Volman365's Takeaways From Game

1. Ty Chandler is a Heisman ability back but our staff is enamored with "spreading" the ball around to other backs throughout the game. It is very frustrating as he can and will be a stud in the league. Think Kamara on steroids.
2. 79 plays in a modern football game is not much for a defense to play. Its not ideal but definitely not a ridiculous number and not an excuse to give up 50.
3. From a pure physiological standpoint, KC is much better equipped to take the beating that our Oline allows our QBs to take.
4. We can and will beat Vandy if Ty is featured almost exclusively, the others are simply mop up type players.
5. There is NO way Missiouri has a night and day better roster of talent with the last 4 or 5 classes they have brought in, simply NO WAY.
6. We will win 10 next year if we play Shrout and feature Chandler.

5. There is a way, Missouri has much better players than Tennessee, they play hard nosed football with determination and effort, but, many of the Vol players are girls

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Technically... the defense gave up 36. Not that that should make anything better.

And what does it mean to be physiologically better able to take a beating?
Sturdier. Larger. Quicker release. Has a better internal clock. He just needs playing time. He's not better. He's just more experienced. A bit more poised in the pocket. But, he hasn't been beaten half to death, for 11 games.

Reactions: Volman365
Not particularly, but if you have .5milliseconds to get rid of the ball that's about all you're going to get. One area I do think JG can improve on is recognizing blitzes. Hopefully that will come with coaching and experience.
That is something they'd hoped Keller would help him with.

Reactions: Volman365
Thinking about some of that...

Of the RB's, Chandler did have the best game last night.
Jordan seemed to be off right from the start.
Fils-Aime can't fumble on one of his few touches.
Banks seems to have disappeared since the RB-LB-RB switch around.

So, OP is probably correct that Chandler needs to roll vs Candybilt.

Not so sure about some of the other observations...

My problem with the OC is that evidently he doesn't keep score of the plays that worked well in previous weeks and try to integrate them in the coming weeks game plan. Can't understand how we are 11 games into the season and still haven't more ways to get Ty the ball. I am not sure if Helton has the complete reigns of the game plan for the team or not. For some reason after a game like Kentucky then Jordan just disappears. Its like a bi-polar offense. Of course the O-line has dictated what our offense is capable or incapable of doing no matter who is at QB or running back but the OC hasn't seemed to try to help much other than those behind the line passes in the Aubby game.

You know this because outside of the Texas A&M game, Alvin put up ridiculously good numbers right??? 🙄

lol, Kamara actually had the ability to be elusive and break tackles to gain extra yards and score touchdowns. Chandler doesn’t have that. Is he a good back? Yes. Is he on the level of Alvin Kamara nope.

1. I won't bother arguing whether Chandler is or isn't "Heisman Ability"..., let's just say he's elite.

There is nothing wrong with our staff being "enamored" with spreading the ball around to other backs besides our elite RB.
It is not frustrating. It's very logical and smart SEC football to utilize our RB's like we have.
I'm all for getting Chandler 15-20 touches a game if not more. I'm not for giving him 15 touches between the tackles to grind out tough yards. He's not a punisher and I don't think he's 'physiologically' built for it.
You don't win in the SEC if you don't run between the tackles.

You do realize Kamara shares the workload in NO?

2. I agree. 79 plays isn't ridiculous nor a valid excuse to give up 50 (or the actual 36 they did give up).

Our defense isn't good. The best counter is to run the ball between the tackles and try and shorten the game. If you can't do that then stuff life yesterday happens.

3. Hell no with a side of WTF?
Above average physiological makeup is the only rationale explanation to explain the amount of punishment JG's endured thus far in his career.
Bigger and stouter doesn't mean an athletic physiological advantage.

4. The first half I hope your right. Possibly our last game of the season, but at least a few weeks for Chandler recover if not, so sure. Let's go for broke with Chandler.

For the second half may you choke on a piece of pork sausage that has hair all over it.
Tim Jordan is only a 2nd year player, a true sophomore, and has performed very well. If Chandler wins the Heisman next year and goes pro, I'm looking forward to seeing what Tim Jordan can do behind Pruitt's 2020 year three SEC OL.
J Banks is a playmaker. I don't know if he'll stay at RB, end up on defense, or what. The excitement & energy he has displayed indicates a much stronger part of UT's near future than as that of a mop up player.

5. I agree.
They have a night and day better OL & DL though. With their experienced future NFL QB and linemen they where the much better team. They're not that much more talented than Florida either but they're a better team this year.

6. Nah.

I can't take this one serious enough to reply.

volman365,where have you been the last sixteen games in saying that Jarrett cannpt take a beating?You,sir,are a total loon if you believe that to be anywhere near the case.Your saying that his shoulders and hips are too narrow is only your jealosy that je would look better in your dresses than you.

My problem with the OC is that evidently he doesn't keep score of the plays that worked well in previous weeks and try to integrate them in the coming weeks game plan. Can't understand how we are 11 games into the season and still haven't more ways to get Ty the ball. I am not sure if Helton has the complete reigns of the game plan for the team or not. For some reason after a game like Kentucky then Jordan just disappears. Its like a bi-polar offense. Of course the O-line has dictated what our offense is capable or incapable of doing no matter who is at QB or running back but the OC hasn't seemed to try to help much other than those behind the line passes in the Aubby game.

Yes. JG getting his bell rung on the third play, just seemed to throw everything into a death spiral last night. Jordan didn't seem in be in sync with Chryst. I think Helton may see issues like that better from the press box than on the sidelines. Having the Head Coach and the OC arguing on the sidelines doesn't inspire much confidence.

I forgot about London...he provided some experience and depth early. But, hasn't been much of a factor in recent games.

Reactions: WhitewaterVol
You lost me on “think Kamara on Steroids” in regards to Chandler.... lol

If you think Ty Chandler is anywhere near the back that Alvin Kamara was and is, there is simply something wrong with you.

Damn you gotta tell me what kinda dope you are smoking because yours is clearly better than mine!

1. Ty Chandler is a Heisman ability back but our staff is enamored with "spreading" the ball around to other backs throughout the game. It is very frustrating as he can and will be a stud in the league. Think Kamara on steroids.
2. 79 plays in a modern football game is not much for a defense to play. Its not ideal but definitely not a ridiculous number and not an excuse to give up 50.
3. From a pure physiological standpoint, KC is much better equipped to take the beating that our Oline allows our QBs to take.
4. We can and will beat Vandy if Ty is featured almost exclusively, the others are simply mop up type players.
5. There is NO way Missiouri has a night and day better roster of talent with the last 4 or 5 classes they have brought in, simply NO WAY.
6. We will win 10 next year if we play Shrout and feature Chandler.

Reactions: GoVols15
My son played with Ty at BA, I know what we have in Ty.
I don’t remember Ty playing @ BA or Brentwood Academy . I remember his career @ MBA or Montgomery Bell Academy . I know that MBA beat BA for the state championship in Ty’s senior season . When was TY @ Brentwood Academy ?

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol

VN Store

Back