Will We Do a Complete Defensive Switch

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
in year 1 or will Pruitt make the switch slowly as the season goes progresses? I've been wondering about this for days. I just don't see the LB depth for a 3-4 right now.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think switching from 43 to 34 in the middle of the season would ever happen. I would bet we're in 34 from spring on. Most excited for warrior

Reactions: 4 people
Could it get any worse than what we’ve had??? Whatever JP decides to do on D I’m all for. His stats speak for themselves

Reactions: 7 people
I don't think switching from 43 to 34 in the middle of the season would ever happen. I would bet we're in 34 from spring on. Most excited for warrior
I just meant keeping a 4-3 base and incorporating 3-4 elements as the season progresses.

Reactions: 1 person
I think we will have to wait until Spring ball to see what changes JP will make, until then he will probably need some time to evaluate the program and recruit. As other posters have said, I trust him. I at least know he is serious about putting our players in the best position to succeed and fitting the scheme to our players, not his philosophy.

I think we will have to wait until Spring ball to see what changes JP will make, until then he will probably need some time to evaluate the program and recruit. As other posters have said, I trust him. I at least know he is serious about putting our players in the best position to succeed and fitting the scheme to our players, not his philosophy.
I absolutely trust Pruitt when it comes to defense. His resume speaks for itself. I'm just curious is all.

Reactions: 2 people
He hinted that we might still be running 4-3 this next season. He's said he wants to play the best players and make the scheme fit around them, and we've not had great LB depth the past season. That said, our LB depth should improve for 2018, so maybe it would be possible to do 3-4, but still feels a bit like we currently lack the personnel.

Reactions: 5 people
Pruitt made it very clear, the scheme will match the players that he has. 3 - 4 or 4 - 3 or 5 - 2. It will work out.

Reactions: 6 people
He hinted that we might still be running 4-3 this next season. He's said he wants to play the best players and make the scheme fit around them, and we've not had great LB depth the past season. That said, our LB depth should improve for 2018, so maybe it would be possible to do 3-4, but still feels a bit like we currently lack the personnel.

Yea lb is going to be a problem no matter what I think but think our d line personel is way better suited for 34

Reactions: 2 people
in year 1 or will Pruitt make the switch slowly as the season goes progresses? I've been wondering about this for days. I just don't see the LB depth for a 3-4 right now.

If we do we better have some awesome lb coming in, cause we don't have them now to go to 3-4

IIRC, he said in the beginning he would scheme according to his personnel.

And then as he builds he would recruit the personnel to fit his scheme.

I think it could depend on if someone like Warrior becomes like a Bob Sanders type playing in the box like a LB and maybe even someone putting on a little weight to move to LB.

I could see TKjr moving to jack LB. I think we stand Kongbo up. Maybe Darrell Taylor plays OLB as well.

Bituli, DKjr, ignont, Sapp, and Page are going to be ready to play next year at a high level. Jmo

I could see TKjr moving to jack LB. I think we stand Kongbo up. Maybe Darrell Taylor plays OLB as well.

Bituli, DKjr, ignont, Sapp, and Page are going to be ready to play next year at a high level. Jmo
I think Taylor and Phillips could thrive at OLB. I'm not so sure about Kongo. He looked slow coming off the ball this season. I now understand why Butch moved him inside last year. It was more than to it than just injuries at DT

I will trust coach Pruitt after he has evaluated the talent his has. He has proven he knows how to run a defense.

4-3 3-4 don't really care just stop somebody. I don't mean to sound nasty just want to see us play attacking defense for a change. :banghead2:

Reactions: 1 person
I will trust coach Pruitt after he has evaluated the talent his has. He has proven he knows how to run a defense.

4-3 3-4 don't really care just stop somebody. I don't mean to sound nasty just want to see us play attacking defense for a change. :banghead2:
For the life of me I can't remember what style of Defense he ran at FSU.

VN Store

Back