'17 OH TE Matt Dotson

like "BIG FISH" just jumpin' in tha boat!

marlin-jumps-into-boat-o.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Big-time player. Been overshadowed up to this point because of Jake Hausmann. He would have started at any other school in Cincy last year as a sophomore. He'd be a great pickup.

Reactions: 5 people
Big-time player. Been overshadowed up to this point because of Jake Hausmann. He would have started at any other school in Cincy last year as a sophomore. He'd be a great pickup.

And you'd assume this kid would be at or near the top of the TE list. Lord knows we need more talent and depth at the position.

And you'd assume this kid would be at or near the top of the TE list. Lord knows we need more talent and depth at the position.

He has to be at the top IMO. He has a great frame and is still growing. He's had a great summer and picked up some really good offers. I've heard he's OSU #1 TE target for '17.

He has to be at the top IMO. He has a great frame and is still growing. He's had a great summer and picked up some really good offers. I've heard he's OSU #1 TE target for '17.

Hopefully this is the start of Butch owning Cincy since he has some connects there. It's always going to be hard with the tree nuts and Urbie being such a damn slick nut gobbler.
Ohio produces some elite talent, northern part of the state is way harder to crack, Glenville aka OSU pipeline, MasJackson and that whole Akron/Cleveland/Kent area. And o course Columbus has a couple schools.
So we need to be all over Cincy-
Ohio, VA, Carolinas are great spots

Hopefully this is the start of Butch owning Cincy since he has some connects there. It's always going to be hard with the tree nuts and Urbie being such a damn slick nut gobbler.
Ohio produces some elite talent, northern part of the state is way harder to crack, Glenville aka OSU pipeline, MasJackson and that whole Akron/Cleveland/Kent area. And o course Columbus has a couple schools.
So we need to be all over Cincy-
Ohio, VA, Carolinas are great spots

Good points. They'll only target what they consider truly elite guys in Cincy/Ohio. And like you said most of them are OSU locks.

Thankfully they aren't going to go into Ohio like Kentucky does and prioritize every guy that the OSU and ND's don't want.

I know when this staff was at UC, they felt like a good amount of prospects in the Cincy area that were in the high 3-star low 4-star range were overrated on a national level (which I agree with). They didn't have much choice with their first class (Wiesman, Branisel, etc..) But going forward if they go after a prospect up here you can bet they consider him elite.

It'll be interesting to see if they offer Matt Bockhorst in the '17 class. He really likes Tennessee right now as well from what I've heard.

Reactions: 1 person

Osu's top TE targets for 2017 are this guy and Cole Kmet.

Good news for other teams recruiting either guy is that osu has 2 great TE prospects committed in 2016.

VN Store

Back