2021 Fall Practice #2

Coaching comparisons between 2020 and 2021.

Offense
QB: Halzle/Heupel > Weinke
OL: Elarbee > Friend
RB: Graham > Mack
WR: Burns > Martin
TE: Golesh > Osovet

4 - 1 in favor of the 2021 coaching staff.

Defense
DL: Garner > Pruitt/fired Brumbaugh
LB: Jean Mary > Felton
CB/S: Banks/Martinez > Felton/Pruitt
LB/ST: Ekeler > Niedermeyer
S&C: Schmidt > Artis

5 - 0 in favor of the 2021 coaching staff.
And the Graham/Mack part is currently true but relatively untested.

I don't think you're gonna be heart-broken this year. Something seems a lot different than what we've seen. I think it has a lot to do with the positive attitudes and the faith in the coaches and scheme.
I’ll tell you what’s different...
We don’t have a coaching staff who is just coasting and thinks their đŸ’© doesn’t stink. We have a staff that is working and teaching and it’s gonna rub off on these players, who stuck it out, want to be here and are hungry!
That’s all just my opinion of course but I think we see improvement this season. Maybe not in the W/L column but more so in the attitude, effort and culture department.
GBO!!

Crap......just like an abused husband I keep coming back and getting excited year after year in hopes that the tides will change......đŸ» here's to hoping that this time we got a coach who's going to bring us back to glory. (Thanks Fingers!!!!)
Yep. We are always Charlie Brown during fall camp.

I’ll tell you what’s different...
We don’t have a coaching staff who is just coasting and thinks their đŸ’© doesn’t stink. We have a staff that is working and teaching and it’s gonna rub off on these players, who stuck it out, want to be here and are hungry!
That’s all just my opinion of course but I think we see improvement this season. Maybe not in the W/L column but more so in the attitude, effort and culture department.
GBO!!
jnichols reported that Payton got a little loud after Heupel chided him for not getting the ball back quickly. Burns rode him hard afterwards. That’s culture and accountability. Expect it more and more from the players themselves as we go along. No leaving your QB on the ground after a late hit.

Patrick Brown is the last guy I would ever call biased. I have a ton of respect for that guy.
I only say that because of the wording each used...dropping a dime (whicu shouldn't require adjustment) is pumping up HB
The other guy gave more credit to Jones...tells me is a better catch then throw..as both mention the adjustment (spectacular catch) of Jones....

Reactions: vollygirl
I've watched these practice videos the past couple years ...I tell ya it may not translate on field but these coaches 10 times better than what we had under Cornbread .. aint even close.. the drills etc .. more effort .. more attn ... worlds different

More than anything , I hope to see our coaches adjust when things just aren't working. I'd much rather hear them say " well this guy was struggling against this guy , so we switched personnel to change that dynamic , but it just didn't work out" than to admit at the post game press conference that they probably should have pulled somebody and made a change , but didn't because they've been the most consistent in practice all week. That infuriating stubbornness spoiled any hope of progression under the last bunch. It wasn't just at QB . The same crap happened over and over again on both sides of the ball. I know , water's wet

VN Store

Back