'15 MI ATH John Kelly (UT Signee 2/4/15)

You don't think he will see PT? He was used as a returner at Cincy and maybe a WR option out of the backfield

He's similar to Devrin Young, just a step faster and with a lower center of gravity. We could see him at slot but I expect he would have a tough time breaking our rotation, especially with a healthy J. Smith back and another year of S&C for Pearson, Malone, Wharton, J. Johnson, Croom etc. Also Perry will battle some guys for PT, I think the kid is a stud and will see the field his fr year.

Because we have much more pressing needs than "athlete." Where's he projected, because I doubt he's higher on the board than other DB prospects we are looking at. IMO he's a backup plan.

How about you just let Butch and company do their job.

Per Hubbs

Meanwhile, Kelly will be in on Jan. 30. The Vols continued to want to add at least one more back, possibly two given what happens with Rocky Reid, down the stretch.

With Kelly, Michigan State has been thought to be the favorite but the Spartans see him more as a defensive player while the Vols and Minnesota want him at running back. That may be a factor in his decision.

Reactions: 2 people
Has anyone else watched this kids film. I like him a lot as a RB. This kid would be a great addition to this class. I get the feeling that the recruitment of Vaughn never really got off the ground. I would have loved to have had him as one of the backs in this class, but I'm guessing there are some factors the we as fans don't know about that contributed to this not being a good fit.

Ranked 666th? Maybe that story/fable that surfaced a couple months ago regarding Fulmer selling his soul is actually true?!?!

Per Hubbs

Elsewhere, we continue to hear Tennessee has come on strong for John Kelly recently and are emerging as a real factor for the Michigan native.

Kelly has visited both Minnesota and Michigan State several times and will see them both again in January for official visits. He is still scheduled to see Tennessee last and Robert Gillespie has spent ample time either in Michigan or on the phone with Kelly and those close to him trying to forge a relationship.

The one wildcard for Kelly, though, is Michigan. While the school does not have a coach currently, and no one is sure when they will, if the Wolverines do hire someone to Kelly's liking and make a push, they could suddenly become a strong contender down the stretch.

I would like to get this kid. we really haven't had a RB in awhile that can get to the edge and turn it up field. He has great vision.

Reactions: 1 person
Has anyone else watched this kids film. I like him a lot as a RB. This kid would be a great addition to this class. I get the feeling that the recruitment of Vaughn never really got off the ground. I would have loved to have had him as one of the backs in this class, but I'm guessing there are some factors the we as fans don't know about that contributed to this not being a good fit.

He's a very good athlete, no question about it. Although I probably like him a big more as a DB as opposed to a RB in college.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a DB in college. Definitely worth getting seeing as how we look shaky for Martin and Amadi and we're thin at RB as well.

@AustinPriceless: Vols continue to roll in recruiting! Will @D1JohnKelly be the next one to go orange? Time will tell.

@SwainEvent: 2015 RB John Kelly (@d1johnkelly) is a must follow for #Tennessee fans. RB is a huge position of need. He's very high on the board.

VN Store

Back