Volman365's Takeaways From Game

With as in on the same field. A thought typo, not hard to do. I am sure you have made a mistake a couple of times
Like I said earlier... you are wrong on everything. Obviously, Ty needs to get the ball more but every single one of your evaluations and takeaways are just stupid.

Reactions: Jnunn
300 pounders hitting you from behind , and being clotheslined 6 0r7times a game would take a toll on any QB.
But, unfortunately for his points, jg hasnt had his thin hips or tiny shoulders wrecked, so there is no evidence to his absolutely retarded claim as if he is some evolutionary physiology doctor.

1. Ty Chandler is a Heisman ability back but our staff is enamored with "spreading" the ball around to other backs throughout the game. It is very frustrating as he can and will be a stud in the league. Think Kamara on steroids.
2. 79 plays in a modern football game is not much for a defense to play. Its not ideal but definitely not a ridiculous number and not an excuse to give up 50.
3. From a pure physiological standpoint, KC is much better equipped to take the beating that our Oline allows our QBs to take.
4. We can and will beat Vandy if Ty is featured almost exclusively, the others are simply mop up type players.
5. There is NO way Missiouri has a night and day better roster of talent with the last 4 or 5 classes they have brought in, simply NO WAY.
6. We will win 10 next year if we play Shrout and feature Chandler.

Ok:

1. He is a very good back and maybe behind a better OL he can be top 3 in the SEC, but comparing him to Kamara right now is asinine. Kamara is all-pro and had touchdown ability every time he got the ball. He never got enough touches.
2. A lot of that 50 was because Keller Chryst and our offense consistently put Missouri's offense in great field position.
3. If KC took the hits JG took all year he would be in the same situation. No QB is built to take the amount of hits JG has taken. Even Cam Newton, one of the toughest SoB's you'll see who takes an absolute beating just because of his size, misses time due to getting hit.
4. I agree that Ty always needs to be a primary feature of this offense, but we have skilled players on the perimeter. Its hard to get them the ball when your QB has 0.2 seconds to throw. We need to come up with other creative ways to get them the ball, which Helton has done throughout the season with sweeps, screens and other similar plays.
5. Yes they do. You are ignoring severe attrition and lack of development on our roster. There is a reason we are starting two freshman CB's (who are rated two of the best four in the country as freshman, btw). Its easy to go look at our recruiting classes and say we should be good. Its harder to actually be realistic and see that 5*'s like Drew Richmond simply haven't developed the way they should. And that has happened all over this roster. The difference is Missouri has had solid recruiting classes, has kept those players on campus and has DEVELOPED those players. That's what a real football staff brings to the table. They are also senior-laden with a QB who will get drafted in the first few rounds. You are simply ignoring the facts if you think Mizzou's roster isn't in a much better place than ours, this year.
6. How can you possibly know this about Shrout? The guy has never taken a SNAP as a college QB. People have said the same thing over the years about JG, Dobbs, Peterman, Riley Ferguson, etc. etc. etc...

The fact of the matter is we are thin and lack elite talent on both O Line and D Line, and we are getting ready to lose every single D Line starter. To win in the SEC you have to win in the trenches. This has been proven year after year after year (Alabama, Auburn, Florida and LSU all have had elite OL and DL talent when they win SEC and National Titles). Look at what Kirby Smart inherited. He walked into a room with high-level SEC starters and several NFL players on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Pruitt did not have that luxury. That's the difference right now.

Reactions: EZE
I watched more arm tackles, whiffs, and whoops on D to last a full season,maybe a career of a young football player. Costly penalties and players not on the same page continues. Hoping we beat Vandy. Maybe we can get to the Music City Bowl. Drew Lock played lights out. They have a senior O line and they played really well. Finally, being able to wrap your arm around the QB’s neck and rip him to the ground is a lot more serious injury than some of these other targeting calls.

I've pretty much decided between this and the Pruitt show thread that these low post wonders starting threads are Russian trolls practicing their divisive techniques for the next election.

I've pretty much decided between this and the Pruitt show thread that these low post wonders starting threads are Russian trolls practicing their divisive techniques for the next election.
Definitely, cause "Russians" are the reason that people dont buy the Clinton fraud. 🙄

Take out the outliers and the true story going forward is told. There is no excuse for the outlying mistakes but it gives you a better idea where we are as a team. Take out the intentional head pounding of JG (it was a dirty play) and the two horrible mistakes and I think this game ends up somewhere around 36-20 or 36-24 which would not have raised as many eyebrows. They were better than us but not THAT much better. The score was an outlier like the Florida game. Don't get me wrong, we were going to lose both games no matter what but bat crap crazy stuff happened in both. I think our record is VERY indicative of our quality this year more so than the 50-17 loss. We are truly a 5-6 SEC 2 win team right now. We have made moderate improvements this year all around and I'm proud of our team for taking some steps forward. This Vandy game is so, so important because as it sometimes goes in the SEC, this game MUST be won in order to seal the deal on a successful season. I guess what I'm saying is we are a 6-6 team and now we have to go out and prove it. I think we will vs. a decent Vandy team.

He is much more physical in natural stature. JG is tough, but he has narrow shoulders and hips, he will always get injured.

Can you explain Peyton Manning’s physiology and his ability to play for so long? Drew Brees? Warren Moon? Doug Flutie... there is a long list of prominent QB’s that aren’t in line of a Cam Newton or Andrew Luck-type physical stature, (and both of these guys missed time with injuries).

it seems to me that there is a direct correlation of QB injury to the O-lines ability to protect, regardless of how narrow the QB’s arse is.

Reactions: BloomuVol
Can you explain Peyton Manning’s physiology and his ability to play for so long? Drew Brees? Warren Moon? Doug Flutie... there is a long list of prominent QB’s that aren’t in line of a Cam Newton or Andrew Luck-type physical stature, (and both of these guys missed time with injuries).

it seems to me that there is a direct correlation of QB injury to the O-lines ability to protect, regardless of how narrow the QB’s arse is.
Peyton is 6'5, 240

VN Store

Back