Coach Summitt has passed away

Sad day for everybody in Vol Nation. Pat you'll be missed and remembered with love and respect.

BTW, Mike Greenburg delivered an amazing impromptu tribute this morning when the news arrived. Its still the only topic they're covering on Mike and Mike.

Reactions: 4 people
Never thought it would happen this fast. Man, what a crappy year 2016 has been for deaths.

RIP Pat. Your impact on people's lives cannot be measured.

Reactions: 3 people
Coach Pat Head-Summitt.

There is nothing I can say that hasn't been said. Nothing I can write that hasn't been read. I shall miss you, Coach!

#RIPLEGENDARYVFL

St. Peter, open the gates...she's coming!

Reactions: 5 people
God bless her and her family. She was truly one in a million. I'm thankful for having gotten to witness several years of her greatness.

Pat Summitt... RIP. I remember going to my first Lady Vols game as a little girl and we were losing to Vandy by quite a bit. I went with my teammates and most of them had already given up on the team, saying they wanted to leave. But I knew to stay. I knew that Pat Summitt would not let me go to my first ever Lady Vols game just to see them lose to Vandy. And then they made a comeback. RIP, Pat. You were a legend and inspiration.

Reactions: 1 person
quote-god-doesn-t-take-things-away-to-be-cruel-he-takes-things-away-to-make-room-for-other-pat-summitt-76-16-90.jpg
Always will be # 1 in our hearts

Reactions: 15 people
What a wonderful, inspirational woman. I may be a Bama fan, but Pat made me proud to be a Tennessean. She will be missed.

So now I know how my dad felt when General Neyland passed...Coach Pat has made the same impact on all of us, not only as Volunteers but as people. She is already being missed.

Hate waking up to read this. Thoughts and prayers are with the family. Sad day for Vols fans. She sure represented the university well and will never be forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found out... God Bless your Soul, Pat, and RIP. You were and will always be an inspiration for so many, including Mr. Peach and myself. If only by one meeting and conversation, we felt we were Tennessee friends. We are going out today for errands and will be sporting Orange for the most wonderful Coach ever, thanks for what you brought to Tennessee and all over the world in women's basketball...:cray::cray: and for being who you were and how many lives you graciously touched..

Last edited:
Balling my eyes out right now. The 90s Lady Vols are the sole reason I ever got into women's basketball. In addition to Missouri State Lady Bears, coached by Kellie (Jolly) Harper, I still follow the Lady Vols.

Rest In Peace Coach. The Volunteer Nation has lost a great amabassador and true VFL. You and your family will be in our prayers as the Lord gains a new angel to look down upon his flock.

Damn shame. She should still be coaching. Didn't know her illness was one that could hit you that hard while you were still in your early 60's.

RIP

May God Bless and keep Pat Summit, a true VFL who gave so much to UT, she inspired so many folks and brought happiness into our lives. She will truly be missed and never
Forgotten
Peace

Year end and year Her lady Vols were the ones that other teams knew they had to go through to win the Championship. By her profession of faith she never died she just arrived at her eternal home! Now she can really live! Those of us left behind will miss you. The greatest VOL EVER!

VN Store

Back