Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina)

Absolutely. Offer this guy 2 mil a year with performance bonus incentives. He’d be here by 0900 tomorrow getting sh*** done! Chadwell has drip. The players would love him.
Pruitt got over 4mil, so he should at least get 5mil and bonus incentives for having HC experience.

It seems that they are targeting P5 guys, if the Franklin, Fleck and Campbell smoke can be counted upon. I would rather have Chadwell than any of the list of Sonny Dykes, Tony Elliott, Billy Napier, etc's of up and comers, and I personally would much rather take a chance on someone I think will be a big time coach in years to come with Chadwell than a retread like Herman or Malzahn. That said, poaching a sitting Power Conference coach would bring a level of caché with it, and I understand that appeal.

It is nice to see the AD actually realizing that the Tennessee job is valuable, and legitimately pursuing high profile coaches with gusto. It's also nice that we don't know his every whereabouts, because if feels like the guy may actually know what he's doing.

I agree that Chadwell could knock it out of the park here, and he's been my top choice this whole time. I certainly wouldn't understand plucking someone from a similar level that is not him.

Reactions: OllVol
It seems that they are targeting P5 guys, if the Franklin, Fleck and Campbell smoke can be counted upon. I would rather have Chadwell than any of the list of Sonny Dykes, Tony Elliott, Billy Napier, etc's of up and comers, and I personally would much rather take a chance on someone I think will be a big time coach in years to come with Chadwell than a retread like Herman or Malzahn. That said, poaching a sitting Power Conference coach would bring a level of caché with it, and I understand that appeal.

It is nice to see the AD actually realizing that the Tennessee job is valuable, and legitimately pursuing high profile coaches with gusto. It's also nice that we don't know his every whereabouts, because if feels like the guy may actually know what he's doing.

I agree that Chadwell could knock it out of the park here, and he's been my top choice this whole time. I certainly wouldn't understand plucking someone from a similar level that is not him.
I agree 💯. P5 guys can come with a lot of baggage though. Give me the guy from small town beating those P5 coaches with tons less. Give the guy raises as he grows into a Big Fish and keep him here.

Reactions: loservol
I agree 💯. P5 guys can come with a lot of baggage though. Give me the guy from small town beating those P5 coaches with tons less. Give the guy raises as he grows into a Big Fish and keep him here.

Oh, I'm on the same page you are. He does less with more, and he's not afraid to take on more talented teams. I've maintained that we need that level of fire here with the rebuild we are embarking upon. I also think he could take our current roster and surprise some people, and if he had a measure of success he would be here forever. It's my top pick, and we will just see if they are working it behind the scenes. Regardless, we need resolution in the next two days before people get really restless.

Be great if we could cultivate our own version of Saban/Urban.

Reactions: volfan8
Yeah I think if the fan base starts getting desperate and making dumb comments about us striking out on social media our hire goes south quick!

Oh, I'm on the same page you are. He does less with more, and he's not afraid to take on more talented teams. I've maintained that we need that level of fire here with the rebuild we are embarking upon. I also think he could take our current roster and surprise some people, and if he had a measure of success he would be here forever. It's my top pick, and we will just see if they are working it behind the scenes. Regardless, we need resolution in the next two days before people get really restless.
He's like that smart and sweet girl next door that has a slight crush on us, while we are acting like a jerk that asks all the girls that are way out of our league to the prom.

Pruitt got over 4mil, so he should at least get 5mil and bonus incentives for having HC experience.
Absolutely. Offer this guy 2 mil a year with performance bonus incentives. He’d be here by 0900 tomorrow getting sh*** done! Chadwell has drip. The players would love him.
Absolutely exactly how it should be done, want more monry , get our guys to perform

Absolutely exactly how it should be done, want more monry , get our guys to perform

You hire Chadwell to a heavily incentive laden contract, and I think you watch wins stack up. It would be refreshing if we were the first major program to go that route. Here is your $3M base salary. If you beat FL, GA, or Bama in your first three years you get a $500k bonus. Win the East $1M. Win the SEC $2M. Otherwise, every win is an additional $200k.
I would love to see an inventive contract actually thrown out there. Reportedly, Sam Pittman's deal at Arkansas is heavy on incentives. It just seems like a good way to have a guy hungry to succeed.

You hire Chadwell to a heavily incentive laden contract, and I think you watch wins stack up. It would be refreshing if we were the first major program to go that route. Here is your $3M base salary. If you beat FL, GA, or Bama in your first three years you get a $500k bonus. Win the East $1M. Win the SEC $2M. Otherwise, every win is an additional $200k.
I would love to see an inventive contract actually thrown out there. Reportedly, Sam Pittman's deal at Arkansas is heavy on incentives. It just seems like a good way to have a guy hungry to succeed.

I’d say make it “$500k per win against GA, Bama, FL every year” that’s 4.5mil plus another 2 for SEC (1 for appearance, 1 for a win) championship and another 2 for national title (1 for appearance and 1 for a win). 8.5mil total in a season and everyone is happy. Heck, I’d even allow for 250k for 8 wins, another 250k for 10 and another 250k for an undefeated regular season. 9.25million with an undefeated season and a Natty in hand.

I’d say make it “$500k per win against GA, Bama, FL every year” that’s 4.5mil plus another 2 for SEC (1 for appearance, 1 for a win) championship and another 2 for national title (1 for appearance and 1 for a win). 8.5mil total in a season and everyone is happy. Heck, I’d even allow for 250k for 8 wins, another 250k for 10 and another 250k for an undefeated regular season. 9.25million with an undefeated season and a Natty in hand.

It would make exponentially more money than they would spend. At this point, I don't think Alabama could pay Nick Saban enough money in comparison to his worth to the institution. They have had more out of state applicants than in-state for years now. A championship winning coach rakes in money for the school in a way we don't really understand.

Reactions: volfan8
The funny thing about incentives is, if you’re winning, the fans are making the University ten fold. Paying him those bonuses would be nothing in comparison. Donors start throwing in to a winning program like crazy.

Reactions: RhodesVol
It would make exponentially more money than they would spend. At this point, I don't think Alabama could pay Nick Saban enough money in comparison to his worth to the institution. They have had more out of state applicants than in-state for years now. A championship winning coach rakes in money for the school in a way we don't really understand.
Pretty much just said the same lol. Absolutely..

Reactions: RhodesVol
I am 100% on board with Chadwell getting the job...But are the powers that be listening?....Hmmmmm.....
Let’s hope. I don’t see how any competent football mind (especially White) can overlook a rising star like JC. The gamecocks were dumb IMO for passing on him and hiring a coordinator.

Let’s hope. I don’t see how any competent football mind (especially White) can overlook a rising star like JC. The gamecocks were dumb IMO for passing on him and hiring a coordinator.

They hired a position coach! Shane Beamer seems to be their Derek Dooley, in my eyes, but without the lackluster head coaching record. He is just another member of the college football royalty that is living off his daddy's name.

Should put that in somebody's ear

They hired a position coach! Shane Beamer seems to be their Derek Dooley, in my eyes, but without the lackluster head coaching record. He is just another member of the college football royalty that is living off his daddy's name.
What! Wowww. Didn’t know he was only a position coach... That’s desperate hope right there.

Sometimes car salesmen who work on commission.......are shady.

I certainly don't disagree that the drawback of monetarily incentivizing wins could lead to cut corners. It's all a pie in the sky idea at this point, but I feel ya. It could be interesting, though.

I think the far more likely outcome is that the TV deals continue to blow up, and in ten years the new median for P5 jobs is 6-7 million a year.

Reactions: JoAllan

VN Store

Back