How will Pruitt stop Trask

Line won't get there, will have to bring more guys than they can block. Opens up all kinds of possibilities behind it though.

Reactions: 08Vol
This is so funny. A guy comes in and plays pretty good then people start running for the hills because the sky is falling.

1. The sky fell week one
2. This guy will not be in the top 3 QBā€™s Tennessee will see
3. Come on itā€™s Floridaā€™s O.......worry about the D

I give credit to Fla for coming back to beat KY, but actually KY was winning the LOS much of that game. So they deserve credit too. The KY backup QB threw some awful passes down the stretch resulting in TOs that allowed Fla to take over the game at the end.

If the Vols had a DL comparable to KY, we could give them a real game I think. But so far, none of our DLinemen have shown an ability to pressure an sec QB. Flask could probably be forced into bad situations if someone could do it.

On the offensive side of the ball, it looks like our OLine is possibly gaining some traction, but they still haven't proven that they can line up on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 and knock an sec line off the ball and get the necessary yardage.

Then finally, there is this intrinsic mentality we always have with Fla. They really rattle our chains the week prior with intimidating statements in the press and it forces them to get sky high on game day to back it up. They come out real high at the start with great energy and we find ourselves in the hole early and deflated before you know it. We have to expect and anticipate that this week and each year with them. They don't exhibit that high octane against anybody else it doesn't look like.

So until we build a strong front on both sides of the ball, it's hard to envision success against the stronger teams in the SEC just yet. That's why I watched yesterday's game so intently with the hope of seeing progress, a DLineman with some attitude to rush the passer or drop a RB for a loss in the backfield. An OLine that actually fires off the ball and drives to get us those short yardage first downs. More than wins or losses, right now I'm just hoping to see progress, to see us getting better and growing stronger.

Last edited:
If the Vols had a DL comparable to KY, we could give them a real game I think. But so far, none of our DLinemen have shown an ability to pressure an sec QB. Trask could probably be forced into bad situations if someone could do it.

On the offensive side of the ball, it looks like our OLine is possibly gaining some traction, but they still haven't proven that they can line up on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 and knock an sec line off the ball and get the necessary yardage.

I think UF comes out and runs the ball down our throats. If we don't get at least a +3 TO margin, we're toast. I don't see our OL suddenly holding their own on the LOS when they have been so bad up to this point. Unless we get a big breakaway or two, we probably won't gain over 120 yds. rushing. UF held UK, with arguably the best OL in the SEC, to 3.4 ypc. As for our D, UTC had 170 yds rushing. How many yds. do you think UF will pile up? The team that rushes for over 200 is usually the winner in this rivalry. Which team do you think is most likely to rush for 200?

This is so funny. A guy comes in and plays pretty good then people start running for the hills because the sky is falling.

1. The sky fell week one
2. This guy will not be in the top 3 QBā€™s Tennessee will see
3. Come on itā€™s Floridaā€™s O.......worry about the D

You must not know the history between Tn vs backup QBs

Yeah ours looked like they hadn't played much football. Not ready at all for this stage. Other teams have guys that step right in. I don't get it.

Do you really not get how a true freshman and a redshirt freshman who had zero good offers looks a lot worse than redshirt juniors?

Do you guys talking about backup QBs realize that the only time we've beaten them in 12 years is when they started a back up due to injury (Appleby)?

You must not know the history between Tn vs backup QBs

I know Florida has only scored 55 or more in a game 3 times over the past 10 years.......and as bad as Tennessee May be, they ainā€™t an FCS school.

Soft zone no blitzes 3rd and Chavis play calling on defense makes any QB look like Tom Brady if they get all the time in the world to throw it. Kentucky lost their starting safety then his back up in that weak secondary...they played poor coverage the entire time. Pruitt will be more creative than that.

VN Store

Back