How will Pruitt stop Trask

We need a locker room wide case of stomach virus for Florida. Still not sure who would look more like $!#% that day.

Reactions: LAVol1
If we fumble it away or turn it over two or three times in the first quarter we want have to worry about stopping anybody. I am hoping the offense can play a decent enough game that gives our defense a chance we'll see if that happens.

Reactions: 08Vol and lynnh
Kentucky truly made him look great. From the first play he came in they only brought or got pressure 3 times. In those 3 passes 2 were almost intercepted and one was way off incomplete. He isn't nearly as fast as Franks. We have a new staff and their main thing is D, Kentucky laid the blueprint of what not to do. I doubt this red shirt junior can process the speed of the game under pressure as good as Franks or he would have already played more long before now. I think we will have a good defensive gameplan. our own offense must play good for us to win. We have to be able to run some but we also have to make some plays vertically. We have big recievers and their cb's aren't all world like they hype them. In fact what they do is hold and grab, especially Wilson. Get JJ involved early, I don't think they got anybody that can cover him but we also have to get Palmer,DWA and our Rb involved in the passing game as well. Put Chandler and Gray in the game at the same time and have 1 run the wheel route everytime even if it doesn't go there. Got to show them some looks they haven't seen and execute them. GBO!!!!!

Last edited:
Here is a good breakdown of Trasks play during the U.K. game. It looks like he played really well. Hope Pruitt can come up with something to get him out of his comfort zone. He looks better than Franks.

Franks getting injured was probably the worst thing that could have happened to UT. I think Franks is more talented and can hurt you with his legs, but he's also good for a couple of bad decisions each game. Take advantage of those and we have a shot. Trask might not be as talented, but he's likely going to be less likely to do something stupid. Somehow we need to find a way to pressure him. Needless to say our front 4 won't be the answer. We will have to bring some extra bodies and hope he doesn't catch us.

Kentucky truly made him look great. From the first play he came in they only brought or got pressure 3 times. In those 3 passes 2 were almost intercepted and one was way off incomplete. He isn't nearly as fast as Franks. We have a new staff and their main thing is D, Kentucky laid the blueprint of what not to do. I doubt this red shirt junior can process the speed of the game under pressure as good as Franks or he would have already played more long before now. I think we will have a good defensive gameplan. our own offense must play good for us to win. We have to be able to run some but we also have to make some plays vertically. We have big recievers and their cb's aren't all world like hype them. In fact what they do is hold and grab, especially Wilson. Get JJ involved early, I don't think they got anybody that can cover him but we also have to get Palmer,DWA and our Rb involved in the passing game as well. Put Chandler and Gray in the game at the same time and have 1 run the wheel route everytime even if it doesn't go there. Got to show them some looks they haven't seen and execute them. GBO!!!!!
To add to this, Kentucky were forced to play soft zones for nearly all of the time Trask was in because of lack of personnel. If BT is allowed to play Saturday, I think we can play quite a bit of man, and allow some blitzes and stunts. Atleast that's what I see CJP trying early

VN Store

Back