I know the program hasn't been winning as much but they are turning things around you can see that.”

tennessee offered pettway a couple of months ago by head coach jeremy pruitt. Co-defensive coordinator kevin scherer is pettway's lead recruiter. “it's real comforting that the coordinator and the coach who would be my position coach is recruiting me. They really like my size. They also like my hunger and passion for the game.” in addition to seeing all of the vol facilities pettway saw tennessee's second scrimmage saturday night. “it was important to see it,” pettway said. “i was watching my position mostly and i feel i can play there.”

next week, pettway is heading back to georgia for the bulldogs spring game. He will also go back to see south carolina again and will at some point return to rocky top. Pettway isn't sure when he will start taking official visits but hasn't ruled out summer trips. “i wasn't planning on taking one till my senior year. I will probably take some sooner and later,” pettway said. “at some point i will for sure be back at tennessee.”

while pettway tries to figure out a recruiting map, he does know what he's looking for in his future home. “i want a a place with a home environment,” pettway said. “also, how i relate to the coaching staff is important.”

- vq

Reactions: 6 people
For some reason I got added to a Twitter chat group with a bunch of USC “graphic designers” and they all think he’s a Cock lock. I seriously cannot fathom why’ve they think that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For some reason I got added to a Twitter chat group with a bunch of USC “graphic designers” and they all think he’s a Cock lock. I seriously cannot fathom why’ve they think that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because they are, by far, the most delusional fans in the SEC. Many really think they’re winning the East this year, when they should be focusing on ending that 4 game losing streak to Kentucky.

Reactions: 2 people
Three-star linebacker Jamie Pettway of Albany, Ga., was high on Tennessee even before visiting the Vols on Saturday, but the Vols made a strong impression on him during his weekend trip to Knoxville. He now has family ties to Tennessee’s staff — his cousin, former Alabama defensive lineman DJ Pettway, now is a defensive quality control analyst on Pruitt’s staff — and the Vols appear to be high on his list, along with South Carolina. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Pettway is being recruited by Tennessee as a projected inside linebacker, and he appears to be a legitimate option for the Vols who could be a good fit for their 3-4 defense.

- Callahan

Reactions: 7 people
Because they are, by far, the most delusional fans in the SEC. Many really think they’re winning the East this year, when they should be focusing on ending that 4 game losing streak to Kentucky.

They can be awful. I lurk on other boards occasionally for insight when I run out of threads here, and wow... they are not only severely delusional (don't get me wrong, I know we suck lately) but they are also some of the most hateful fans I have ever seen post.

Any time a player, even an Tennessee prospect picks us over them, they automatically assume we're cheating because no one would ever pick trashy, dumpy Knoxville over Columbia... apparently.

They can be awful. I lurk on other boards occasionally for insight when I run out of threads here, and wow... they are not only severely delusional (don't get me wrong, I know we suck lately) but they are also some of the most hateful fans I have ever seen post.

Any time a player, even an Tennessee prospect picks us over them, they automatically assume we're cheating because no one would ever pick trashy, dumpy Knoxville over Columbia... apparently.

we do the same thing. it's not like i've never seen someone trash Tuscaloosa or Gainesville, or seen a pic of a dodge charger when someone pics Bama.......

every SEC fan base does it, except maybe Bama, and GA of late, seeing as how they've done ok at getting who they want.

we do the same thing. it's not like i've never seen someone trash Tuscaloosa or Gainesville, or seen a pic of a dodge charger when someone pics Bama.......

every SEC fan base does it, except maybe Bama, and GA of late, seeing as how they've done ok at getting who they want.

Even though those two are inferior to Knoxville (Gainesville, in particular), with Bama, what can you even say at this point? And I honestly can’t remember the last time we lost a recruit we REALLY wanted to UF. We don’t battle them for recruits much. Maybe Fred “Busch Beer” Hansard, but that’s all that comes to mind.

Even though those two are inferior to Knoxville (Gainesville, in particular), with Bama, what can you even say at this point? And I honestly can’t remember the last time we lost a recruit we REALLY wanted to UF. We don’t battle them for recruits much. Maybe Fred “Busch Beer” Hansard, but that’s all that comes to mind.

seems like there was a DL we wanted two years ago that wound up there late. Conliffe or something like that? But yeah we really don't fight over guys too much.

copeland last year comes to mind. and i'm not saying it's good or bad, just that it's not exclusive to USCe.

copeland last year comes to mind. and i'm not saying it's good or bad, just that it's not exclusive to USCe.

Ooh, Copeland did hurt. Not gonna lie.

Auburn is the main subject of ridicule lately, though, which is pretty self-explanatory. I can name a lot more guys we’ve lost to Auburn or UGA than our other rivals. Anyone can, I bet.

Ooh, Copeland did hurt. Not gonna lie.

Auburn is the main subject of ridicule lately, though, which is pretty self-explanatory. I can name a lot more guys we’ve lost to Auburn or UGA than our other rivals. Anyone can, I bet.
no disagreement there.

VN Store

Back