Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina)

Yeah. He's a real bum. He's not half the coach Sonny Dykes is.
Now that's who we need to focus on đź‘Ť
I never said Sony Dykes is the guy and I would hope we could do better. But as some poster sated on here we would not hire freeze due to NCAA violations so what makes Chadwell any different. I don’t believe Ole Miss had to forfeit games like Chadwell did at CS. If we gonna hire a coach with violations may as well hire the best coach in Freeze.

Chadwell is our best realistic option. Many of our fans don't want to accept it, but top tier coaches aren't truly interested in this job right now. My first choice was Matt Campbell, but let's be real. The program is very toxic right now and it's not an attractive situation walking in to a depleted roster, looming sanctions, and a fan base that is ready to revolt at the drop of a hat. If the reigning COTY wants to come here, it's insane to me that we would turn up our nose. Bonus points for the fact that he's a Tennessee guy that grew up a fan and wants to dig us out of purgatory.

sometimes?

Well this is more towards a coach being paid heavily or mostly by incentives than it is a car salesman......really.

Maybe.....not all coaches would do shady stuff to get the fat checks......I don’t know.

i am laughing rn. tbh

Yeah, it's like, the conversation isn't between Chadwell and a "proven big time head coach," it's between Chadwell and Tony Elliott or Sonny Dykes. I want Chadwell all day in that debate. Would I be perfectly happy with Matt Campbell or James Franklin? Of course, but they're not coming here!

Yeah. He's a real bum. He's not half the coach Sonny Dykes is.
Now that's who we need to focus on đź‘Ť
Oh come on!...You were up drinking late last night huh?....Chadwell had a level 3 violation: The violation, which was discovered during an internal school investigation, is a result of an impermissible social media contact with prospective student-athletes.....He served a 1 game suspension for his horrible act...Like none of the other coaches in the NCAA haven't done the same thing....It was a minor infraction and he took his slap on the wrist and learned from it....Now that we got that cleared up Lets get that guy to the hill!!

There’s a report on Twitter now that chadwell was contacted by someone. Not sure if accurate tho
also Franklin rumors heating up again

If they go with Elliott over Chadwell, you might as well bury the program. Just feels like this search was rigged from the start.

Reactions: volfan8
Not like I wanted the guy, but Dykes did just lead SMU to their most wins since 1984. That being said, I would take Chadwell over him.

I don't think I would want a guy who is a one year or maybe not even a one program wonder unless he won really big. And that would mean he was at a smaller school or he wouldn't even answer the phone for us right now. Look at ND St. They have been crushing everyone for a decade or so. With 4 different coaches. So while they all may be really good, who built the thing and which ones just kept it going? I have no issue with hiring a smaller school coach as long as he has shown he wins a lot and builds and develops talent. Maybe he stayed at one place for a few years and moved on. Did he also do well at the next stop? What were the circumstances? Coaches can coach regardless of how big the school is. And, if we are all honest, if a guy can get his guys to win big when he isn't getting more than a couple 3* guys, if that....then the guy can coach.
All that being said. I would not be shocked or upset if Mike Houston was on the radar. He builds programs, he develops talent. He wins. Yeah, small schools. But he wins wherever he goes. Had a down year in 2020, but I don't hold that against him.

If they go with Elliott over Chadwell, you might as well bury the program. Just feels like this search was rigged from the start.
Big difference in those two names (Chadwell or Elliott). With Chads, you have a guy who has proven he can and did win at every level he coached. Elliott while is no doubt a fine coach, just has no evidence to give us reason to believe he can do this job. And one other thing no mentions. If by some great stroke of luck, Tony Elliott succeeds at UT for a few years, guess who would come calling if Dabo choses to go NFL or (Lord help him) Bama? Elliott would have zero ties to keep him at UT. But that of course would be a much better problem that the challenge now

It is not Chadwell....They start Spring practice tomorrow
Wouldn’t this be a good time to tell the current players on your team you’re leaving? Already team meetings tomorrow. May be why they’ve waited a couple of days.

VN Store

Back