Coach Summitt has passed away

When talking about the Mount Rushmore of Tennessee sports, 2 of the 4 are simply non debatable, General Neyland and Pat Summitt. Both, giant pillars upon which our sports identity are built upon.

Reactions: 2 people
Summit Glare ,had everyone mesmerized from players to fans, referees, opposing players and coaches. RIP to a true pioneer of ladies college basketball.

Reactions: 1 person
quote-god-doesn-t-take-things-away-to-be-cruel-he-takes-things-away-to-make-room-for-other-pat-summitt-76-16-90.jpg
Always will be # 1 in our hearts

Nice quote, RIP Coach.

Reactions: 3 people
Prayers for her family. I loved watching Her coach, and what a coach she was. I'm so glad for the time God gave her to the world, that he gave her to Tennessee also. RIP Pat Summitt.

Thoughts and prayers to her family during this trying time. She is, and will always be, a true champion in the way she brought the UT program, and women's basketball as a whole, to the mainstream.

I am at work sitting in my office shedding tears. Thank you Coach Summitt for everything you have accomplished and changed during your amazing, inspirational, and motivational journey through life. You will always be remembered and will always be looking out over East Tennessee, The Hill, and all of Volunteer Nation. We Love you!

Reactions: 3 people
A true icon in all of sports is gone. Children will grow up learning of the legend of Coach Summitt similar to those of us who grew up and learned of Coach Wooden, Coach Auerbach, General Neyland, etc. Her name is enshrined with the greats.
May the family have comfort knowing she is no longer suffering.

Reactions: 1 person
So sad. A great coach and more importantly a great person. A true loss. My heart goes out to her close friends and family. Pat, you touched so many more lives than you knew. You will be missed. Rest in peace.

This is too bad, but I'm sure that she's in a much better place. She will certainly be missed by many who knew her and many more like myself who just knew of her. RIP coach!

Pat will live forever in the hearts of volnation, VFL unsurpassed. RIP Pat Summitt.

Sad day for those of us left here on earth. Prayers for her family and friends. She not only affected how women's basketball is played and viewed, she impacted sports in general. Many coaches and players from all sports looked up to her. She was/is and always will be an inspiration for many, near and far.

Wonderful person and a wonderful life and legacy. All of her players will always have the most special memories. She will be missed. RIP.

She did it the right way and her players loved and respected her...... She's a true legend and a VFL

It's already been said many times, but there will never be another Pat Summit, and that's quite a legacy to leave behind. Prayers for her family

She was one of the rare legends that completely lived up to the tag. The impact she had on so many things is amazing. You will be missed

Reactions: 2 people
I knew this would be coming soon but it still brings tears to my eyes to read this and I didn't even know her. I can't imagine what her friends and family must be going through at the moment.

VN Store

Back