2024 & Beyond Basketball Recruiting

Nice to land Brown--but it can be said that high-school recruiting now seems a lot less important than it used to be. Programs
go to lots of effort to land good high-school players--and then a year or two later many, if not most of them are in the portal and leaving,
and you are spending as much or more time recruiting the portal as you are high-school prospects. The whole sport has become
a version of one-and-done.

Volun TEARS. WOOI Ooops, sorry--suppose to be the Baseball thread) Anytime we beat Kentucky, it's all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Just a VolinTears
Nice to land Brown--but it can be said that high-school recruiting now seems a lot less important than it used to be. Programs
go to lots of effort to land good high-school players--and then a year or two later many, if not most of them are in the portal and leaving,
and you are spending as much or more time recruiting the portal as you are high-school prospects. The whole sport has become
a version of one-and-done.
High school recruiting will always be the backbone of a program.

High school recruiting will always be the backbone of a program.
Not with NIL and coming unlimited transfers. I hate the current system, but the following players would be more valuable as sophomores if the played bigger minutes on a smaller stage as freshmen:

Cade Phillips
C Carr
F Delione
DJ Jefferson

If your a freshman, why go to a powerhouse and practice only if you can play big minutes elsewhere?

Not with NIL and coming unlimited transfers. I hate the current system, but the following players would be more valuable as sophomores if the played bigger minutes on a smaller stage as freshmen:

Cade Phillips
C Carr
F Delione
DJ Jefferson

If you’re a freshman, why go to a powerhouse and practice only if you can play big minutes elsewhere?
If what you say is correct then we should see a significant decrease in the number of HS kids being recruited and committed. We shall see.

Ugonna Onyenso has entered the portal

One of the better defenders in the SEC

I know this is not going to happen but imagine this lineup :

ZZ
Mashack
Dunlap
Okpara
Ugonna Onyenso

Definitely would need some guys to develop more of an offensive game, but thar defense would be so ferocious

Ugonna Onyenso has entered the portal

One of the better defenders in the SEC

I know this is not going to happen but imagine this lineup :

ZZ
Mashack
Dunlap
Okpara
Ugonna Onyenso

Definitely would need some guys to develop more of an offensive game, but thar defense would be so ferocious
Ewww. I don’t want to see Okpara trying to defend a 4 man who can shoot 25 feet from the basket

VN Store

Back